Rodrigoskybox

Automatic system repair

Maybe something wrong but keep an eye on it until you get the answer m8. Did read other thread yesterday i think reddwarf10 and carpman had confermations from devs repair is at 70% insead of 90%. Hopefully you just not wear gear down enough yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This has been happening to me off and on even before the update. I haven't tried it since, but what I did before the update when it didn't pop up was fly to Texas and just leave right when the map screen pops up. For whatever reason traveling to Texas and back would always trigger the auto repair screen for me.

I'll try to confirm in the next day or so as I'm not sure what percentage my rods are at right now.  

• Like 2

Last night the repair screen popped up on it's own when I left Michigan with a rod at 65%, so maybe it's working as it should, but I can see the potential for disaster by repairing at 70% instead of 90. I had left Michigan after 15-20 days and decided to go skip through the 30 days in the Czech Republic to get the free lure and break up the monotony of grinding xp to level up.

I had done this with some of the US venues before without any worry about repairs, but when I left the Czech Republic, both my vest and my keepnet were dangerously close to zero because they weren't repaired when I left Michigan and my bill for repairing just those two items (for reference) was $32K. If I had been fishing instead of skipping and stayed for another 8-10 days, I probably would have lost both of them and would have to repurchase, then scramble around home storage trying to restock whatever tackle was in my vest.

It looks like for making long trips we're going to have to keep a closer eye on the gear on your person before traveling..... tackle box, keepnet, vest, kayak, etc., since the only way to check for damage on that stuff is to check it in your inventory.

• Thanks 2

Well at least, for the time being anyway, the inventory issue seems to be resolved, which in return will allow one to unequip, repair and re-equip without having to take a day off work to do so lol.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, J.Mitchell WV said:

Well at least, for the time being anyway, the inventory issue seems to be resolved, which in return will allow one to unequip, repair and re-equip without having to take a day off work to do so lol.

Yes aleluia the menu is good and quick. Kdog when i do the 30 days i just keep the box with me, like this the repair is not too big

40 minutes ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

Yes aleluia the menu is good and quick. Kdog when i do the 30 days i just keep the box with me, like this the repair is not too big

37 minutes ago, Del_Udy said:

I made it a point long ago to unequip all rods and reels after each trip and repair so the change doen't affect me.

Sorry for the confusion, my main concern is for trips like when I go to Germany and fish the whole 30 days (and probably more with the size of that place) and not noticing before I travel that some of my gear is only at 72% and all of a sudden on day 32 I get a pop up that says something like "Your tackle box just broke", or your keepnet. I never paid much attention to the status of these items before, nor did I have to, but now I will.