Thunderbane5079

Whats Happened To This Game?

Ok, so first of all, my hats off to the devs for the euro update, the new content is pretty good esecially bottom fishing and using multiple rods. Thats my opinion of it. However i am shocked with how alaska is now. Saying at best, its horrible. Especially chinook fishing. Why would you take something good and mess it up by adding migration or whatever you wanna call it. Obviously  the trophy and unique rate has been dropped by at least 75% for chinook. Heck i havent caught 1 uni chinook since the update and few trophy ones no matter when or where i fish for them...Its ridiculous!  And putting sturgeon back in michigan is cool and all but why put them right where the bluecats are?  Are they trying to anger people with these changes because if so, i can certainly speak for a few ive talked with, its working..I just wished theyd leave stuff alone that isnt broken, and focus on fixing  the stuff that truly is....

I don't know if it was bad rng, but the 2nd hr of the bowfin comp when I normally get ~10 points, I got no fish, not even a biite all hour. It made me think they've changed the spawn areas of some fish? Also i went from qs 70 fish in 1 by 1 to just 40, has qs with bobber changed too?

7 hours ago, b-a-x-t-a said:

I don't know if it was bad rng, but the 2nd hr of the bowfin comp when I normally get ~10 points, I got no fish, not even a biite all hour. It made me think they've changed the spawn areas of some fish? Also i went from qs 70 fish in 1 by 1 to just 40, has qs with bobber changed too?

Adapt and evolve. Hope that comment don't piss y'all off. Someone scored 70 fish in yesterday's 1 by 1. I had a low score because I have been fishing big and when I went to 1 by 1 (after update) I also struggled for a while, but by end I was feeling the QS better. As for Thunder's comments > Adapt and evolve. Fish migration is a real thing, however, if there are no seasonal differences who the heck knows when the fish migrate besides not finding in usual place. Also, because there are seasons when fish spawn and the males become even more aggressive, maybe even change colors for spawning, how do we seek out spawning grounds if the weather does not reflect when the spawning season is for each fish. I am not sure if the devs got in over their heads on trying to work fish migration into this. It may be that fish migration may only apply to daily migration from deeper waters to shallow and back again because of water temps. But, really after all of this > 

Simply

*ADAPT AND EVOLVE*

:icon_5:

Edited by iGoshawk
  • Like 5

Heres the thing, i had evolved and got pretty good at catching dececnt fish, and now it seems everywhere im fishing im catching garbage fish. To me if it isnt trophy or unique its garbage. Im a stat driven kind of player, and my stats look like sh#t bad enough already without them making things worse. I buy premium packages, dlc's, which by the way they do claim are suppose to give an edge  whatever little bit that may be, and still nothing gets better, only worse. This game makes a good game player look like a loser and i am no loser. So do i have the right to be angry? D#mn right i do. Im not a rageful player but this game here makes me wanna smash my console and controller. Why do i keep playing i ask myself. It seems i must be a glutton for punishment. Im thinking about getting pro fish simulator and trying it out.

Hey, I got to this point aswell, was always mad and shouting at TV !! I quit, played some other games for a few months, then came back and I'm much more chilled now and really enjoying Fishing Planet again. I think we all get burntout after a while of playing the same game day after day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunderbane5079 said:

Heres the thing, i had evolved and got pretty good at catching dececnt fish, and now it seems everywhere im fishing im catching garbage fish. To me if it isnt trophy or unique its garbage. Im a stat driven kind of player, and my stats look like sh#t bad enough already without them making things worse. I buy premium packages, dlc's, which by the way they do claim are suppose to give an edge  whatever little bit that may be, and still nothing gets better, only worse. This game makes a good game player look like a loser and i am no loser. So do i have the right to be angry? D#mn right i do. Im not a rageful player but this game here makes me wanna smash my console and controller. Why do i keep playing i ask myself. It seems i must be a glutton for punishment. Im thinking about getting pro fish simulator and trying it out.

