Hegert

Boat fishing is here! Update 1.1.0.

Hooray, anglers! We’re thrilled to tell you about our most recent and much awaited update - we finally added Boats!

You can take a kayak right now and head boat fishing on either of these 5 waterways: 

Emerald
da0a7b4d66bd887e2a0270a76857a5c1017a5d2a

Falcon
cd672b65e1d6d4974bdcb3cbbeee4fcba6e1742c

White Moose Lake
7ca078b66a3cd03255ebf24da1130c378c418812

Lake Saint Croix
8da13be5dfc391611e91ad89a3bf2270eb5b81d7

San Joaquin Delta
44f2bde07281bf2614fedec736a6c3bbadb6b2bd

Boat pins have been added on local maps, so you know where kayaks are on the waterways.

Another cool thing that awaits you is lots of new water access points on Emerald Lake, White Moose Lakes, Saint Croix and San Joaquin! This means a fresh look at your favorite waterways and new places to explore and set off with your kayak from!

137215baaaec63bbebaed1d208df663c8ec041f4

73dc1cb3762935e0dcd8e03541f75942b4532948

00c6fd45db2dd07d1feb39abb036815a97e11ed0

Moreover, we added THREE new fish species! Now you can catch:

Sauger on Emerald Lake,

sauger.png

Clear Muskie on Saint Croix,

clearmusk.png

Lake Whitefish on White Moose Lake!

whitefish.png

So go ahead and rent a kayak - already available for boat fishing on one of the 5 fishing destinations! 

Or how about buying one of your own? Better yet, become a proud owner of THREE fantastic kayaks, each with its own unique characteristics - all in the new Kayaks Adventure Pack, now available at 15% discount!

One more pleasant update is that travel cost has been decreased for the following lakes: Emerald, Rocky, Quanchkin and San Joaquin Delta.

This is just a short summary to tell you about what’s coming your way!:) 

While you enjoy Kayaks, we’ll continue working on adding more types of boats to the game: Zodiac boats, bass boats and other motor boats. We’ll also be expanding the geography of our waterways for boat fishing. 

Tight lines and stay tuned!

• Like 3

Another DLC item that cost way too much. Bring the cost down, fix your in game economy and you will keep your players happy. This is a GAME for god sake, and everyone in the world does not have $$$ to throw away.

Other than the colors, they have different characteristics I believe.  I know one is faster.  But,  I believe the kayaks will be available in the store in a week or so.

20 hours ago, internut52 said:

Another DLC item that cost way too much. Bring the cost down, fix your in game economy and you will keep your players happy. This is a GAME for god sake, and everyone in the world does not have $$$ to throw away.

Game for us, business for them. They gotta make money because a business that does not, becomes extinct.  And they offered you the option to rent them.  As far as the game economy they just made some things cheaper it will get there.

I agree, it's a business for them.  I think that there could be another option as well, which could bring in much greater revenue.  Also offer a DLC with one Kayak, fewer bait coins, and less cash  for 1/3 of the price.  I bet that DLC would "sell like hotcakes" (Sorry, it's an old American expression).  Just a thought.  I also believe someone has suggested this before.  

I'm sorry to have complained, I have only been here a little over a month and have donated over $60 in DLC and baitcoin purchases to help this business. I just wish they would return the favor. I have had some fish grinds that ended up costing more in credits to repair gear, replenish baits, and cover travel and license cost than i had earned. Very unbalanced IMO.

They really need to lower the cost to about $1000 while they work out the bugs with the boats. It takes a half hour to paddle to the pike and muskie spot in Michigan. Once there it's great fun... until the casting bug hits and you have to reboot the game and paddle another half hour. I got about a half hour of fishing in for $4000. 

Edited by Fishnatic

Wish I can sink the one at California. It constantly drifts into my line of casting and fishing. Very annoying. Wish I could pack it full of fireworks and blow it up. At the current price and implementation I also have no intention to use one either. Completely useless at that price.

I've noticed that, while fishing a certain spot from the shore, and fishing that same spot from a kayak - the bite rate seems much reduced while fishing from the kayak? 

Yeah- I noticed that too with the possible exception of muskie- they seem easier to catch. 

Message to the FP developers- you really need to step up your game because you're making a lot of people very mad. 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, PH_Hilrond said:

I agree, it's a business for them.  I think that there could be another option as well, which could bring in much greater revenue.  Also offer a DLC with one Kayak, fewer bait coins, and less cash  for 1/3 of the price.  I bet that DLC would "sell like hotcakes" (Sorry, it's an old American expression).  Just a thought.  I also believe someone has suggested this before.  

It may be a somewhat older expression than you think, as it's been common usage in the UK for a long time.

Not yet sure about DLC, as I am not usually in a position to pay for any. We'll see.