kylerobz

Sense of comunity spirit

Yesterday the forum began to come alive again, humour added turning new light to bad subjects. Made it worth coming on here to read the threads again finally, heck i could of gone on fishing for a couple of extra hours while my baby girl had a sleep. Instead i came and talked sh!te on here. 

In my eyes a greater win than any comp or tourny. Remember people this is just a game everybody is entitled to an opinion but dont let it ruin the fun. We all have something in common (we all like to fish) some oviously like to fish different to others but we all playing the same end game. 

Anyway just my morning brain fart, enjoy the rest of your day fishing people✌

• Like 6

give a starving man a fish and he can eat for a day but teach that same man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime . to everyone who has never actually been fishing before and only played it in a game then you are missing one of the best experiences you could have as a human being in your lifetime . i have never met one single person who has been fishing for the first time and didnt like or love it . the best way is to go with someone u know who already fishes as you can learn a lot and get experience same time and if he or she has a few rods u could borrow one and try it . when i started many eons ago i did just that and next day i bought a rod and reel line and hook and went fishing was the cheapest set up lol but was awesome and never looked back . the memories i have are the most vivid memories i have of fish i have caught and the fish that got away grrrrrrrr so please give it a try i guarantee u will love it 

• Like 7

True. This game produces a lot of frustration. And I don't know exactly why. To me it's always been (and still is) the most fun to talk to the other guys in a party and do some competitions or farming. I hardly played anything else than fishing planet in the last year. But I always thought to myself, if somebody that doesn't know anything about the game could hear us talk, they'd wonder why we even do this to ourselves 😄

It's always several hours of ranting and raving.. "Ah shit, three amateur competitions again", "ooh fuck, only OneByOne and Yellow Perch", "shit I can't catch anything", "it's always the same guys in the top10", "ah fuck the yeti stole my x-series", "God I hate this fucking menu", "shit I got kicked out of the chat again - now I have to paddle again - I can't find your chat - open up a new one - I'll go restart", "Michigan is not what it used to be, can't even get my net full" bla bla bla.

But somehow we still can't stop playing it. It's got something really addicting to it. Even though it's full of bugs (that take like forever to be fixed) and bad decisions and has a lot of room for improvement to become a great game (see Kps video on the 5 pillars): I guess we're all in love with the idea of what this game could be.

Maybe that's it: the game is still far from what it could be. Maybe that's the reason for all the frustration and toxicity - also on the forums.

It has its moments. But it could be much more rewarding. Still, I totally agree with you. We shouldn't forget that it's just a game. A game that we all love and enjoy. That's why we're here. Let's have some with it. Turn the hate around, and come up with ideas on how to fix stuff.

Personally, I'd love it if the devs took their time to get involved in the discussion. Do more Q&A's. Ask the people what they like and don't like about the game. Tell us what you're working on, and what your plans are. Take part in the forums. Read what's going on here and reply to it. 

Anyways, maybe I took it too far.. 😄 This thread is aimed at the community..

My reply is just a long ass version of saying "yup, agreed!" 😂 We've got something in common; the love for fishing. Let's not work against each other. Let's have some fun together. 

• Like 6

Finding FP has been great for me! I moved to Michigan in 06 and still have not found anyone who would take me fishing. Which so sucks with all these great lakes just hanging about. Being disabled and not being able to drive makes hard to get to anyplace. All I want is a place to sit my ass, at least once, be able to say I fished in the great lakes. Growing up in Vermont I spent alot of time on Lake Champlain and it dozens of small creaks, and a couple of decent rivers. FP has helped at least some to bring that back for me. Now what would be interesting is Ice Fishing and not freezing lol.

• Like 7

A month ago we were all stuck in a rut regarding the 1 same topic over and over. Now we talk of a variaty again👍. Some things we may not be happy with but in life everyone cannot be happy all the time. We are now using the forum to comunicate again , putting our point across, sharing tips/ info and yeh even the odd arguement but nothing that leaves the players in dispair. 

Happy fishing happy comunity

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iGoshawk said:

For sure, and so much that it is kind of mind boggling. This next comment must be in all caps: I LOVE BOTTOM RODS :icon_2:

I didnt try yet but quikrstrike works fine with bottom rod ? Or the fish bite instently?

Edited by Rodrigoskybox

1 minute ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

I didnt try yet but quikrstrike works fine with bottom rod ? Or the fish bite instently?

Fish bite almost instant the quikstrike is the normal strike for both bottom and feeder just cast wait few seconds then reel wait reel wait bang fish on lets go again

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

I let the fish nibble once (controller vibrates - but don't QS, wait), when my bells start to actually make jingles I do QS. This process does not take long, and sometimes the fish just slam the bait and the fight is on! However, I practiced on catfish and sturgeon for a while. After a bit you get the hang of it and will start to smile when the fish hit the bait. I did notice what Kyle is talking about as well. Make a cast, maybe just passed your bouy, and reel and wait a second, repeat, this also seems to trigger bites. I also got sturgeon to strike my bait, practically, right at the bank/shore. I drag my bait across the bottom, reel in - wait for bottom icon to disappear, reel again, you can see the sturgeon come up to the bait and just do your thing then, guaranteed strike coming every time. I got the sturgeon to strike like this at both spots where the sturgeon are just off shore, front and back of the little island.

EDIT/UPDATE - If the bells jingle and no vibration, WAIT, wait for vibration or you will miss QS.

Edited by iGoshawk