PH_Hilrond

Community Event Season 2, Event #7-Finished

We will be hosting another Community Event for the Fishing Planet Community (PC Only).  The event will start Friday, October 19th, 12:01 pm EDT and end on Friday, October 26th at 11:59 am EDT.

We are going to be doing something a bit different for this Event.  Normally we fish for three different species at a lake.  We have never fished for Alligator Gar because they are so much bigger than of other species in Louisiana it would have made the other two species almost meaningless in the scoring average. 

We will be fishing in Louisiana (Quanchkin Lake) for your three biggest Alligator Gar.  The biggest three Gar caught during the event time may be entered.  As you catch a bigger Gar, just replace your smallest one. Take a screen shot of your fish in your hand with the full UI.  At the start of the event we will post a code to be typed in the chat window when you take your screen shot.  

You can use any tackle.  X-Series lures, line, or tackle are NOT allowed.  The fish weight (must be in pounds, so you must use the Imperial setting in-game) also, the weight and screen shots of each of your fish need to be put on the Entry Form within an hour of the fish being caught.   Please keep in mind that the Entry Form will be closed immediately at the end of the event.  

A link to the Entry Form and Standings Page will be posted at the start of the Event.  As you catch bigger fish you can edit your entries on the entry form.  Scoring will be done by average, the total weight of your fish divided by 3 will be your score.  

Fish caught during official in-game competitions will not count.   (NOTE:  You must be registered on the forums and also have a Google Account to be able to utilize the Entry Form.  Your Steam Screen Shot links MUST end in /?id=xxxxxxxxxxxx

Prizes:  Kayak DLC, Salmon Pack DLC, Catfish Combat DLC, and Topwater&Night Fishing DLC.  1st place gets first choice, 2nd place gets second choice, 3rd place gets third choice and the remaining DLC will be given by random draw from 4th place to 25th place (must have 3 Alligator Gar entered to qualify). 

SCREENSHOT CODE:  hyaku

Entry Form:   

Standings Page:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aqP34j60YqBQSTYaXP2rRf3HEg-X9-VJ7SlVL9BCuEg

This is an example of taking a screen shot for the Events:

Edited by PH_Hilrond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time we've fished only one species at a lake, but almost the only way to do the Alligator Gar.  If this experiment works, we may do more one species events.  Please let me know what you think.

4 hours ago, J_3 said:

So thats why all you PH guys was in Louisiana fishing for the gar. :P

not really... we just like fillin' our keepnets in less than 4 hours.  'sides, what beter challenge than to fish for gar with a 20 pound rig?

lookin' forward to this one, Hilrond.  it'll be a blast no matter the outcome.

• Like 1

That's not why we were fishing there.  Most folks already know how to catch them.  Also met a lot of nice folks and fished with them everyday, that's why we were there.  The idea came up for the Gar, because we've never done them before in one of the Events.  The main thing is you have to catch the fish.  There will be good days and bad.  Just fish, have fun, enjoy the banter in chat, and make new friends.  That's what the Events are for.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, tombomb79 said:

u guys are doing the right thing and truely bringing the game in the right direction an i wish ps4 did these events.

I was starting to wonder if any other ps4 users know about these events as I've been a fan for quite a while, even inquired about it in the last unanswered Q&A topic lol, but it seemed like ps4 users didn't know what I was talking about. I decided a couple of weeks ago to start playing along anyway myself with pen and paper when these events are announced, just for kicks.

Great work PH_Hilrond, should be an interesting leaderboard to follow next week 👍👍

Thanks kdog.  The Events are much easier to run on PC because of the ease of taking and sharing Steam screen shots.  I hope you have fun playing the Events with us on paper.    

Just a reminder, when the Event starts you can click on the screen shots tab at the bottom of the Standings Page and see all the screen shots of the fish currently on the Standings Page.  That may help some.

If you don’t know how to get the correct Steam Screen Shot link ending in /?id=xxxxxxxxxxxx, after you have posted an incorrect link, here’s how:

Go to your Steam Library, click on your name at the top, click Activity.  On the right side click Screen Shots.  Find the Screen Shot you want and click on it.  Just at the top of the screen shot you will see the link you want ending in /?id=xxxxxxxxxxxx in blue.  Use your cursor, highlight it in blue, right click it and copy.  Now paste that link on your Entry Form and it will be correct.

Also might help if you watch the video on taking screen shots BEFORE you enter the Event, just saying.

Edited by PH_Hilrond

2 hours ago, Warlordsully67 said:

ok ive got wheels in motion but ill be doing it thru facebook for all of you on ps4

Thanks Sully, I wasn't sure what you were talking about in your other post. I'll still be on paper though as I am not a member of facebook, but I'm sure there's plenty of players who are that would love to do these community events