Sign in to follow this  
Dennis_FP

Italy. The Tiber. Part 1

Hey, anglers! Today we’d like to give you a sneak peek at what’s coming and tell you about another new waterway from the European region that you’ll be fishing soon enough. We’re talking about la bella Italia!

MHfSHIVsP9i3-F9M_1l04qDLIQA6S_bMTudNLZTh

We chose the oldest and most well-known river in all of Italy - the Tiber (Tevere).

After all, the eternal city of Rome was founded right on its banks almost 3000 years ago. Tiber is also the third longest river in Italy with an abundance of fish species.

Our waterway is a part of Tiber in its middle reaches, that passes through the region of Umbria. Here the river turns, meandering past a hilly rural area not far from the small town of Montemelino. The water is a bit turbid in this area, with moderate current.

Well, first off, Tiber hosted World Championships of feeder, spinning and float fishing. The particular spot that you’ll see in the game was the site of 2011 World Feeder Fishing Championship, when ukrainian angler Alexiy Strashniy got the championship title. Then there’s also the variety of beautiful landscapes in this area: beautiful meadows with farm fields, vineyards, and forests atop tall hills, remnants of ancient structures, an old dam where the river flow separates amidst small islands and rocky ridges. All of this creates an unforgettable atmosphere of peace and tranquility in the very heart of Italy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pikered said:

Great. I live in Rome. thank you. I'm excited. :icon_2:

that's great we will defeat you ass in your hometown.LOL:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dennis, any chance of a timescale?

You're teasing us with venues, can we get a solid date? I'm pretty confident every active user on this forum would happily act as a tester ( Say, Willow Lake) and provide feedback if that would help you guys along?

'Coming soon' is wearing thin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sabiScs said:

great Sabi. I'll wait for an Italian lunch. after humiliating you. Ahahah

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sabiScs said:

Attenzione che saremo in tanti, preparati un tappo per il culo Sabics LoL

Sabics attention that we will be in many, prepare a lid on your ass lol

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Violentvole said:

Dennis, any chance of a timescale?

You're teasing us with venues, can we get a solid date? I'm pretty confident every active user on this forum would happily act as a tester ( Say, Willow Lake) and provide feedback if that would help you guys along?

'Coming soon' is wearing thin.

I remember listening to Killerwhale's interview with PH_Hilrond before it disappeared and when asked about this release, killerwhale did say he was hoping for around this time, but then also stated that realistically would probably be closer to the end of the year. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't released until January.

+1 for testing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rotacomando said:

Do you know this place?

Hello Friend. I know him well. I have fished many times for spinning. pikes, chubs, torpedoes. There is a lot of fish.

• Like 1

hace 25 minutos, Pikered dijo:

Hello Friend. I know him well. I have fished many times for spinning. pikes, chubs, torpedoes. There is a lot of fish.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to fishing and knowing which fish I can find.