Sign in to follow this  
Dacklin

Line/lure weights not matching rods/reels

Is it just me, or is there issues with line strengths with reels, as well as lure weights with rods?

I am running into issues with 2 things on the PS4:

1) I will have a reel, that says it can use braid line 20/135, 20lb max 135 feet of line, yet, if I use 10lb braid, it will tell me the line is too strong for the reel, & may damage it, which it does cause faster wear.One reel in particular, is my Attorney 3000S Bait Caster, it won't let me safely use anything close to what it says it can use, even the 10lb braid says it will damage the reel. Even though it says max is 20lb 135ft for braid.

2) I am also seeing rods, that state they can handle a specific lure weight, yet, if I use a specific weight, within the rods limits, I get a message stating it is too heavy for the rod, & may damage it. The Aurora 8'2" Sport from the All Sport bundle I purchased, states it can use 1/2oz lures max, but if I attempt to use a 1/2oz lure, I get the warning that it will damage the rod. 

In both instances above, all the rods, reels, everything mates up perfectly, so I don't understand why it keeps giving warning messages about potential damage, when any lines or lures I would use, are al within the parameters of what the rods or reels can use. What's up?

Out of curiosity I just checked every reel that comes in the All Sports bundle, NONE of the reel will allow you to use lines anywhere near max line weight, without risk of damaging the reel. So it must be an issue with the parameters either set for the reels, or, a miss-print of the reels information. Every single reel, including the Attorney 3000S purchased separate from the bundle, & I will assume, every single rod, in this package, has an issue with either using max line strength stated on the reel, or max lure weight on the rod. I normally don't use the max allowed line anyway, but, even a couple steps down from the max strength allowed, will give the warning message for too heavy of a line, & reel damage.

Edited by Dacklin

I keep getting reel or rod damage warnings on fully compatible setups.

I.E. - if I try to use 10lb braid on a reel that states it can use 20lb braid max, I get a warning telling me using the 10lb braid will cause reel damage, which of course it does as it causes the reel to wear much faster. For instance, my Attorney 3000 S bait reel, states braid 20/135 max, but using 10lb causes damage. It makes absolutely no sense. I have seen this warning/issue with several reels, with all 3 types of line available.

Also. I am seeing warnings for rod damage, if you try to use a recommended max lure weight. Such as my ultralight and jigging rods I use currently. Both rods are from the All Sports Bundle you can buy for $17.54 in the PS Store which gives you all 5 of the rod/reel packages. On both of these rods, if you try to use the max jig weight stated, you immediately get the rod damage warning. This is before even adding a plastic to the jig. So you are unable to use any lures of the stated max weight. Just like with the line issue I have seen this weight issue with several rods.

As it won't for some reason let me send the screenshots via email to support on my PS4, nor will it let me attach them here, I'm not sure how to give the screenshots to support. Maybe it's just not doing something  right, dunno, but if there is another way to give you the screenshots please let me know. I normally do everything on my pc, but I don't have the game on my pc yet. I do not know if these are PS4 specific issues or not. I DO however know the above line strength issue makes NO sense. Having been an avid outdoorsman for over 35yrs now, & spent many, many days tossing buzzbaits, bucktails, & other lures fishing for Lm/Sm Bass, Pike, monster 60+" Tiger Muskies, among others, always using braided lines, this warning for reel damage is silly to say the least. Either there is an issue with the parameters set within the games code, or the info given on the reels line specifications in game is a typo. Either way, something is screwy.

2 hours ago, Dacklin said:

I keep getting reel or rod damage warnings on fully compatible setups.

I.E. - if I try to use 10lb braid on a reel that states it can use 20lb braid max, I get a warning telling me using the 10lb braid will cause reel damage, which of course it does as it causes the reel to wear much faster. For instance, my Attorney 3000 S bait reel, states braid 20/135 max, but using 10lb causes damage. It makes absolutely no sense. I have seen this warning/issue with several reels, with all 3 types of line available.

Also. I am seeing warnings for rod damage, if you try to use a recommended max lure weight. Such as my ultralight and jigging rods I use currently. Both rods are from the All Sports Bundle you can buy for $17.54 in the PS Store which gives you all 5 of the rod/reel packages. On both of these rods, if you try to use the max jig weight stated, you immediately get the rod damage warning. This is before even adding a plastic to the jig. So you are unable to use any lures of the stated max weight. Just like with the line issue I have seen this weight issue with several rods.

As it won't for some reason let me send the screenshots via email to support on my PS4, nor will it let me attach them here, I'm not sure how to give the screenshots to support. Maybe it's just not doing something  right, dunno, but if there is another way to give you the screenshots please let me know. I normally do everything on my pc, but I don't have the game on my pc yet. I do not know if these are PS4 specific issues or not. I DO however know the above line strength issue makes NO sense. Having been an avid outdoorsman for over 35yrs now, & spent many, many days tossing buzzbaits, bucktails, & other lures fishing for Lm/Sm Bass, Pike, monster 60+" Tiger Muskies, among others, always using braided lines, this warning for reel damage is silly to say the least. Either there is an issue with the parameters set within the games code, or the info given on the reels line specifications in game is a typo. Either way, something is screwy.

Hey Dacklin,

It is "max drag" setting you are looking for. Attorney 3000S has 8.8 lb max drag setting, so when you are using 10 lb line you get a warning message.

I just tested few setups you mentioned on PS4 (FeatherLight + EspiraSlim 2500 +Mono .009' 6 Lb + JigHead 1/6 Oz + Jig Bait: Tube 2”) and couldn't verify that the problem exists.

In order to see what kind of issue you are experiencing, we really need some screenshots of the setups you are using.
Here is the link on how to make screenshots on PS4 - https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/help-library/apps---features/playstation-apps---features/take-and-share-playstation-4-screenshots-/

You can copy them to a USB stick and upload to any image sharing service from your PC and post a link here.

If you are able to use smartphone camera and make some screenshots of the display it ok as well.

Rgr, will work on screen shots. Will just see if I can send them thru my phone instead. As for my Featherlite/Espira setup, I believe I am using 5.5 brain on mine, & I run into the warning messages if I use a max weight jig, which I believe the rod says is 1/2oz., regardless of the plastic being used. The one thing I don't understand, or didn't until you just mentioned it here, is the "max drag" issue. Id the reel, in this case the Attorney 3000 S, says it can run 20/135 braid, then it should be able to run what it states. The max drag issue kinda makes no sense. Granted, having fished all my life, I have never seen any of these strange issues with any reel or rod setup, fishing musky, bass, cats, sturgeon, some very aggressive & heavy fighting fish, but this is a game & not real life, & obviously there are things here that don't necessarily cross over into reality. It's a sim, I understand. It's just confusing, because when you are sitting in a Cabela's store, picking up a new reel & rod, you look for how many pieces is the rod, what's the action, how many guide's does it have, what's it made of, how sensitive, etc., or with the reel what type of drag system does it have, how many ball bearings, what line sizes can it run, etc., you're not looking for it's "max drag" numbers. But again, this is a sim & not real life.

At any rate, I will work on getting screenies except through my phone. Being in the process of upgrading some of the rods & reels I am using anyway, I don't expect to see the warnings much anyway. Thanks for the replies.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this