Hi everyone, 

I have been trying to get a Buffalo at lone star lake but I am yet to catch a single one. Any suggestion would be very helpful. 

I play on PS4 and my setup is given below.

1. Bait - Bloodworms,dough balls,samolina balls, maggots. 

2. Ledder length - 85-99( near lily pads).

3. Hook - #4,#6,#1/0,#2/0

What I am doing wrong and correct me if possible but before anyone reply please play a round there and see if u could catch one. 

Thanks a lot. 

36 minutes ago, Roy said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been trying to get a Buffalo at lone star lake but I am yet to catch a single one. Any suggestion would be very helpful. 

I play on PS4 and my setup is given below.

1. Bait - Bloodworms,dough balls,samolina balls, maggots. 

2. Ledder length - 85-99( near lily pads).

3. Hook - #4,#6,#1/0,#2/0

What I am doing wrong and correct me if possible but before anyone reply please play a round there and see if u could catch one. 

Thanks a lot. 

I think I used Dough Balls and a #4 hook if I remember correctly. The location should be right, also try casting more to the right of the lilly pads towards the middle of the lake.

Try using bobber depth of around 55" to 59"!

Good luck! :)

Most baits are wildly erratic until you unlock peas and corn . once I unlocked those I used a #6 hook at 75ft and caught them on a very regular basis , with a small mix of catfish thrown in.

Marshmallows work decently too .

Edited by Warsteiner

On 10/11/2017 at 12:40 AM, EvilSam666 said:

I think I used Dough Balls and a #4 hook if I remember correctly. The location should be right, also try casting more to the right of the lilly pads towards the middle of the lake.

Try using bobber depth of around 55" to 59"!

Good luck! :)

Ty @EvilSam666 ,I will definitely try it out and let u know very soon. I posted this bcoz after the recent update on Ps4 I an unable to catch any smallmouth. 

Ty @Warsteiner

I have never tried marshmallows before but very soon I will do It and let u know .

My post was based on lower level players those who has access to only dough balls, samolina balls. 

Tyvm for both of ur replies. 

On ‎11‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Roy said:

Ty @EvilSam666 ,I will definitely try it out and let u know very soon. I posted this bcoz after the recent update on Ps4 I an unable to catch any smallmouth. 

Ty @Warsteiner

I have never tried marshmallows before but very soon I will do It and let u know .

My post was based on lower level players those who has access to only dough balls, samolina balls. 

Tyvm for both of ur replies. 

Ok, so I tried out the setup yesterday I posted here... No luck with that LOL

This is what worked for me:

#8 hook

Semolina Balls

bobber line depth set to 2,00m - 2,30m

Caught quite a few SMB with this setup! :)

So far, I've only caught 1 there...I casted from the center of the dock, towards the big tree in the distance...about 70 ft out...#4 hook...65" leader...and I caught it on Pet food..(I was looking for Catfish).

Thanks to all of yours time and help. I haven't caught a single SMB using the above methods. I am typing this just after catching a SMB of 3.03 Lbs (my 1St). 

Where I caught , it is from center of the dock and casted around 132ft towards big tree (dark Shade) right near to the lily pads. 

Bait - Red Worms

Hook #8

Depth - 75ft 

Lemme know if it helped.. I have tried to upload a pic but it's not letting me. 

And special thanks to Manga-mann (forgot rest), he told me where and how to. That's a very good community we are building here. 

Edited by Roy

Ok, try this!

Spawn in at "Home sweet home", walk straight down to the lake. There are 2 small rocks in the grass on the left. Stand there and cast towards the reflection of the 3 rocks on the opposite side of the lake, around 20 to 28 meters.

FishingPlanet_20171114215008.thumb.jpg.b5cad89fe7253ddfad56168a7d971a48.jpg

Best bite time seems to be around midday on a sunny day... Be patient! SMB tend to nibble the bait a bit before they take it ;)

Thanks @EvilSam666 I really appreciate your help, I will try it one last time and end it right there. 

Grinding at Texas n Missouri is finished for me, I go there to catch those leaderboard fish.