BobNudd10

bait prices

so went to michigan ren out of large cutbait which is 600 for 5 in home store its gone up to 1275 at michigan i think thats right and i am sure its double the price so check and make sure u r well baited up tbh having thought about it they might of been that price before i just cant remember as its been a while since i bought it there but double the price is a bit much lol 

Edited by RedDwarf10

I bought blood the other day in Louisiana the other day for $1425. It's only $400 at home, yikes! On the other hand though, I always stock up on shiners whenever I'm in Alberta, Florida, or Louisiana, they're only $525 instead of $650 at the home store.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, kdog013 said:

I bought blood the other day in Louisiana the other day for $1425. It's only $400 at home, yikes! On the other hand though, I always stock up on shiners whenever I'm in Alberta, Florida, or Louisiana, they're only $525 instead of $650 at the home store.

OMG, guys I am pretty shure you have millions in your stash and you continue to care about 100$ difference for shiners? really?

Maybe i need to wurry about saving on baits, i hardly ever save more than 150k before i waste it on pritty much F all. Im happy as long as i have 20k to get to a waterway. 1 day i can see it backfiring tho and il be back at lonestar lake farming bass all day

26 minutes ago, Shadow of Poohlykhomyak said:

OMG, guys I am pretty shure you have millions in your stash and you continue to care about 100$ difference for shiners? really?

2000 shiners for a $25,000 difference, absolutely. Why wouldn't I stock up if I'm already fishing there? Besides, a lot of new players that don't have much money to spend on baits could use that tip.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 2:10 AM, SlothnessMonster said:

It would be nice if you could bulk buy when you purchase bait als

There was a thread posted not too long ago on the subject in a different section of the forum, not sure if many people saw it;

https://forum.fishingplanet.com/index.php?/topic/17168-changes-to-the-shopping-system-please/&do=findComment&comment=29769

14 hours ago, PH_Bear said:

Tried to start a topic on the subject and get some feedback from the community to log some of the deals but it kinda fell by the wayside. Probably dated as well.

https://forum.fishingplanet.com/index.php?/topic/1288-tip-–-sometimes-it-pays-to-shop-around/&tab=comments#comment-4324

Your original topic is the reason that I do shop around, so thank you @PH_Bear. I never commented on it because I was a noob at the time and the thread was already 6 months old then. I just re-read it though and I like the idea of taking a screenshot of the shop so I can compare prices when I go home.

Edited by kdog013
  • Thanks 1

Guys your rich either in game or in real life lol the most i have in game at one time is 20k cash, and i cant spend that much money on the game im on ssi for crying out loud, lol plus im a real life fisherman with wife and kids who fish too, lol. Be nice to bulk buy through gratz to you through if you can do it. :)

On 2/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, Shadow of Poohlykhomyak said:

Well yeah. I don't know about you, but the last updates cost me a good million in cash. Buying all the new feeder, bottom, carp and spod rods, new tackle box, keepnets, etc. pp. was quite expensive. Buying reels just to work out the # of brake settings, buying boilies for 2000 / 10 - just to catch some not-really-lucrative carp, paying 20.000 in cash each time, just to travel to the new lakes and take part in the competitions (where I, for the most part, hardly manage to catch more than a handful of fish in 45 minutes) makes you think about ways to hold your cash together.

With the constant nerfing going on (Alaska comes to mind - so does the pike in Michigan), one of the only solid ways of building up cash is to restrain from tournaments and sit on beaver island for a couple of nights in a row. Which is just plain-ass boring. So yeah, I now use the mussel stuff instead of large cutbait for farming, since it's just 1/5 of the price. I use Shiners instead of large minnows where I can. And yeah, I'm curios where to get a good deal for bait and the like.

I mean no offense to you personally, but don't you agree that it's gotten harder and harder to keep your cash together in this game?

If you're only playing in the evenings and the weekends, still trying to figure out the new lakes, and yet enjoy playing competitions the most, you have to decide. I like a good challenge, but they took the fun out of a lot of lakes by nerfing them, while upping the costs for people that want to experience every part of the game. You can have fun at a lake fishing, but you won't be able to fill your net with those fish. You can fill your net with big carp or catfish quick, but that doesn't get you much of a profit. You can make a profit, but it's either boring or takes the whole evening.

Anyways..

On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 AM, PH_Bear said:

Tried to start a topic on the subject and get some feedback from the community to log some of the deals but it kinda fell by the wayside. Probably dated as well.

https://forum.fishingplanet.com/index.php?/topic/1288-tip-–-sometimes-it-pays-to-shop-around/&tab=comments#comment-4324

Maybe we can bring some life back to this topic. I was curious if there are other deals than the tackle box and the shiners when you started this topic; but it's hard to compare the prices without a sheet by your side traveling. I made one, at least for the different baits, and printed it out. So I'll try to keep an eye out for some bargains there. Might be a lot of work to do the same for equipment and lures, though.

Edited by alohastone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1