Premium and dlc give no better outcome other than gear early and more cash and xp. Definatly wont help you get better fish of better results in comps

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thunderbane5079 said:

The thing with dl packs i think and others can correct me if im wrong is the fact the rods and reels give less wear and tear and that is the only diffrence i can see when using them also they look a little diffrence and some might get a few yards more on a cast than their counterparts in the FP shop . the xseries is meant to give you a slighly better chance to catch a fish at least thats what it says on the description also they can be used in any weather but the jury is out on weather they catch you more fish or not 

2 hours ago, RedDwarf10 said:

The thing with dl packs i think and others can correct me if im wrong is the fact the rods and reels give less wear and tear and that is the only diffrence i can see when using them also they look a little diffrence and some might get a few yards more on a cast than their counterparts in the FP shop . the xseries is meant to give you a slighly better chance to catch a fish at least thats what it says on the description also they can be used in any weather but the jury is out on weather they catch you more fish or not 

X-series bullet spinner 4/0 is a beast. 

• Like 2

Yeahi use the x bullet and x nymphs and the results are the same, no fish worth messing with. Lately when i catch a fish and i know its not any good, i just loosen my drag completely  and let the fish run until it frees itself. And the thing with getting burnt out on a game is that 99% of the time if i stop playing a game because of that i will never play it again. I really wish i could reset my account and start over. But not only would i lose my dlc's, things would probably just still keep getting worse. So that isnt an option. And now its not just alaska, it seems everywhere is getting crappier.

So ive been fishing 3 gam days in michigan, at night for bluecats. Of those 3 days i caught no uni's and only 1 of the 3 nights i caught 2 trophies, the other 2 nights only 1 trophy each. A few minutes ago i noticed something, i started noticing it on night 2 so i did night 3 just to confirm it. My weather patterns arent matching up. On game screen it has clear night with 44 degree air temp and 41 for water with high pressure. On menu screen it shows cloudy,55degrees and water temp 48 with low pressure. Also wind speeds are different as well as direction. If this is true that means im never fishing peaks, as a matter of fact it would make it impossible to ever know a correct peak time would it not? Im going back to try a 4th night now, and see if it happens again. Before i go though i wonder, would it be possible for say, that if someone voiced their  oppinion on the game in the game a little too freely that it could maybe anger devs and by doing so cause gaming issues for that person? LoL , idk its just a thought.

1 hour ago, Thunderbane5079 said:

So ive been fishing 3 gam days in Michigan, at night for blue cats. Of those 3 days i caught no uni's and only 1 of the 3 nights i caught 2 trophies, the other 2 nights only 1 trophy each. A few minutes ago i noticed something, i started noticing it on night 2 so i did night 3 just to confirm it. My weather patterns aren't matching up. On game screen it has clear night with 44 degree air temp and 41 for water with high pressure. On menu screen it shows cloudy,55degrees and water temp 48 with low pressure. Also wind speeds are different as well as direction. If this is true that means im never fishing peaks, as a matter of fact it would make it impossible to ever know a correct peak time would it not? Im going back to try a 4th night now, and see if it happens again. Before i go though i wonder, would it be possible for say, that if someone voiced their  opinion on the game in the game a little too freely that it could maybe anger devs and by doing so cause gaming issues for that person? LoL , idk its just a thought.

This actually happened to me last night in Cali, 1st time trying for Sturgeon there (I haven't played in months & months) & had someone in game trying to help me I was ment to be fishing in peak after changing my time to peak the weather decided it would change on me and I was once again in off peak :/ had to skip to the next day and try again but has been working now.

Weather does change like louisiana sunny turns to partcloudy etc., so when it says cloudy night im guessing your seeing cresent moon right? Your still on cloudy night just part of the night is different then you go to same time next night and is cloudy as should be? Then check the day leading up to the night and the day following all effect the night chart, then theres all the other things to take into account. Iv been back to mich a few times now and can still easy get 2 uni an hour. And same for most of the other fish. Sturgeon in cali dont need more than 1 rod still and can get full 440lb net in 15-20 mins all weather night. I saw you there slothness unfortunatly busy at home to talk or give advice, you saw everybody was baggin up fast on sturgeon no issues. Now alaska, chinooks where (as long as you switched lures if you missed a strike) would be a constant 1 for 1 trophy and uni in the right timezones, now they give common like most other fish ingame during the best hours but still can get 2 unis in an hour only now just swiching lure doesnt work, you have to move aswell now. The dollys, painfully boring now topwater but move closer change the angle and of corse switch to the other rocks stil constant unis. Havent fished the coho yet but from what a freind told me there the same as the chinooks now. So far havent been fishing much the new lakes and when i have iv been fishing alot of strange places and different gear on and off peaks but havent had problem erning money or finding trophy/uni fish. And as for the xseries bullet and nymth, well if your not catching good on them there is something teribly wrong.

