PH_Kyrstally

Bouncing Lure Bug

username: rstat

platform: steam

date: 12/27/18

Problem: Also having same problem with a 3/4 oz popper in California. When a fish short strikes the lure line jumps up and goes over my head behind me.

Edited by rstat
add user, platform, date

tried my 1/2oz popper again today and it seemed to be working OK  for the time being.  it flipped around once but that's it.  was happening every time a fish hit it.  today was a good day.

13 hours ago, NothingMuch said:

tried my 1/2oz popper again today and it seemed to be working OK  for the time being.  it flipped around once but that's it.  was happening every time a fish hit it.  today was a good day.

You just had a lucky time. The tourney was a flop with all this. Mine and many others lures are still flying 60+ ft behind us. I am upset that this issue STILL hasn't been fixed for over a month now. I see less and less ppl playing cos this game is just breaking down slowly. Because of this issue my premium has lost one month due to this, which is a major part of the game. I am one very unstatisfied customer right now. In the past year I have sunk a disgusting amount of money into this game, only to have this happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PH_Kyrstally said:

You just had a lucky time. The tourney was a flop with all this. Mine and many others lures are still flying 60+ ft behind us. I am upset that this issue STILL hasn't been fixed for over a month now. I see less and less ppl playing cos this game is just breaking down slowly. Because of this issue my premium has lost one month due to this, which is a major part of the game. I am one very unstatisfied customer right now. In the past year I have sunk a disgusting amount of money into this game, only to have this happen. 

wow that doesn't sound too good to a new Comer....I have fishing planet on my pc and my PlayStation 4 Pro as well haha...no problems on the ps4 so far....the computers have ALWAYS had glitches from the commodore 64 all the way to now.  I have been burned a few times and I never spend money on anything online...unless its reeeallly got me haha.  but yeah I was fishing last night and was using my 1/2oz red and yellow popper and I was catching bass left and right...didn't cross my mind that I had a problem just the other day with it...then it flipped over me once.  but that was it.  Im not sure why it hasn't been going crazy lately.  I have made some changes to my videocard in the 3d settings.  and I have added reshade.  when I added reshade the game crashed every 15 min but I did a little looking around and found a few solutions to try and went thru each of them and my game is running pretty smoothly now...knock on wood.  I will get the steps I took to fix the crashing and get it in here...I think that probably helped with the popper.  but it could have been one thing I tried or a combination of things haha.  ya know how computers are.  I do know that I changed some things in my computer services that was either not running disabled or turned on manual to start...some of those need to be on auto.  me and my genious mind thought I knew better and changed things in that service list that I didn't think I need.  wrong.  but don't get me wrong there are things in there that DEFINATLY need to be disabled.  there are a few youtube videos that really helped me onwhat needs to be on auto and what needs to just be disabled.  I also watched many videos on reshade installation and tutorials and why games crash while using reshade...found the fix there.  youtube is a wealth of info.  but another great place to find out if there mabe a small glitch going on in windows that no one would ever know about is microsofts support community forum.  ask any question and its there.  those I listed just then really help me.  and like I said fishing planet no longer crashes and im able to use reshade as well with no crash.  knock on wood again.  had to go into regedit once or twice as well and run a certain command at the dos prompt just to check the health of my drive.  it found issues with my drive and fixed them.  drive is now healthy haha I was blown away when  I saw that.  but I will do my best to retrace what I did and get that info in here.

This is a known bug issue by FP that is affecting many. It is said by support that they are aware of it and working on a fix. It's been a month now. Up until the big Euro release and bugs (this one in particular) I was extremely happy with the game. It did "get me" and so yes, I spent quite a bit of money on it. As for the game crashing, I have no clue about any of that. My game is not crashing whatsoever. Glad you got yours fixed tho. I don't doubt there is a difference between bugs on PC as compared to console. 

