PH_Hilrond

Community Event Season 2, Event #9-Finished

CFGr5r9.jpg

We will be hosting another Community Event for the Fishing Planet Community (PC Only).  The event will start Friday, January 25th, 12:01 pm EDT and end on Friday, February 1st at 11:59 am EDT.

We are dedicating this Event to PH_Phasers, one of the longest members of PH.  Sadly, he passed away unexpectedly in mid-December.  He was 68 from Scotland.

We will be fishing in Italy (Tiber River) for Common Carp, Barbel, and Marble Trout.  The biggest of each species caught during the event time may be entered.  As you catch a bigger fish, just replace your smallest one. Take a screen shot of your fish in your hand with the full UI.  At the start of the event we will post a code to be typed in the chat window when you take your screen shot.  

You can use any tackle, even X-Series. The fish weight (must be in pounds, so you must use the Imperial setting in-game) also, the weight and screen shots of each of your fish need to be put on the Entry Form within an hour of the fish being caught.   Please keep in mind that the Entry Form will be closed immediately at the end of the event.  

A link to the Entry Form and Standings Page will be posted at the start of the Event.  As you catch bigger fish you can edit your entries on the entry form.  Scoring will be done by average, the total weight of your fish divided by 3 will be your score.  

Fish caught during official in-game competitions will not count.   (NOTE:  You must be registered on the forums and also have a Google Account to be able to utilize the Entry Form.  Your Steam Screen Shot links MUST end in /?id=xxxxxxxxxxxx

Prizes:  DLC’s will be awarded as prizes (Salmon Star, Catfish Combat, Bottom, and Feeder).  1st place gets first choice, 2nd place gets second choice, 3rd place gets third choice and the remaining DLC will be given by random draw from 4th place to 25th place (must have one of each target species entered to qualify). 

SCREENSHOT CODE:  ciao

Entry Form:   Closed

Standings Page:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HuaqGAzrQpl-1BIKf524QTVEE1qRFb0vaCRSVrymG7Y

Edited by PH_Hilrond

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, PH_Hilrond said:

You can use any tackle, even X-Series.

I haven't asked Hilrond, but any means any to me

Tight lines :)

Umm... not sure why but I cannot chat with a fish in m hand, tab doesn't work.

EDIT: Needed to use the cursor and click it manualy... NVM

Edited by [PH] Rosh

It's very important that you check your screen shot links!  They must be Steam screen shots and the screen shot links MUST end in /?id=xxxxxxxxxxxx

Fish with incorrect links will be disqualified!

There seems to be an issue with the Standings Page updating.  Keep taking and submitting your screen shots.  I've sent messages to the page designer and hopefully the issue will be fixed shortly.

1 hour ago, FFG_Marvin said:

So Have I been disqualified! put the wrong Screen short on  :(

I Did take It out when PhilKool23 told me

If you corrected it before the competition ends you should be fine. You are not disqualified, just the fish entry weight due to not being able to verify it via steam screenshot. Hope that helps. Thanks for joining in the fun Marvin.

Google API is having an issue, so the Standings Page is not updating as it should.  The Entry Form is functioning properly, so keep updating your fish on the Entry Form and the Standing Page will update when Google has resolved their issues.

Thank you all for participating.  The Entry Form is now closed.  I'll wait a while to make sure all of the submitted entries have updated on the Standings Page, before I contact folks about prizes.

Edited by PH_Hilrond

It now looks like the Standings Page is completely updated.  Congratulations to PH_Speedy, .K., and PH_bigdaddy.  Well done!  Also congratulations to Phish for winning the random draw.  I'll try to contact the winners in order to see what DLC they would like and then go down the line with what DLC's are left.  I'll also update the Champions Points by tomorrow. I hope everyone had fun! 

Edited by PH_Hilrond

Wahoo, If you can’t be Good... be LUCKY! I had fun. Thanks for hosting the public event. It was my first time to the Tiber River. I wish I had access to an ATV to get around. I went up to the villa to see if I could borrow or rent one but no one was home.