Dennis_FP

Making your own chum

We wanted all anglers to be able to create their own effective feeder mixes, and so we added a simple and more advanced way of making your own chum.

Simple chum making:

D5dLV4KBWq4VleV5569j1-gnxIrkTCKxMwPngIPP

This method will work great for anglers who aren’t too sure about their fishing priorities and have no clear preference as to the fish they want to catch. In that case, all you need to do is purchase a basic groundbait mix from the game store and add some water to it. In just a few moments, you’ll get some effective, ready-to-use chum. Here’s a step by step on what you need to do:

1. Buy a pack of basic groundbait mix

2. Go to the desired waterways

3. Drag the groundbait mix to the chum slot on your assembled feeder tackle (or simply double click on the pack to put in in its place)

4. Mix

All done!

Advanced chum making.

This method is designed for anglers who like to experiment and make the most out of all chum components to have more effective results. This means, you can mix and add different components in the desired proportions:

1.  Buy all the components you want

cMbeG2VdNE0e8NhJeon4VndTKHXZKbhsWlXl0vNq

2. Go to the waterways of your choice

3. Open the chum mixing menu

K2zNhoNEVg2vzsWiQFG_zClKRcNjm4WYJI6oFbSn

4. Select the desired proportions for all of the ingredients

AH16MPxaqCs_NdmK4UeJr0aRuLt04TZBw81co6GM

You can even save your recipe if you like. To do that, you simply have to enter a name for it. In the future, you’ll be able to get that same mix, as long as you have all of the ingredients in your inventory.

_LRmfNMI0u0UXTaV4BdjmW0lH82GzXwSznyxR2hL4dlCsEweNMYSK2wKszQpoYpmidkHOYLRLV79jwx4

5. Mix

6. Get your own unique chum, put it into the chum slot, and go catch some of the biggest fish out there!

Be careful when selecting the proportions for your chum ingredients. Use such concentrated components like liquid attractants with care: just because the possible proportion for an attractant is 10%, using the maximum amount won’t necessarily make it more effective!

Unbalanced chum mixes might actually distract fish from biting. Make sure to carefully read the description of your chum mix components to get a clear idea of what you want to mix and in what proportions.

Keep in mind:  the right chum, when used in the right places and conditions will not only increase your fish bites, but will attract more diverse and rare fish to the feeding spot! Experiment and explore!

Tight lines and happy feeder fishing!

yes all sounds great lol but i cannot mix particle or aroma into a chum at less than 10% it wont let me the sliding scale goes from 0 to 10 in one click there is no 12345678910 its 1 then 10 on PS4

Edited by RedDwarf10

4 hours ago, RedDwarf10 said:

yes all sounds great lol but i cannot mix particle or aroma into a chum at less than 10% it wont let me the sliding scale goes from 0 to 10 in one click there is no 12345678910 its 1 then 10 on PS4

u need to wait for 1 or 2sec keyboard window pop out the same as-as you chat in the lobby

8 hours ago, sabiScs said:

I can't save the recipes! save window not pop out!

It lets me save but then it wont let me remake when i click the saved recip. Is this what problem your having aswell? 

This problem is touching everyone in ps4 fishing planet community. Save and renamed recipe ok but do it again with saved recipe is imposible right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sabiScs said:

u need to wait for 1 or 2sec keyboard window pop out the same as-as you chat in the lobby

yes the keyboard always there it pops up every time but i cannot type the amount into keyboard window. it does not work and the scale still the same i  can only put 10z in my mix its that or none at all the sliding scale doesnt work UPDATE all my fault the chums i was making were not big enough so the amount of particle and aroma i was putting in could only reach 10z lol DOH !!!!!!

Edited by RedDwarf10

I find this all very confusing. Mixing your chum is only possible at the lake. But saving / renaming your recipe is only possible from your home inventory. Then again, like the other guys already mentioned, re-mixing your chum from a saved recipe is not possible - even though I got enough of all the ingredients in my inventory. It only seems to work if you're using the same pack of your mixture. If that is used up, and you buy a new one, you have to remove the old pack from your recipe and add the new one.

