PH_Bear

TIP – SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO SHOP AROUND!

When you’re ready to upgrade equipment, it might pay to shop around while in the field. Example: Two identical items shown may be purchased for a cheaper amount “On Location” vs. “At Home.” That’s’ a $6030 savings. Obviously, travel expenses, licenses, etc. would factor in but if planned, we might be able to conserve a few bucks when money and/or bait coins are tight. Especially if members see a cheap deal “on location” regarding the higher end equipment and post it here, it might benefit the community.

Some items may be included with specific DLC’s as well so it’s wise to read those descriptions closely. Just thinking out loud and thought I’d put this here.

MagFin BigBox XL Home.jpg    MagFin BigBox XL Alaska.jpg

EDIT: My apologies, I meant to identify the locations. The cheaper of the two was found in the Alaska store. The other in the home store.

Edited by Vicious_Bear
Location Pricing
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Interesting. I never check lakes stores as in one video I watched when starting the game the player said lake stores are more expensive. This proves that wrong though and I will have a look at lakes stores now wherever I visit.

• Thanks 1

Very good advice Vicious_Bear! Another "on location" bargain is the shinners at White Moose Lodge shop are cheaper than the "home shop". So stock up because when you get to Michigan you can't have too many shinners.

• Thanks 2

On 10/28/2017 at 7:17 AM, Diggar said:

Very good advice Vicious_Bear! Another "on location" bargain is the shinners at White Moose Lodge shop are cheaper than the "home shop". So stock up because when you get to Michigan you can't have too many shinners.

Good catch @Diggar !  I've been taking screenshots of shops on the lakes traveled to but since we've recently lost the ability upload pics directly to the forum, I'm stumbling to find a way to offer them up. Time permitting, maybe I'll just post the deals from the shots when I see one.

The local stores give hints on what works at that waterway. The access is the shop tab, same as when you are home. The selection is limited at the local shops.

OK so to bring some life back to this topic, I'm trying to check out the local stores whenever I'm at the lake, and compare prices to the home shop. Since I was in Michigan today, that's where I'll start. Feel free to join me if you like ;) Maybe we can find a deal or two that way. I'm assuming that PC / Mac and PS4 prices are the same. Will do a double-check in the future, though.

Deals in Michigan:

Braid 0.23 mm (150m) > 780 instead of 880
Fluoro 0.5 mm (500m) > 16 BC instead of 20 BC
Mono 0.45 mm (150m) > 420 instead of 560
Fluoro 0.45 mm (150m) > 570 instead of 615

Worm 15 cm (chocolate and white) > 2 BC instead of 3 BC

For the lines it's not worth it. But if you haven't picked up the baitcoin worms, get em in Michigan, and save 2 BCs 😉

• Like 3

13 hours ago, alohastone said:

Feel free to join me if you like

Give me a few days and I'll do the Cali store, going there to share markers and help a friend level up on sturgeon. I'm at Weeping Willow, but all the prices there just went up a day or two ago.

Update on shiners (so far);

$650 - Home

$525 - Alberta, Florida, Louisiana, Russia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, kdog013 said:

Give me a few days and I'll do the Cali store, going there to share markers and help a friend level up on sturgeon.

Thanks mate! Highly appreciated!

Here are the Deals for Neherrin River, North Carolina:

Mono 0.23 mm (150m) > 150 instead of 200
Mono 0.23 mm (300m) > 225 instead of 300
Mono 0.23 mm (500m) > 330 instead of 440
Pear shaped floater (green / orange) > 2 BC instead of 3 BC (LVL 1 instead of 10)
Pear shaped floater (green / gold) > 2 BC instead of 3 BC

Bass Jig 4 g, #1/0 (all 3 colours) > 300 instead of 350
Barbless Nano Spoon 4 g, #1 (all 3 colours) > 2 BC instead of 3 BC
Bass Jig 4 g, #3/0 (all 3 colours) > 4 BC instead of 5 BC
Bass Jig 9 g, #3/0 (all 3 colours) > 4 BC instead of 6 BC

Bass Jig 5 g, #2/0 (all colours) > 300 instead of 430
Bass Jig 7 g, #2/0 (all colours) > 375 instead of 460

Just like in Michigan, there's a lot of stuff that's just not worth it.

But: there is a special pear-shaped floater, coloured green and orange, that doesn't exist in the home shop at all. You can get it at LVL 1 instead of waiting for LVL 10. Plus: this one - as well as the other one that you can also get in the home shop, are only 2 BC instead 3 BC. Might be worth picking up if you're leveling, or if you wanna go in style 😉😄

You can also make a bargain with the Barbless Nano Spoons, as well as the 4 g and 9 g Bass Jigs, that are only available for baitcoins. Pick them up in Neherrin, if you don't already have them in your inventory. If you buy all of these at once, that's a 12 BC discount. Not bad at all, I would say!

Image 2019-04-18 15-16-16.jpg

Edited by alohastone
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, fishdom49 said:

@alohastone You are quite a salesman! Now, I might have to go out and spend some money. Nicely done... again!

😂 thanks mate! I really hope that those price differences are intended, and not just something that the dev's forgot to change. Enjoy your shopping trip mate!

