Nagatak

Help with setup

Hey all,

I am kinda new into the game.
Trying my best todo something :P But i got the idea my gear is totally wrong.
With my first rod i can catch fishes (yes i am testing bait)

rig1.png

But with my second rod, i only got 1 fish. in the whole time i have been using it.
Prolly because i don't understand it. But anyone got advice on a better setup?

rig2.png

You'll gain access to better gear as you level up. Your Spinning setup looks fine for the time being.  The casting spoons are OK, but some Narrow spoons #1/0 (Black or Purple are my fav) or some 1in - 3in  Shads for that jighead might do better. I would prefer a JigHead 1/4 Oz 2/0 with 3in Glow Shad fishing at night with an Advanced license at Lake Emerald, New York off the jetty. You can see an example of how most retrieves are done in the Developer Diaries forum titled  Fishing Planet retrieves. Hope this helps you for now. 

Just bought the JigHead 1/4 oz2.. But htat is for the eeh.. bassfishing rod? So i cannot add bait to it?

Sorry i am really a noob.. Enjoying the game tho :P Next thing, learn how to catch bigger fishes :D

It's for the featherlight rod. Just drag the jig to where the hook outline is or where the current lure is, then drag a shad to the same place. You cannot add bait to the jigheads, using hooks bigger than 1/0 like 2/0 and 3/0's should allow you to catch bigger fish. :icon_2:   

Looks like you are at level 9 when you get to 11 there is a real good rod the feather light 7 foot. And at level 13 the calisto mg 8.8 drag. Buy those two and a lot of 8 lb test. Fish New York for walleyes and then go to Oregon at like level 15 and that setup I mentioned is the ultimate setup and you can go fish lone star mud water neherrin and Oregon with this setup. Definitely get the narrow spoons they are deadly with this setup. The best rod unlocks I believe at level 18 the Jigwinner 8’10” that rod casts a real long way. Hope this helps and don’t forget update the keepnet. If you want to get to level 40 fast this setup will get you there quick. The featherlight you have is good as well but can’t cast as far but you can just keep that and not buy the 7 footer and save for the big Jigwinner. You really don’t need any other fishing rod until like level 28 and that’s Florida for largemouth bass with the frog. Then can buy the big stuff before you go to Michigan. This game is the best if you don’t try and buy everything. Good luck and nail those walleyes and Oregon is on it’s way and that’s where you will level up real fast and make a lot of money to buy all the equipment needed later meaning Michigan where you will want to buy the Felix 14 ‘10” and the line glider reel and 20 lb test and all the shiners you can afford as well as 6/0 hooks and 8/hooks. That will really be the only other setup you will need. All the other stuff is optional.  I fish Florida all the time with 8 lb test with the calisto mg reel and the Jigwinner and a frog . Keep in mind though you will need to buy a heavier setup if you plan on fishing at night there because the uniques come out in full force and 8 lb will be a nightmare trying to reel in those beasts. I’d recommend counselor series reel and bass caster 7’3” but this is optional for you want to just concentrate on leveling and making money and money issues go away in michigan. 

• Like 1

No problem. I am new to this forum but am at 19 above level 40 and absolutely love this game. Think you will love Oregon it’s one of the best places to fish. 8 lb fluorocarbon and purple amelyte 1/4 oz narrow spoon is all you need. Nature’s charming hardcore between the rocks one of the best spots. I’d stay in New York and fish for walleye at night until you can get to Oregon. North Carolina is good but better when you get way higher in level and walleye pay more then anything and give good xp. Oregon though you catch a lot of fish I mean a lot of fish. I can fill 440 keepnet there but ideal for Oregon would be I’d say 55 minimum but 88 is ideal so keepnet are key  for making money. I strongly believe that Oregon if it isn’t the best place to fish it’s top 3 and New York is top 5. Florida is probably best but not until level 28. Michigan is most people’s favorite and when you get there and you will fairly quick that’s when you can start buying the cool stuff. Good luck on your leveling.