Also, I always have to prepare the recipes by grams. But the percentage seems to be the crucial part, doesn't it? Why not prepare and save your recipes by the percentages of the stuff you're adding, and then just enter the amount of grams you want to mix?

Also, sharing your recipes with your friends would be a nice feature. Just like the buoys and rod setups. 

Last but not least, there's very little info about working combinations. I was looking forward to trying out different combinations, and finding out the right recipe. But so far I've tried lots of combinations and percentages with different bases, particles and aromas. I even bought the baitcoin-ingredients, carefully read the descriptions, and combined everything accordingly (Carp base, carp particles, and eventually carp aroma, all on a sunny day with warm water and in the best timezones). Somehow, I still have more success fishing without any chum.

If the chum is meant to attract more and bigger fish, and the spots are not as important as they used to be (which I'm all in favor of), I wonder why I'm standing at the lake with 50kgs of fish and only 2 trophies after a full day of fishing (spending 3 days grinding for XP, 30ish baitcoins for feeder mixtures, and a couple of hundred thousand cash on equipment 😄). This is all not very rewarding.. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the devs or one of you nice people in the community can give me a hint in the right direction? Have some of you found any working combinations for catching big carp in Germany, that you're willing to share? It doesn't need to be your ultimate uni-recipe.. just a small hint in the right direction to ease my frustration 😄

Thanks in advance, and tight lines to all of you 😊

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alohastone said:

I find this all very confusing. Mixing your chum is only possible at the lake. But saving / renaming your recipe is only possible from your home inventory. Then again, like the other guys already mentioned, re-mixing your chum from a saved recipe is not possible - even though I got enough of all the ingredients in my inventory. It only seems to work if you're using the same pack of your mixture. If that is used up, and you buy a new one, you have to remove the old pack from your recipe and add the new one.

Also, I always have to prepare the recipes by grams. But the percentage seems to be the crucial part, doesn't it? Why not prepare and save your recipes by the percentages of the stuff you're adding, and then just enter the amount of grams you want to mix?

Also, sharing your recipes with your friends would be a nice feature. Just like the buoys and rod setups. 

Last but not least, there's very little info about working combinations. I was looking forward to trying out different combinations, and finding out the right recipe. But so far I've tried lots of combinations and percentages with different bases, particles and aromas. I even bought the baitcoin-ingredients, carefully read the descriptions, and combined everything accordingly (Carp base, carp particles, and eventually carp aroma, all on a sunny day with warm water and in the best timezones). Somehow, I still have more success fishing without any chum.

If the chum is meant to attract more and bigger fish, and the spots are not as important as they used to be (which I'm all in favor of), I wonder why I'm standing at the lake with 50kgs of fish and only 2 trophies after a full day of fishing (spending 3 days grinding for XP, 30ish baitcoins for feeder mixtures, and a couple of hundred thousand cash on equipment 😄). This is all not very rewarding.. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the devs or one of you nice people in the community can give me a hint in the right direction? Have some of you found any working combinations for catching big carp in Germany, that you're willing to share? It doesn't need to be your ultimate uni-recipe.. just a small hint in the right direction to ease my frustration 😄

Thanks in advance, and tight lines to all of you 😊

i am not having this problem i am filling my net at sander and that includes lots of small fish i use 2 feeder setups and 1 bottom setup the trick with the feeder is to hit exact same spot every time you cast so the line clip is very good for that on the bottom rod im using mole larvae and picking up mostly common and trophy carp on it 

4 hours ago, kylerobz said:

It lets me save but then it wont let me remake when i click the saved recip. Is this what problem your having aswell? 

i can't even saving

13 minutes ago, sabiScs said:

i can't even saving

It alows me to save but then i carnt make it back up so pointless at the min, all the save is good for is showing what was used to mix last time

I found you could mix from saved recipes IF your amount of ingredients is sufficient. I had to adjust to smaller batch sizes. Don't use more than half of an ingredient and expect to mix another batch

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sabiScs said:

i can't even saving

The controls are confusing..

