PH_Bear

TIP – SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO SHOP AROUND!

On 5/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, PH_Bear said:

I just wanted to jump in here and offer my humble thanks to you guys for taking the vision to the next level. There are many that feel that those with mega $$$ of in game currency and Bait Coins could care less about saving a few bucks.  And that’s ok. But as we watch some of newer players struggling for cash as they “grind” their way up the level’s , expensive licensing, travel and repair fees as we all did, the list becomes a valuable tool and worthwhile “means to an end” to efficiently progress through the game. At some point, every little bit counts and eventually begins to add up. Great job!

Yeah mate, I agree! Especially at the start of the game and while you're leveling, every little bit counts. Once you leave Texas - and have to pay travel fees, it might be worth knowing if you really have to go back home to get the equipment you need. One good example might be Alberta, where buying the shiners you need to level with pike is even cheaper at the place than at home shop. Could save you a couple of thousand bucks. Also the BigBox you found in Alaska, that started this whole thing.

With higher levels, I think there's still some good deals on lures, that let you save some of your hardly earned BCs at least.

Kudos to the guys that helped out, @kdog013 and @Carpman99.

I checked what we got so far, and since we still needed Alberta, here's the deals on that place:

Mono 0.3 mm (500 m) > 555 instead of 650
Mono 0.4 mm (1000 m) > 10 BC instead of 11 BC
Braid 0.23 mm (1000 m) > 24 BC instead of 28 BC
Mono 0.35 mm ( 250 m) > 270 instead of 360
Mono 0.35 mm (300 m) > 405 instead of 540
Shiners > 525 instead of 650

The only lakes that are missing now are the UK, Netherlands, Germany, and Russia. Feel free to check those out if you're there. I'll do the same next time I'm there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, PH_Bear said:

I just wanted to jump in here and offer my humble thanks to you guys for taking the vision to the next level. There are many that feel that those with mega $$$ of in game currency and Bait Coins could care less about saving a few bucks.  And that’s ok. But as we watch some of newer players struggling for cash as they “grind” their way up the level’s , expensive licensing, travel and repair fees as we all did, the list becomes a valuable tool and worthwhile “means to an end” to efficiently progress through the game. At some point, every little bit counts and eventually begins to add up. Great job!

Also agreed, this game forces you to be very frugal in the beginning and some of these deals would have helped me when I first started, maybe even changed which venue I did my early leveling at. I'm a little surprised/disappointed to see that shiners are the only real bait category deal. I thought for sure there would be others, but apparently not.

4 hours ago, alohastone said:

The only lakes that are missing now are the UK, Netherlands, Germany, and Russia. Feel free to check those out if you're there. I'll do the same next time I'm there.

I have the screenshots for the Germany store, I just haven't cross checked them yet. I'll do it sometime this week.

8 hours ago, kdog013 said:

I'm a little surprised/disappointed to see that shiners are the only real bait category deal. I thought for sure there would be others, but apparently not.

Yeah m8. Same.

All in all, (for the high-level players) it's just a baitcoin here and there. Those barbless nano spinners you found are pretty nice, and I guess the cranks, too. But I too was hoping for a deal on large minnows or cutbait or something. Well, I guess not. I'll try to figure out a way to aim the resulting sheet more at the low-level players. Like what should you get at the lake, and what's really worth traveling back home.

It was a fun ride though. Felt pretty good working together on this. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, alohastone said:

It was a fun ride though. Felt pretty good working together on this. 

Same here, happy to help. I've already referenced this topic once, hoping there was a deal on the baitcoin crank that I lost last week when I accidentally increased the drag without noticing it. No luck though, oh well.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, kdog013 said:

hoping there was a deal on the baitcoin crank that I lost last week when I accidentally increased the drag without noticing it.

Just win the next big tournament man. And go but 10 of those. plus 100 more slots for your inventory. It's on me! 😂

(I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though)

We all know that feeling...

Edited by alohastone
  • Like 1

Apparently instead of helping the community we've just been doing someone at fp's job for them. Check your stores, there's no more deals.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:03 PM, kdog013 said:

Apparently instead of helping the community we've just been doing someone at fp's job for them. Check your stores, there's no more deals.

You kidding me, right? Really?? That's fucked, m8...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alohastone said:

You kidding me, right? Really?? That's fucked, m8...

Wish I was, but this interesting aspect of depth to the game has been removed.