Hello, this message if for the developers, their support department and also new players like me who could be very disappointed with the following experience.
1. Started the game 5 days ago, enjoyed it, and went up to rank 20 with 20k balance.
2. I registered to a competition (trout fishing at Falcon Lake) as I found the price very attractive (only a fee of 200 mentioned in the competition details). I buy all the equipment needed and wait for the competition to come.
3. At the time of the competition, I was expecting a teleport to the destination. After all we are in a game, I paid the competition fees, so I assume it is all included. At the due time, nothing happens so I understand I have to pay for the trip. Over 6k. Kind of disappointing but ok, let’s go for it, I still have over 10k on my balance.
4. Arrived onsite it ask me to get a license. As I saw in competition rules that I don't need to keep the fishes to score, I assume that this is a glitch in the game, or that the license is available for the ones who want to keep their fishes after the competition. I decline buying the license as I don't keep them.
I fish a trout, release it and get a fish verification. No fine. I assume this is a good confirmation of what I was thinking, don't need a license as long as I don't keep the fishes. I mean, who would let me register and come to the lake for a competition without all due authorizations in real life? I then get 1 other fish verification without fine so I am pretty confident that I do everything right.
5. Another trout fished, receive a first fine of 10k. Big disappointment, I am ruined now and probably left with 0 to 3k on my account. I decide to keep fishing in the contest so I can at least have a chance to get my money back if I win, and as I have almost nothing left in the bank, I don't assume worse can happen.
6. Another trout, another 10k fine. I check my balance, its -17 000 or something. Ho ok, how could I be so dumb to not anticipate a negative balance on a game? I mean, the shop don't take loan to buy baits when you don't have the cash for it, but for the fines no problem, they can put me in negative??
7. I leave the competition and realize I am not stuck to minus 20k, can't travel or buy consumable anymore.
8. Fish again for 3-4hours with what I have left, I recover 4k, have no baits for buffalos anymore, no more license for fishing bass.
9. I contact the support regarding this issue, they tell me about the license rules, and advise me to fish bass with the 3 gold I have left.
10. I explain that I have too much to recover to find the game interesting anymore and that I would like my 20k back, as the competition costs are quite hidden and unfair to the player.
11. They tell me they don't care this how the game is made.
12. Post on the forum about it, put a negative review on steam.
13. Uninstall the game and move on.
Nice but short experience though.