In order to save your recipe, you have to SELECT where it says "Empty Recipe" with your left stick, and then click X. See attached screenshot. Then you can give it a name, and save it for later use.

3 hours ago, RedDwarf10 said:

the trick with the feeder is to hit exact same spot every time you cast so the line clip is very good for that on the bottom rod im using mole larvae and picking up mostly common and trophy carp on it 

Thanks mate. I was already casting to the exact same spot, and using the line clip (love that feature BTW!) + buoys in order to hit the same spot every time. Maybe I was using the wrong chum, or the time of day was just not right. Seems to me that there are looong down-times for the carp. I've been having pretty good results in cloudy weather today, and been able to catch a lot of trophys. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the morning hours and evening are best for carp. They just don't bite around midday and afternoon - no matter the bait or chum. There's just nothing happening. Let me know if you get different results ;)

save-recipe.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, alohastone said:

The controls are confusing..

In order to save your recipe, you have to SELECT where it says "Empty Recipe" with your left stick, and then click X. See attached screenshot. Then you can give it a name, and save it for later use.

Thanks mate. I was already casting to the exact same spot, and using the line clip (love that feature BTW!) + buoys in order to hit the same spot every time. Maybe I was using the wrong chum, or the time of day was just not right. Seems to me that there are looong down-times for the carp. I've been having pretty good results in cloudy weather today, and been able to catch a lot of trophys. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the morning hours and evening are best for carp. They just don't bite around midday and afternoon - no matter the bait or chum. There's just nothing happening. Let me know if you get different results ;)

save-recipe.jpg

Will you explain 'line clipping'? Thanks.

37 minutes ago, iGoshawk said:

Will you explain 'line clipping'? Thanks.

Cast out with bottom/ feeder rod to where you want to be eg: 134ft hold L1 and press R2 stop anymore line escaping reel on cast perfect spot evrytime

• Like 2

well i cast out to desired position then press R1 and L1 together that will set your line clip and you can tell its set by looking bottom right screen where it shows your distance it will be next to that then when its set you can overcast to your position and the line clip stops anymore line coming of the reel so if you set it at 150 even when you overcast it will still hit 150 . im sure kylerobz way works but i think you well find this method much simpler 

• Like 3

It's L1 + R1, but yes 😊

Cast out, reel in to where you want your bait to be, hold L1 and press R1. You'll get an icon on the bottom right corner. E.g. 46/100m. Next time you do a cast, your line will stop at that exact position. That way you can't overthrow, and will hit the same spot more easily. 

Oh and to undo your clip, just press L1 + R1 again.

Edit: sorry for the double-post. Guess we were typing at the same time 😁

Edited by alohastone
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RedDwarf10 said:

well i cast out to desired position then press R1 and L1 together that will set your line clip and you can tell its set by looking bottom right screen where it shows your distance it will be next to that then when its set you can overcast to your position and the line clip stops anymore line coming of the reel so if you set it at 150 even when you overcast it will still hit 150 . im sure kylerobz way works but i think you well find this method much simpler 

Yeh just ment incase he trying to get say 134ft but he casts 150 he can stil reel in to desired distance then clip line (doesnt have to cast spot on 134 before he can clip😉)

3 minutes ago, kylerobz said:

Yeh just ment incase he trying to get say 134ft but he casts 150 he can stil reel in to desired distance then clip line (doesnt have to cast spot on 134 before he can clip😉)

yea of course m8 on the first cast you can cast as far out as you like then reel in to set distance set the line clip once only and then every cast will hit same spot unless you undercast of course but you can way overcast it will still ht 👍

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, BobNudd10 said:

you need to type the number in

Try using the analog instead of the dpad 😉. Or maybe the other way round, 1 of them maxs your mix the other does it 1 bit at a time. Also the same with fishing line aswel

To be honest i didnt notice any difference in fishing with or without chum. The only fishes that sems to react on chum are carps. Other Type of fish im fishing with ground stones.