Sign in to follow this  
X-xH3aDxS4o7x-X

ALL OF MY RIG SETUPS

Hey guys. I'm constantly seeing people asking what rigs to use for what purposes. I figured I'd make some suggestions. This will mostly be covering lvl 20+ gear, but will give you some ideas for players lower. Just match up the corresponding lower level gear, downsize line, lures, drag, and baits.

I still say always upgrade keepnet first anytime you unlock them. Just means you will be able to keep the larger fish that you'll catch with your larger rigs. The more money you'll make per trip as well. That being said, you can skip some. Buy the ones at lvl 20, skip 23 and 26, get the one at 28 and 31. The one at lvl 31 will last you until lvl 40.

Regarding rigs, you want to have an ultimate goal of having the Vault 7 rod carrier and 1 of each light, medium, and heavy float rigs and lure combos with a super heavy lure rig as your 7th combo.

Rig 1 Light Lure: MagFin Featherlight 7' rod, MagFin Prima 2500 reel, 8 lb fluoro. (1 tick down from max drag)

Rig 2 Light Float: Nero 12'10" match rod, MagFin Prima 2500 reel, 8lb fluoro. (5 drag setting)

Rig 3 Medium Lure: Aurora 8'2" rod, MagFin Prima 3500 or EspiraMLR 3000 reel, 10lb fluoro.(1 tick down from max drag)

Rig 4 Medium Float: Nero 12'10" match rod, EspiraMLR 3000(10lb fluoro) but would highly suggest waiting until lvl 21or 22 and getting the EspiraML 3000 or MLR3500 and using 12lb fluoro. (2 ticks down from max drag)

Rig 5 Heavy Lure: Loki 8'10" rod, Hornet Swarm 5000 reel, 20lb fluoro. (1 tick down from max drag)

Rig 6 Xtra Heavy Float: Brutus 9'10" match rod, Thunderspin 5500 reel, 35lb fluoro.(2 ticks down from max drag)

Rig 7 Xtra Heavy Lure: Rivertex Zeus 8'10" rod, Thunderspin 5500 reel, 35lb fluoro.(Same as float setup, 2 ticks down from max drag)

Edited by X-xH3aDxS4o7x-X
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, beetelgeuse99 said:

ive got a setup using a 3-way rig and an offset hook but it wont allow me to put bait on. what bait am I supposed to put there everything in my inventory is greyed out

Only softbaits e.i. shag, grubs will work with offset hooks and Threeway, Texas, and Carolina rigs

• Like 1