well I've  been a gamer for many years. as a lot of you have I'm sure.  one familiar vein that runs thru every gaming company is customer service.  cept for one only one gaming company that I know of that again I just found maybe 4 months ago really takes care of the players and the players are taking care of them.  that's how it works.  this little game that came out of nowhere is called Path of Exile.  from all of the things that I've heard about them before I tried to play POE was nothing but good.  so good in fact that the big giant companies like BLIZZARD and EA and the people who make Fallout games are loosing millions and millions of dollars because everyone is going to POE.  Blizzard made the highly successful  game Diablo 1 2 and 3 and the customer service just went downhill because they  didn't care anymore.  they had the major money...if the game needed a patch...oh well..let the little players wait.  and boy did they mess up.  now POE was this little gaming company who cared and put out new content for the game like every 3 months that's unheard of.  and the players needed something it was taken care of.  guess what happened...POE took big ol blizzards power away and blizzard didn't like that too much and of course are planning on sueing POE or has already filed.  you don't take care of your customers your gonna go out of business when someone else will gladly take care.  and I got Path of Exile free to play and download from Steam and that game was almost perfect.  I mean nothings perfect but I enjoyed that game more that I have any game here in a few years.   this was before I got Fishing Planet of course haha I was on POE constantly....but I haven't even went back since ive downloaded FP.  until they do me wrong I hold judgment.  I do see whats happening around and hear what you guys are saying just hopefully they are paying attention.  because FP is a fun game come on.  \\

anyway I tend to jabber sorry haha... but im glad you have zero problems with your game and computer...most people are that lucky...always complaining about crashes and glitches when in my opinoion they have done something to their computer they shouldn't have now it doesn't work quite right. haha ok bud ill quit talking your ears off.   um need anything lemm know

ment to ask do you have windows 10?

Edited by NothingMuch

19 minutes ago, PH_Kyrstally said:

This is a known bug issue by FP that is affecting many. It is said by support that they are aware of it and working on a fix. It's been a month now. Up until the big Euro release and bugs (this one in particular) I was extremely happy with the game. It did "get me" and so yes, I spent quite a bit of money on it. As for the game crashing, I have no clue about any of that. My game is not crashing whatsoever. Glad you got yours fixed tho. I don't doubt there is a difference between bugs on PC as compared to console. 

Yes, I use Windows 10. I know what you mean about falling in love with games. I played theHunter Classic for about 10 years, 7 of which I was a BETA tester. We busted our butts on that game and it was excellent. When things were released there was barely any bugs and if there were they were stomped quickly. The developers listened to the testers and the community and worked with them. Don't get me wrong, it is still a great game that I play on occassion. But I quit is when the company was sold. They new owners weren't so great with listening and just starting shoving things out. We were no longer a family, so I quit. Before that I was a map maker for Deer Hunter 2004 and again for 2005 as well as Trophy Hunter 2003. This has been my game of choice for a little over a year now. It certainly has a way of eating up time and is enjoyable. I don't ask for much. I just want this bug fixes now. It has been over a month and is most of the game for me. I have been getting into the comps, but now they are somewhat useless when it comes to topwater fishing. I will be back to 100% when they fix this. I know many others who feel this way.

hey I hear ya.  I have a degree in AutoCad and a degree in 3dStudio Max but after I got out of school I went to work for a mapping engineer company making 3d maps of the USofA County by county.  and there was not a detail that was missed.  we got our photos from airial photography and the measurements was less than a half a inch.  put those 2 same photos  in microstation and put our 3d glasses on and calibrated the coordiance with the grand satilites up in space and started drawing.....everyting.  get to a neighborhood and draw all the streets..with Z elevation plus x and y with freggin precision.  I have probably mapped over 6 states.  roads houses driveways mailboxes doghouses light poles center strips down the road patios sheds holes in somebody's back yard creeks rivers industrial plants colleges ditches the depth of the ditch and the elevation of both sides....on and on the details  these contractors wanted started making me wonder what in the hell is going on.  we mapped Kentucky and I can swear to ya if something happens and you try and run and hide...forget it.  every cave has been located drawn with precise elevation and precise location according to gps.  nothing got away.  worked it for almost 20 years and when I left California was being mapped inch by inch with correct latitude and long..and correct elevation.  hence 3d maping…..just makes me wonder. hahah  almost like they are planning to build some sort of digital earth as soon as these companies have it all mapped.  but yeah everything got digitized.  stereo compilation was my title look it up.  all the trees...crazy haha anyway yappin again.  ive been up for way too long and I get this way. sorry I will tone down eventually. good talkin

Edited by NothingMuch

one thing on the guys running these gaming software companies..yaknow not like these billion dollar BLIZZARD empires but these little guys like fishing planet and others that are kinda small....wonder if this is just a thing these guys do on the side.....probably have full time jobs and just can get to us when they can.  people are insanely busy these days with the rat race.  so ya just don't know until you walk in their shoes.  anyway haha ill talk at ya later....whats your handle on fishing planet and ill send you a bud request and well do some fishin