PH_Kyrstally

Petition to end Amateur Comps

Get rid of ameteur competitions  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Devs get rid of amateur competitions

• Yes, please get rid of them
    • No, a few of us members like them

I have been watching these comps and see that they are joined by no more than 20 people. This is taking up time for those who are  truly involved in fishing them. I think they should be gone and give us more of what we die hard playersd want. Between these and European comps, there is barely anything for us to compete in. There are days that I won't compete as there is nothing I can or that holds my interest. Am I the only one who feels this way? Let the devs know what you think here.

Edited by PH_Kyrstally
  • Like 1

No, you are not the only one who feels this way. I have regularly checked the Amateur comp results to see less than a dozen players finished or that no one entered at all. Give them a comp in Texas and be done with it. :icon_34:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Carpman99 said:

No, you are not the only one who feels this way. I have regularly checked the Amateur comp results to see less than a dozen players finished or that no one entered at all. Give them a comp in Texas and be done with it. :icon_34:

That is a valid point. I like it. Give them Texas.

1 hour ago, Carpman99 said:

Texas would tick alot of boxs for amateurs especialy the lengh of time spent there grinding working out how to play the game, i fink the comp there would be easy filled.

• Like 1

Developers want/need a gateway to funnel new players into competitions instead of forcing them to fish against the lifers. If you want the game to be funded, you'll support giving new players access to content instead of locking them out. 

New players are normally concerned with learning and levelling up. They don't have the money to do the travelling involved with comps and are normally saving up to buy new equipment so many of the amateur comps have few or no participants meanwhile,  everyone else can find something else to do while these ghost comps run sometimes five in a row. Just who is locking who out here?     

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Carpman99 said:

New players are normally concerned with learning and levelling up. They don't have the money to do the travelling involved with comps and are normally saving up to buy new equipment so many of the amateur comps have few or no participants meanwhile,  everyone else can find something else to do while these ghost comps run sometimes five in a row. Just who is locking who out here?     

Well said

i agree with everything you say about the leveling up the cost etc but the main reason i and my m8 who i was racing lvling up did not enter them was because when you are leveling up you target the money and xp fish only and maybe occasionaly going for the largest in the lake or river you are fishing for some added excitement . so as a result you have no time at all to train  for a comp as most of the time the fish are not the money fish in the lakes etc so for me i waited to lvl 40 so then had time to train or learn how to fish them  . so yes for all the reasons above they were a distraction i could not afford or have time to learn .also a very happy birthday to PH krystally hope all your fishing planet dreams come true .

Edited by RedDwarf10
birthday message

may be off topic but does anyone see fishing planet taking the rule book from the hunter classic into  the hunter call of the wild. Basically wanting to know if planet will ever have us pay for the game for a fee?  what are some cons and pros for buying the game outright ?   and do you see us paying for the new update or updates in the future as a dlc that cost money?  What ever is best for the company is better for us in the long run business is business.

Today is one of those days where there are European and amateur comps. When it comes to days like these you realize that more than half the regular comps are not running. This is a joke, really. I have heard suggestions of running all comps at once for so many hours, so as to avoid being limited by time zones, lack of a comp, etc. I find this to be incredibly perfect. It would be suitable for anyone and everyone.Seriously, this is a fantastic idea. What do you guys think? It's a better solve than removing amateur comps all together. Everyone is happy (and in this game as of the past couple months, it would be refreshing)

I disagree with doing away with amateur comps, you dont take content away, you never do that.  Just add more.  Perfect solution it to keep all amateur comps and actually have all max level players have their own bracket of competitions for all lakes which means no lvl 50 (or whatever happens to be the max level at the time) playing against others below their level.  This would not only give the lesser skilled players more of a chance in comps but would also solve the problem of locking max level players out of the other lakes as they wouldnt be pitted against the lower levels but only against other max level players.  Easy solution that honestly shouldve been implemented long ago by devs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DeadlyOther said:

I disagree with doing away with amateur comps, you dont take content away, you never do that.  Just add more.  Perfect solution it to keep all amateur comps and actually have all max level players have their own bracket of competitions for all lakes which means no lvl 50 (or whatever happens to be the max level at the time) playing against others below their level.  This would not only give the lesser skilled players more of a chance in comps but would also solve the problem of locking max level players out of the other lakes as they wouldnt be pitted against the lower levels but only against other max level players.  Easy solution that honestly shouldve been implemented long ago by devs.

I agree in part because once anyone gets beyond the amateur ranks, they have no need for amateur comps; however, the business still needs amateur comps to help generate revenue.

Specifically, amateur comps are structured to generate DLC purchases because some DLCs give a clear advantage to the owner in many amateur comps. For example, the Sports Float Pack gives you everything you need to win the Emerald competition at level 5 when there is no way you could win at that level with in-game equipment. Same for several other amateur comps.

Now, I am not disagreeing that they could be better managed but I don't see how getting rid of them entirely would help the Fishing Planet business model.

ladyblucky

Edited by ladyblucky
  • Like 1

Just for the record, the poll wording could have been better. Instead of:

Yes, please get rid of them

No, a few of us members like them

Maybe try:

Yes, please get rid of them

No, they should remain "as is"

No, they should remain but require a scheduling adjustment

Now , I voted "no" because I feel they are needed for the business as identified by ladyblucky; however, I have no personal need for them as a level 50 player.

FW

Edited by FishyWishy

We just finished Emerald Predator hunt now there is 8 hours worth of amateur comps each with only a 1 or 2 entrants. I'm in Australia so our next comp starts at 6pm, then straight after is another amateur comp, so back to normal at 10pm.... great day off with zero competitions for non amateur and an exciting night of 2 comps and then bed. 

Not a lot thought going into the scheduling which I think is pretty ordinary, it's probably about time a little thought went into it, an amateur comp every 3 or 4 normal comps maybe..... anything other than the way it is!!!!!!! 

17 hours ago, RageQuitElite said:

We just finished Emerald Predator hunt now there is 8 hours worth of amateur comps each with only a 1 or 2 entrants. I'm in Australia so our next comp starts at 6pm, then straight after is another amateur comp, so back to normal at 10pm.... great day off with zero competitions for non amateur and an exciting night of 2 comps and then bed. 

Not a lot thought going into the scheduling which I think is pretty ordinary, it's probably about time a little thought went into it, an amateur comp every 3 or 4 normal comps maybe..... anything other than the way it is!!!!!!! 

they are gertting rid of them rage and replacing them with ability to make our own comps and the current matches will be same but without the ams or so I believe 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 2:17 AM, RedDwarf10 said:

they are gertting rid of them rage and replacing them with ability to make our own comps and the current matches will be same but without the ams or so I believe 

Until then gradually increase the amount of amateur comps because less and less people are entering them, it's cool though because we can put more solid hours into farming which is always exciting!! It's no surprise some make alt accounts.. least they have something to do other than farm (not condoning it just saying)

• Like 1