wvmtman

casting bug

Since the boat update when I try to cast my line just goes crazy it goes out like 170 ft but land's in front of me it happen's on spinning rods not all the time after a while my rod,reel,and line indicators turn red and I have to alt/tab out to shut down game. Plz do not ask for a video because I'm 61yrs old just started using a pc and I know nothing about it plus I'm handicapped with arthritis in my hands. Thank you. 

Klawdette on Steam

Occured 10/19/17 @ San Joaquin

When casting it would show a full cast, but my tackle and line was at my feet.  Quit game and rebooted PC which appeared to fix the issue.  Later, the same issue happened again.  Switching rods did not help, nor did moving fishing spots.  No other programs were open.

I also have a "bug" since the update that cannot be helped by enclosing a screenshot.  I have lost 25% of my casting distance!!  From 229 ft (full cast)  to 183 ft. The rod in question is an 8' 10" Jigwinner, with 8lb braid on.  How can this happen?

6 hours ago, wvmtman said:

Since the boat update when I try to cast my line just goes crazy it goes out like 170 ft but land's in front of me it happen's on spinning rods not all the time after a while my rod,reel,and line indicators turn red and I have to alt/tab out to shut down game. Plz do not ask for a video because I'm 61yrs old just started using a pc and I know nothing about it plus I'm handicapped with arthritis in my hands. Thank you. 

Has happened to me a couple of times as well.  Quitting the game resolved it, apparently.

Edited by TalonAquila

Ditto. I had this also last night after the update just after I caught a nice trophy bass. When I quit the game it then did another 4mb update. Then loaded back up and everything was normal. Have no idea what the 4mb update was about.

10 minutes ago, .K. said:

Same problem here,
Also, I notice, that on NY map, on the same time when this casting bug occurred, kayak change its default position by itself - its "moved" few meters away from the docks (back to normal after re-switch fishing spot)

example:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1174845651

Do you can press "E" to rent this kayak despite of this distance? 

Two Video's made and submitted to the support staff via email. One included rod/pole changes which temporarily fixed the issue and one that didn't. I couldn't reproduce the issue consistently. Hope they're able to resolve it easily.

Edited by Vicious_Bear

Just happened to me- after paddling for 30 minutes. By the time I paddle back the peak time will be nearly over and I wouldn't rent the boat to fish outside peak time. Please refund $4000.

In fact, you should really lower the boat price dramatically while the bugs get worked out. At $4000 you're missing out on a lot of rentals and the valuable feedback you'd get from your community. I see a few people in boats but most players are still on shore. 

Edited by Fishnatic

So i had the same problem and got it recorded hopefully this will help

and another version

ill also send all the video links im providing in Bug reports to support@fishingplanet.com

The casting problem seems to be "planet-wide", aboard a kayak or on land.  Switching from Float rig to Spinning rig will trigger it in a very short period of time. My wife and I have both experienced it in Florida, Michigan, Texas, and New York.  I had the problem in Colorado as well.