Here are the deals for Quanchkin:

EspiraDoublePunch 5500 SE > 230 BC instead of 235 BC
Mono 0.35 mm (500m) > 600 instead of 800
Mono 0.45 mm (1000m) > 12 BC instead of 17 BC
Fluoro 0.45 mm (1000m) > 14 BC instead of 19 BC

Mono 0.4 mm (150m) > 390 instead of 420
Fluoro 0.4 mm (150m) > 450 instead of 480
Mono 0.4 mm (300m) > 585 instead of 630
Mono 0.4 mm (500m) > 870 instead of 950
Wurm 10 cm (chocolate, white) > 210 instead of 220
Wurm 12.5 cm (chocolate, white) > 2 BC instead of 3 BC
Barbless Nano Spoon 6 g, #1/0 (all 3 colours) > 3 BC instead of 4 BC

Wurm 10 cm (blue, yellow, black, acid green, purple, light green) > 210 instead of 220
Shiners > 525 instead of 650
Large minnows > 8 BC instead of 10 BC

This place really is kind of a craphole. Not just for profits in fishing, but also in bargains.. Can't imagine why anybody would buy lines, minnows, or the DoublePunch reel with hardly earned BCs. The only thing to maybe pick up here (in case you don't already have them) are the 12.5 cm BC worms in chocolate and white, and the bigger Barbless Nano Spoons. Again, if you buy all of those at once, that's a 5 BC discount.

Of course, you should always stack up on Shiners whenever you're here.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, kylerobz said:

😅 as fishdom said quite the salesman, maybe fp should hire you to sell there dlc gear. The delboy trotter of fishing planet😅 quality m8, love it👍

🤣 sure thing, I'd have nothing against being the DLC salesman.. Maybe I could keep one for myself, occasionally 😁

Had to google that delboy guy, since I'm not from the UK. I like the bar scene.. Could've been me 😂 But I picture myself more like the guy from sesame street with the trenchcoat.. "Hey Ernie... wanna buy some DLC?? It's very usefull.." 😂

Jokes aside, here are the "Deals" for Italy:

There are none. 😕

Braid 0.18 mm (150 m) > 450 instead of 460
Mono 0.3 mm (150 m) > 255 instead of 300
Mono 0.35 mm (150 m) > 270 instead of 360
Braid 0.23 mm (150 m) > 780 instead of 880
Mono 0.45 mm (150 m) > 420 instead of 560
Mono 0.5 mm (150 m) > 480 instead of 600
Nano Spinner 4 g, #1 (all 3 colours) > 225 instead of 400

Which brings me to the assumption that those deals at the old lakes are just prices they might've forgotten to change during the updates. I hope they keep some of the stuff in, so that my "salesman excursions" won't be for nothing.

Only thing I can tell you is that all of the baitcoin prices are the same in Italy as in the home shop. So if you really wanna buy some SE equipment or lures with BCs, you can do so in Italy, and don't have to travel back home. Only exception is the adventurer kajak, which is 330 BCs instead of 300 at the home shop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I forgot to mention I'm on imperial mode and not metric but it doesn't matter in California because there aren't any deals on lures. Google does have it's own unit converter for anyone who might need it for deals at the other venues;

https://www.google.com/search?q=unit+converter&oq=unit+converter&aqs=chrome..69i57.6977j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here's what's available in California:

Thunderspin 5500SE    325 BC instead of 345 BC

1000 yd Fluoro  .022"/.55mm     18 BC instead of 23 BC

500 yd Fluoro  .018"/.45mm     1275 instead of 1375

300 yd Fluoro  .018"/.45mm     855 instead of 925

150 yd Fluoro  .020"/.50mm     600 instead of 625

500 yd Mono   .018"/.45mm     945 instead of 1250

300 yd Mono   .018"/.45mm     630 instead of 840

150 yd Mono   .020"/.50mm     480 instead of 600

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks mate, glad you're helping. Appreciate it! 👍🏽

Once we get close to finishing this, I'll combine the deals to a more readable sheet, and include both the imperial and metric measurements. At least for the lures and stuff that's worth the trip. Should be pretty straight forward once we got all the prices.

Again, thank you for your help! In case anybody else would like to take part in this, there's a google drive folder where you can upload screenshots of the local shops. Basically, that's all we need in order to compare prices. Just go through the different tabs one by one, and do a screen for every page.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S4AGAWN7bFdkZmJl-YhEzsCdoI6TUJog?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Had a look in the shop in the Everglades, Florida while I was there recently,

1000 yd Mono  .014"/0.35mm   8 bc instead of 10 bc

the price for Mono and Fluoro 0.12/0.3mm was slightly better (between $45 and $385 savings)

Lucky Seven rod case 100 bc instead of 150 bc  (level 18)

Shiners were $525 instead of $650

3" worms 1 bc instead of 2 bc

Spinnerbait 1/2 oz 2/0 7 bc instead of 9 bc

Spinnerbait 3/4 oz 3/0 8 bc instead of 10 bc

Spinnerbait 1 oz 4/0   10 bc instead of 11 bc

Edited by Carpman99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deals for Oregon;

194394094_PearFloat.jpg.4f9aa4f2d1c1cb1d42b4bc7493bff41b.jpg  Pear Floats aren't available in the home shop until level 10!