Forgot to mention also multiple unis can be take at the same time if using more than 1 rod, if you have a uni on 1 rod and the others go the likelyhood is the others will also be unis if fishing the same species

Edited by kylerobz
  • Like 1

i'm pretty sure what Thunder is saying is not that the day(night) changed, but on his main fishing screen it says one type of day(night), hit esc and go to the map tab and it shows a different day(night). i have had that from time to time for years. i have never been able to figure out which to go by, or which is working. usually i just try to change days as quick as i can so they both say the same type of day or night.

i have also had days change to a different type in the middle of the day. that's normal and happens irl. but your main screen and your map screen should always show the same type of day or night .... even if it has changed. NEVER different type of day depending on where you look!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CallMePoPs said:

i'm pretty sure what Thunder is saying is not that the day(night) changed, but on his main fishing screen it says one type of day(night), hit esc and go to the map tab and it shows a different day(night). i have had that from time to time for years. i have never been able to figure out which to go by, or which is working. usually i just try to change days as quick as i can so they both say the same type of day or night.

i have also had days change to a different type in the middle of the day. that's normal and happens irl. but your main screen and your map screen should always show the same type of day or night .... even if it has changed. NEVER different type of day depending on where you look!

True in what you say sometimes it doesnt add up. But i dont think this is the case since all night weather good for blues, and thunder was refering to night where also free skip time if he starts at 9 it doesnt then cost to skip to 11 does it? And being free to skip night if your baggin up on cats does it matter about paying for an extra day stay when 1-2 fish pay it within 5 min. Just my opinion 

I went back and did a night 4 in mich and finally caught an uni, but just 1. And i know how the weather changes like you say but when i hit a peak, it completely changes peak times. And this happens during daytime as well, just not as often. How do you catch 2 unis in an hour? I barely get 1 in a whole real life day. Why not look at my profile, at my fish stat totals, and compare it to others with similar total fish to uni totals. Theres no comparison . My totals are horrible. Even when i enter comps, an example would be catfish trial in louisiana, everyone catches at least 2 to 3 unis and alot of trophies. Ive done that comp a bunch and only twice have i ever caught 1 uni, and never more than 5 trophies per 45 minute comp. Thats just an example. And i fish the same places everyone else does as the weather calls for. I think back and wonder bout my internet which is a wifi hotspot . But i know that something is not right. I just dont know for sure what.

8 hours ago, Thunderbane5079 said:

I went back and did a night 4 in mich and finally caught an uni, but just 1. And i know how the weather changes like you say but when i hit a peak, it completely changes peak times. And this happens during daytime as well, just not as often. How do you catch 2 unis in an hour? I barely get 1 in a whole real life day. Why not look at my profile, at my fish stat totals, and compare it to others with similar total fish to uni totals. Theres no comparison . My totals are horrible. Even when i enter comps, an example would be catfish trial in louisiana, everyone catches at least 2 to 3 unis and alot of trophies. Ive done that comp a bunch and only twice have i ever caught 1 uni, and never more than 5 trophies per 45 minute comp. Thats just an example. And i fish the same places everyone else does as the weather calls for. I think back and wonder bout my internet which is a wifi hotspot . But i know that something is not right. I just dont know for sure what.

Add me on psn and i will send you some screen shots and explain how to acheive multiple unis. The trick is switching and knowing when and where. For instance catfish trial i start 5/0 lrg cut 97" , 1 blue from 1 hole 1blue from hole 2 then fish flathead till uni then change to frog 6/0 95" get nxt uni then change back to 1st setup and try for 3rd uni. If it reaches 6:04 and 2nd uni doesnt come i know i missed him then i switch to minow until 6:14 usualy get the 2nd uni but then can be hard for 3rd so if it doesnt drop shortly after 7:00 i know iv missed and will only have 2. San jaq extravaganza part cloudy simmilar stripers but only 3rd uni i can get when not fishing comp, but again i start say 5/0 lrg cut 54" get 1st uni then switch spinning take 2 steels/chins then back to stripers for 2nd uni but most time that drops 7:02 if not or later for me on comp so could say not 2in same hour, but as i said only in comp that happens to me. P.s dont ask me for advice 2nd half of extravaganza still sloppy there hopefully should help now with bottom rods i hope. Blues in mich i usualy get 1st uni in 1-3 casts at 3 markers before i leave the dock then focus on the outer markers when on the floating dock(many markers id be willing to share) get uni then switch as explained in cat trial and focus on the inner marker around floating dock, nxt uni back to outer markers switching bait hook and depth. Hope this helps, and id be more than happy to help ingame. I may not be as skilled as most in the game but i have put hours in to find out how to maximize unis as unis are what i enjoy to fish more than comps or any other aspect of this game. 

