PH_Kyrstally

Happy medium for comps

Should comps be stretched to accommodate all  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the competitions situation as it stands right now?

• Yes, make the changes to accommodate all.
    • They are fine as they stand.

Ok, so I posted a poll for ending amateur comps. I had some thoughts about it after that post and found that wouldn't be quite fair. So let's negotiate. Run all comps for say, 12 hours. Renewing and rotating for each waterway. In this way people can fish on their own time within those hours instead of just the limited 2 hours, getting rid of time zone issues. This would also alleviate the issues of all day amateur comps happening through the week as well as having more frequency with our favorite comps. I know it would be a server issue, but c'mon. Something has got to give here. Today is 3 regular comps, them european comps, then the rest is all amateur. I find this unfair and think this would be a happy medium on so many levels. I believe this would truly make everybody happy. PLEASE hit the poll is you have an opinion to this. Share your thoughts on it. If you don't have any thoughts or opinions to this, PLEASE imagine how you would feel to the given situation and how you would feel about this remedy. I see the forums are active but too many are quiet. They make the game, but we play and spend the hard earned money on it. Have a voice and rock the vote people. PLEASE!?

Edited by PH_Kyrstally

Wouldn't be great if the comps could be run in tandem, then no one would be locked out. Would really like to hear from the Devs on their take on things, are/would they consider changes? What are the options/possibilities? :icon_6:

Dev's have been avoiding this topic for a very long time. Makes you think they just don't care about what the community has to say. The game was totally dead of level 50 event players when 8-10 hours of amateur comps were running earlier as far as the event players go. Then some logged in for the Top notch event, right after that, they log back off for another 6 hours until Moonlight starts. Very few enter the Euro events still also as there is no appeal to those yet as it seems they just slapped those together as if it was just an afterthought. Sad times and many are treading water venturing into Russian Fishing and other games now I see on Steam messenger, while and if they ever decide to do anything about it. I'm almost certain Dev's won't respond to this AGAIN as they don't in the steam forums on multiple attempts over this same topic. It's a shame. 

When you get to a higher level, chances are extremely high that you have fished everywhere and caught everything. Instead of the same ole, I imagine that people would turn to comps to continue to enjoy the game. When there is nothing to venture on then yes, they will turn to other things to spark their interest. That's how it has been for me and others I have spoken to. It is time for a change on this venue of the game.

There isn't much else to do. Other than farming cash for a few hours when needed. I won't pay for premium until there is more to do. We log in WHEN events are on, once it's over most log off to playing something else. Just a matter of time when we find a new addiction and they will lose any and all player retention at this pace.  The end game is dead if they keep this up. Nearly pointless with nothing going on for hours at a time. 

57 minutes ago, TTV_KrellicOG said:

There isn't much else to do. Other than farming cash for a few hours when needed. I won't pay for premium until there is more to do. We log in WHEN events are on, once it's over most log off to playing something else. Just a matter of time when we find a new addiction and they will lose any and all player retention at this pace.  The end game is dead if they keep this up. Nearly pointless with nothing going on for hours at a time. 

As fun as this game is your words are true. Its a preference of choice, for the last year (probly more for you and others since your steam players) this has been my favourate game and dispite its flaws i carnt see me not playing for atleast another year, but as i said thats preference. After a year who knows we get the second stage of euro update we get a few extra comps but and its a big BUT, what happens after that will we wait another year+ for more content? This game is a tiny playerbase comunity compared to most games, and again as i said again its a preference. When the numbers drop which they will and already have previously were does that leave the game. The soul survival of any game is dependant on the players. An imaginary cash farm game has a lifespan the same as anything else the question is how longer life span do the devs want to give this game. Couple more years they may sit comfortable with the revenue from dlc etc but where do they go a couple of years down the line when the pot runs dry?? The comunity is the most important part. The saying "the customer is always right" may not be true but if a majority of customers share the same veiws, in most businesses it pays to listen and give feedback after all it is the customer with the cash. For xmas i was going to purchase 4 dlcs just to reskin my rods i use and was going to save some for the bottom feeder dlcs two weeks before xmas i decidided id rather not. Why???? Devs ask yourselfs why????

Edited by kylerobz
  • Like 1