After dominating so many years now, this statement says a lot. I was thinking about changing my ID to "VFF_xxxxx" just to see if it would help catch more Pike in qualifier 2...
It pains me to say this, but I just have to be honest. Lots of fishing games have come out in the past couple years and haven't had the success that Fishing Planet has had. There's almost a cult following and it's because the game was FUN above all, and competitive. I think the FP team or whoever owns the company have done a good job creating that experience like no other. Here is the truth as I see it:
Fishing Planet should sell their entire game to a triple A game company who has:
1. The money to have a staff more than 5 people.
2. The ability to communicate with gamers about what can make the game fun again.
3. Expanding the game in all areas-- fish, bait, tackle, sponsorship, and get real life competition anglers to buy in. This would allow them to subsidize their own marketing efforts as we all know they are basically salesmen who speak for various products and look like a Nascar while in competitions.
4. The SPEED OF INNOVATION.... according to my calculations the game has been in existence since 2013. Look how long it took to get bottom rods, fishing boats, and custom competitions as part of the game!!! Right now there are people fishing from Ski Doos in the ocean! Unless you can afford one yourself, this is the only medium that you could possibly go spear fishing along the Florida Keys. The inability to keep up with current trends is uncanny. The potential to make more money is exponential. The lack of ambition to improve and expand has simply never been more disappointing. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game because I had a false expectation that they wanted to be competitive in the gaming market space, and truly make an innovative product for a population that drastically needed a fishing simulator on point with Gran Turismo. I am a video producer and make 3d models with animation for digital video and this one bites me harder than anything-- PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION. I'd have to go back to Playstation 1, or Xbox to compare the level of in game customization. As part of a simulation experience, part of the immersion is being able to make yourself look any way you want. This is not cutting edge technology reserved only for Hollywood. This is as simple as buying an Adobe Creative Cloud membership and PUTTING IN THE WORK to make these options available. Holy cow! did they ever miss the boat on customization... Why? So they wouldn't have to work to change anything and the jackets, hats, and boats are virtually binary (M/F). For every skin that changes, i.e. the "new" Boat Series equipment, is a Zeus rod, which is the same exact thing they've had for years upon years, with no change. The rod case/fish net/stringers are a waste of time because (a) YOU NEVER EVEN SEE IT (b) We have better options pretty much from the jump (c) rod cases are glorified man purse in this game. I have never seen an opportunity so wasted as the one for customization in Fishing Planet. It's sad. I'd even be willing to donate my own time and resources FREE of charge to help get it off the ground. I'm sure there are hundreds of players who also work in code on GitHub, doing graphic design/3d modeling, who could band together and have this knocked out in less than a month! I should be able to customize the amount of nose hair I have sticking out! The one size fits all animation of holding up a fish is truly a disgrace. Respectfully, none of us are holding a 200lb Arapaima with one arm. The retrieval of a fish that monstrous deserves some realism, as well as the countless other monsters in the game. That is when a simulation becomes just any other sort of game. Why do people walk/sprint as though they are characters in a low budget claymation video. The list could go on for hours, but the bottom line is this, your game gets stale because you don't innovate at a fast, or even average pace. This happens when developers are content to put in as little effort as possible and slooooowly watch the rubles pile up.
5. I would not waste my time giving this litany of shortcomings if I did not truly enjoy the game. I'm writing this because as a player, I think we have seen the best that your team can do. Its quite an accomplishment what you've built here. We all just want to see it handled competently as 99% of the other games manage to do. I hope you sell the game to 2K or someone who has all the necessary components figured out already.