Jump to content
PH_Trulight

Jigging In New York Comp #3 -Closed- (PC ONLY)

Recommended Posts

Quick Question for Competition Judges. I am entering the Yellow Perch Gold Rush Competition in Emerald Lake that started at 8PM EST on 10/16/17. Do my fish caught in the Yellow Perch Gold Rush competition count for this competition on the forums if they conform to the equipment requirements listed in the first post? I do not see it listed under the rules, but better safe to ask.

Edit: I did not catch anything worth posting in the competition so feel free to delete this post.

Edited by PH_bigdaddy012678

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PH_bigdaddy012678 said:

Quick Question for Competition Judges. I am entering the Yellow Perch Gold Rush Competition in Emerald Lake that started at 8PM EST on 10/16/17. Do my fish caught in the Yellow Perch Gold Rush competition count for this competition on the forums if they conform to the equipment requirements listed in the first post? I do not see it listed under the rules, but better safe to ask.

Edit: I did not catch anything worth posting in the competition so feel free to delete this post.

Yes they count :) for future reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PH_Trulight said:

Yes they count :) for future reference.

I'm not sure I agree here.  Point one: The spawn rates are higher      Point Two: The weather will be different to the corresponding time on the original comp'.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, treebeard60 said:

I'm not sure I agree here.  Point one: The spawn rates are higher      Point Two: The weather will be different to the corresponding time on the original comp'.    

I cannot verify the first point, but I agree with the second point. I think it would be safe not to include in game comp catches with the forum comp. in my honest opinion.

This was not an issue in Texas due to no in game competitions take place there, and in Missouri the fish we were targeting for the forum competition are not targeted for the in game competition. (Side note to myself, I think I would like to suggest moving the "School Bass" competition from Missouri to Texas and maybe lowering the minimum level requirement from 3 to 1 and leave the Maximum at level 13.) 

This is the first time that this scenario occurred and will be resolved before any future forum competitions.

I guess it was a good thing that I did not do very well in the in game comp and all of my fish where caught outside of that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Big D, yes I'm not trying to be awkward or anything, but I just feel that the forum competition is the one we entered and it should be left like that. Importing catches from other competitions can only lead to problems about authenticity etc and, IMO, scramble the rules up. Which at the moment are succinct and simple to understand. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treebeard60 said:

Hello Big D, yes I'm not trying to be awkward or anything, but I just feel that the forum competition is the one we entered and it should be left like that. Importing catches from other competitions can only lead to problems about authenticity etc and, IMO, scramble the rules up. Which at the moment are succinct and simple to understand. :D

No it's all good, i've given it thought, and talked with the devs on the logistics of how the competition fish are generated, and sizes and things like that.  But what i wont' do is disqualify someone's fish if they are within the guidelines of how the rules are written when the comp starts.  The only time I would change rules during a competition is if something is totally broke, and at this time I do not see that happening.  Once again it would come down to if it becomes a problem I would take steps to shut down the problem.

 

This doesn't mean I won't change the rules for future competitions, but as it stands, this one allows it.

He used the right screenshot code, He used the right bait, right waterway, the right fish.  No problem, however I will gladly disqualify his fish (IF you can show me where in the current set of rules it states what he did, is not allowed.) I can tell you I wrote the rules, pretty sure I didn't put that one in HEHE.

Edited by PH_Trulight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what Trulight mentioned above, I believe only one point might need clarification.

I understand that the logistics of how the competition fish are generated, sizes, etc. were addressed above, however does this apply to the amateur competitions as well? The reason I ask is in the non-amateur competition is open to all level players, while the amateur competitions have a maximum level. So if someone can catch the a giant yellow perch in the amateur competition, it would lock out the higher level players from catching the giant yellow perch.

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, I am just a curious fella.

Now back to catching fish in Emerald Lake, that is if there are any left. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that you are including the screenshots from the other comp Trulight, but I agree with Treebeard. This comp should just be a forum one only. It's blurring the lines of using 2 different types of screenshots. Yes they may be the same lakes, but I don't feel they should be used. It's like saying that if they catch fish in different weather conditions in the same lake, but a different server, then that is fine.

The game should be forum based only, with your rules that were started with. It looks like the rule was added halfway through after the comp started. It's like saying that if a race was started, the rules should change part way through to benefit certain people only and not everyone. It's normal game play (which is the forum Comp) and the in-game comps.

They are no longer separate comps in my eyes. How is that fair? I'm sorry, but this is my point of view mate. I don't believe this is OK, as not everyone here is part of the in-game comps. You need to make the playing field fair, as the levels of game play are not being fairly distributed for everyone's benefit here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Misk1976 said:

I know that you are including the screenshots from the other comp Trulight, but I agree with Treebeard. This comp should just be a forum one only. It's blurring the lines of using 2 different types of screenshots. Yes they may be the same lakes, but I don't feel they should be used. It's like saying that if they catch fish in different weather conditions in the same lake, but a different server, then that is fine.

The game should be forum based only, with your rules that were started with. It looks like the rule was added halfway through after the comp started. It's like saying that if a race was started, the rules should change part way through to benefit certain people only and not everyone. It's normal game play (which is the forum Comp) and the in-game comps.

They are no longer separate comps in my eyes. How is that fair? I'm sorry, but this is my point of view mate. I don't believe this is OK, as not everyone here is part of the in-game comps. You need to make the playing field fair, as the levels of game play are not being fairly distributed for everyone's benefit here.

 

 

On 17/10/2017 at 1:31 PM, treebeard60 said:

I'm not sure I agree here.  Point one: The spawn rates are higher      Point Two: The weather will be different to the corresponding time on the original comp'.    

Well hello to all :) , again thk True for this entreteniment, one thing first, you all guys now im not english, so english is not my mother language, well perfect understrand what in here is ben discuss, but about time play experience i can said something, yes im agree here with treebeard60 and also Misk1976, rules sett before competition beging, we accepted and log into for free, no obligation for, i play this game for few years, and i can said one thing and don´t get me wrong for.

In game competitons, yes the spawn rate is higer, and i now that since the second week playing this game, because i play in game comp, also, all play same weather, what it will be more or less good conditions for the fish they will have to cacht, so of course sir, is a diference in there, i said, i im not agree with add fish from oficial competitons, but if you guys said is ok, then nothing to said, but will be nice to now that from first day, any way, i just think, those cachts, didn´t have to be post in this competiton, but is nothing more then another opinion, thanks to all to be there, ( forgot to thk to all players, other way will be no compt to play ), and thk True for all work is done here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think i'm not listening to the opinions of the competitors, I am :).

Future rules may inspire some changes in how it's done.  But once the rules are set as trotta says and everyone enters, those are the rules for the week, :)

The only time a rule change would be made mid competition is if something is totally competition breaking.  This is not at this point in time.

This doesn't mean it won't change in the future as I've stated in the prior posts.

Tight lines everyone :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

×
×
  • Create New...