Edit: forgot to mention in cat trial every uni once switched bait hook depth hit the blue hole once more each then sit on flat spot for next uni

Edited by kylerobz

Ok, i sent the request to you kylerobz. Ive taken note of the info you,ve given me and definitely  am gonna put it to use. I appreciate  it greatly and i hope it helps me. I need all the help i can get. In all honesty i really do like fishing planet, once i get thru my often felt frustration  i get from it.  Lol,  apart from that and the struggles i have with it, its a pretty good game...And again, thanks for the advice.....

• Like 1

Il be on properly around the barble comp time so il add you then and send some info over if your on when i am il join you where ever you want to fish and share any markers you may need. Exept russa stil got a few lvls to go 1st 😊

And if you or anybody else wants to know how to fill nets in 15-20 with sturgeon in Cali with only 1 bottom rod, check my youtube channel KYLEROBZ1. I cant take all the credit though as my daughter did the catching, i just cast out for her.

Ok,will do. Appreciate  it.  Ive come up with a temporary fix for my trophy and uni problem. Ive resorted to float fishing for now and i bought a bunch of hooks. Everytime i catch a fish that i know isnt troph or better i cut the line.  Lol, theres more than one way to skin a cat. And doing that keeps me from getting credited with no good fish. Hooks arent costly and i have plenty of currency so when im stat grinding thats the way im gonna do for now. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunderbane5079 said:

Ok,will do. Appreciate  it.  Ive come up with a temporary fix for my trophy and uni problem. Ive resorted to float fishing for now and i bought a bunch of hooks. Everytime i catch a fish that i know isnt troph or better i cut the line.  Lol, theres more than one way to skin a cat. And doing that keeps me from getting credited with no good fish. Hooks arent costly and i have plenty of currency so when im stat grinding thats the way im gonna do for now. Lol

Iv sent you some screen shots over on ps4, should be enough to get you started and get a feel for what i was saying about switching. Give me a shout if you need anything else il be on l8er all being well

On 2/11/2019 at 6:07 AM, Thunderbane5079 said:

So ive been fishing 3 gam days in michigan, at night for bluecats. Of those 3 days i caught no uni's and only 1 of the 3 nights i caught 2 trophies, the other 2 nights only 1 trophy each. A few minutes ago i noticed something, i started noticing it on night 2 so i did night 3 just to confirm it. My weather patterns arent matching up. On game screen it has clear night with 44 degree air temp and 41 for water with high pressure. On menu screen it shows cloudy,55degrees and water temp 48 with low pressure. Also wind speeds are different as well as direction. If this is true that means im never fishing peaks, as a matter of fact it would make it impossible to ever know a correct peak time would it not? Im going back to try a 4th night now, and see if it happens again. Before i go though i wonder, would it be possible for say, that if someone voiced their  oppinion on the game in the game a little too freely that it could maybe anger devs and by doing so cause gaming issues for that person? LoL , idk its just a thought.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:42 AM, SlothnessMonster said:

This actually happened to me last night in Cali, 1st time trying for Sturgeon there (I haven't played in months & months) & had someone in game trying to help me I was ment to be fishing in peak after changing my time to peak the weather decided it would change on me and I was once again in off peak :/ had to skip to the next day and try again but has been working now.

Apolagies on the weather, unless part cloudy in italy is a sunny day at 6am my weather has messed up. Fortunatly iv only been there around 6-7 times now so isnt effecting me catching constantly, but i can see your confusion and frustration as a sunny day peak drops at 7am and the partcloudy peak is around that 6-7 am onwards.