Thank you Killerwhale for posting your roadmap and things you are considering.
Some feedback and thoughts from a player that has been playing since game released.
1. About your post
I would be nice to see a DEMO video (work in progress) of the new fish fight and reeling. A short video so we can fully understand what is going to change. Because now I am thinking about how currently we NEED to reel constantly otherwise we get slack on the line and poof - fish gone. Again, a demo would be awesome to see to further this discussion.
For pulling fish out of the water, I agree something needs to be done. Your proposal seems fine.
Delay with breaking is also fine. But again, a demo would be best to see all of this in action.
This is good. More events and fresh events are always welcome.
I may be in the minority but saltwater fishing is really not what I am looking for in this game. It will be a cool addition but standing on a boat with just ocean around you is boring for me unless there are some deep mechanics involved. I play Fishing Planet for it's great lake\river fishing and ability to explore the waterways for fishing spots. We have awesome array of lakes\rivers to play on and I want more. But if more lakes are not priority and saltwater is, then fine. I will of course play it.
1. Clubs and Leagues are a MUST. Cannot wait for this feature
2. Skins... Since we probably won't be able to make skins for our rods and reels because they are mostly sold as DLC, I don't know what else can it be used for. I see stuff like markers and such and that is okay but it is really a minor thing.
3. Trophy room. Now this is a problem. We do not have a proper trophies to put in it except maybe giant Carps. Look...
Currently we have Common, Trophy and Unique fish. All those fish have EXACT minimum and maximum weight\length foreach category. So for example if I catch a max weight Unique Largemouth Bass, I can put it in the trophy room but that is not really a trophy. Many players will have exact same weight and length Unique Largemouth Bass that I have and nobody can get further than that. After some months, everyone will have the SAME trophies as everyone else. There is not really a REAL trophy fish.
For a trophy room to work we NEED a new fish weight\length type. It doesn't matter how the fish is called but it has to be RARE and HARD to catch. If you manage to catch that type of fish - that goes to the trophy room. This type of fish doesn't have to apply to ALL fish species in the game at the start. You can easily slowly add more and more of this "special" fish to the game. But for Trophy Room to work, we need a new fish rarity type. So for example a Largemouth Bass that exceeds maximum weight\length but is hard to catch.
4. Inventory system seems okay. Will take some time getting used to but we really need a inventory UI overhaul. I have over 1300 items in home storage and it is really not fun managing it all
5. Bugs and general improvements: of course, always good.
Now for my feedback and kind of a wishlist:
0. I will try to avoid already asked and answered questions.
1. More tournaments. I already made a thread on the forums here:
Tournaments always invite huge interest and many players come back for them. So even you as a company would benefit from it. Tournaments are 100x better than any competition and if we had multiple per month, I would gladly buy a Tournament themed DLC.
2. New fish type that is hard to catch but exceeds current Unique weight\length limit. A chase fish.
I already wrote about this above but this in my opinion is a very good way to make players invest the time to find and catch that elusive fish. You can make it however you want but it has to reward lake exploration, persistence and at the end a great reward for the time spent: a REAL Trophy fish.
I am sure this feature wouldn't be a problem to introduce and I am also sure that many players would devote their time to find great trophies over the fishing planet world map.
We currently only have Unique fish that have set limit. It is just a grind on same fish over and over. There is nothing to CHASE.
3. Simple lure crafting system
You already addressed this but I just wanted to add that if crafting is implemented, it needs to be simple and effective. Just a crude example:
I want to craft a crankbait. Give me few options like: Color, Depth, Size, Hooksize. I pay for it (materials) and that is it. Again, this is just crude example but simple lure crafting would be really fun. It does not have to be a full blown crafting system for every little thing. Just the main things. People would have lots of fun with this system. Simple yet very effective.
4. Modular competition weather types and more competitions.
Don't let a competition be 2 years old and still run on the same weather condition. It becomes boring real fast because it is ALWAYS the same except RNG. Put in modular weather changes so it rewards people who search for spots and invest in exploration. Competitions would be way more fun.
Also, add more competitions. We already have many but you can slowly add new ones over time even on older lakes.
5. This is important for me. Do not forget old lakes.
I know you cannot do much for older lakes and you have finite resources for future projects but doing just few improvements\additions on old lakes would be great. Maybe expand some a little bit, add new (or existing) fish species...
I know old lakes will not be a priority but many players that have thousands of hours like to fish in old lakes. Improving them would go a long way. Also a new player would benefit from it.
6. Other general Quality of life improvements (most of this was already mentioned):
- allow purchase of x-series or special lures (people lose a mission lure and cannot get it back) with either baitcoins or new currency.
- Rework the Map device. In it's current state, it really looks bad. Please make a proper maps with depths and such. It would look better and would contain actual useful information.
- Add all relevant info on the fish marker: Time of Day, Temperatures (Air\Water), Wind direction\speed
- other information that was already mentioned in posts above.
Again, thank you for the update and a chance to provide feedback. I didn't list everything I wanted to but maybe I will in a future post.