Pear float colors from top to bottom:

Gold/White/Green                    2 BC instead of 3 BC

Green/Gold/Green                    2 BC instead of 3 BC

Troy 23'/7m SE rod                  40 BC instead of 43 BC

Barbless Nano Spinner            3 BC instead of 6 BC          1/5 oz./5.5(?)g  #1/0 All Colors

Crank 12'/3.5m #2/0 Perch     20 BC instead of 25 BC

Crank 30'/9m #2/0 Rainbow   25 BC instead of 30 BC

Spawn Sack (lvl14)                   8 BC instead of 9 BC

There's also some deals on lines, but savings are pretty much the same as everywhere else so far, no big super deals so I didn't itemize them.

I noticed a buddy fishing in Alberta last night so I had him send me a screenshot of the equipment section of the shop out of curiosity and the Tackle Box found by @PH_Bear at the beginning of this thread is no longer available in that shop, at least on PS4. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, kdog013 said:

I noticed a buddy fishing in Alberta last night so I had him send me a screenshot of the equipment section of the shop out of curiosity and the Tackle Box found by @PH_Bear at the beginning of this thread is no longer available in that shop, at least on PS4. 

He found the tackle box in Alaska, not Alberta 😊 And it is still available there at the lower price.

Unfortunately, I'm kind of handicapped right now, as I don't have internet at home. So I can't check prices until my connection is back.

But thank you guys so much for participating! If you keep the deals coming, I'll happily add them to the sheet. I attached a screenshot of what we got so far. Will do some more formatting and sorting in the future to make it more readable.

I guess for future deals, we can just skip the lines, as well as the cash lures and stuff, as nobody above level 40 really cares about saving 100 bucks on mono line or a worm. What do you think?

It's a different story for stuff like shiners, where 125 / 10 can really make a difference when buying a thousand or so - even if it's just for the "feeling" of saving 10.000 cash, that you're gonna spend for traveling to the UK and playing a tourney where you catch 3 fish anyway 😉😁

3F839B5D-F679-466E-9B0E-FEE332029136.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alohastone said:

He found the tackle box in Alaska, not Alberta 😊 And it is still available there at the lower price.

Oops, my bad! For some reason I do that all the time when talking about those two places lol, no idea why. I made a quick stop at Emerald so I took screens there and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so maybe I'll do Mudwater and Lone Star too in case there's anything for low level players.

I agree with skipping the lines, but for the venues I just mentioned I'll probably post everything since the lower level players are the ones that struggle the most with building/keeping in game cash (I know I did at first).

• Like 2

Here's a few more;

LONE STAR TX:

300 yd mono .005"/.12mm           105   instead of   140

500 yd mono .005"/.12mm           150                        200

MUDWATER MO:

300 yd mono .007"/.18mm           135   instead of   180

500 yd mono .007"/.18mm            195                       260

500 yd fluoro .008"/.2mm              3BC                       4BC

EMERALD NY:

150 yd braid .005"/.12mm            135   instead of   280

1000 yd mono .009"/.23mm           4BC                       6BC

1000 yd braid .006"/.15mm            10BC                     12BC

1000 yd braid .004"/.1mm              5BC                        17BC

300 yd braid .005"/.12mm            210                         420

500 yd braid .005"/.12mm            315                         630

Casting Spoon 1/4oz. #1/0            1BC                        2BC                                                                                                                                                                                                                Red+Wht, Yel+Red Rombs

Shiners (level5)                                 3BC                        7BC

ROCKY CO:

1000 yd mono .01"/.25mm                     5BC   Instead of   8BC

1000 yd braid .007"/.18mm                    12BC                      15BC

1000 yd braid .0055"/.13mm                  6BC                        22BC

Spinner 1/8oz. #1/0                                 2BC                         3BC                                                                                                                                                                                                     Rainbow or Beetle

Barbless Nano Spin 1/16oz. #2             1BC                         4BC                                                                                                                                                                                                           All colors

Barbless Nano Spin 1/8oz. #1                1BC                         5BC                                                                                                                                                                                                           All Colors

Barbless Narrow Spoon 1/4oz. #1/0     2BC                         3BC                                                                                                                                                                                                           All colors

Nano Spinner 1/16oz. #2                         180                          350                                                                                                                                                                                                           All colors

Nano Spinner 1/8oz. #1                           225                          400                                                                                                                                                                                                           All colors

Edited by kdog013
  • Like 5

I just wanted to jump in here and offer my humble thanks to you guys for taking the vision to the next level. There are many that feel that those with mega $$$ of in game currency and Bait Coins could care less about saving a few bucks.  And that’s ok. But as we watch some of newer players struggling for cash as they “grind” their way up the level’s , expensive licensing, travel and repair fees as we all did, the list becomes a valuable tool and worthwhile “means to an end” to efficiently progress through the game. At some point, every little bit counts and eventually begins to add up. Great job!

Edited by PH_Bear
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1