Sign in to follow this  
Tarne67

Party of 5 Russia Comp

I was thinking about trying out some of the new comps, did Huuuge Ide, and was looking at the Party of 5 in Russia and have a question. It says Spinning tackle only and am wondering what that all encompasses. I am sure it means lures etc,. but does it also mean sinkers and live bait since it can be used with spinning gear. Anyone know?

I mostly ask because I can not find the pike on lures anywhere consistently.

"Spinning tackle" refers to rod and reel, not lures or bait. Thus, no bottom rods or feeders, even though they use spinning reels.

• Like 4

so i could use frogs and cranks in the contest as long as its on spinning tackle ? feeling pretty dumb atm lol 

Edited by RedDwarf10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iGoshawk said:

"Spinning tackle" refers to rod and reel, not lures or bait. Thus, no bottom rods or feeders, even though they use spinning reels.

Awesome thanks. Now I just have to find where they are. Under the bridge has been best for me so far but still a very low yield. Any suggestions or clues?

22 minutes ago, Tarne67 said:

Awesome thanks. Now I just have to find where they are. Under the bridge has been best for me so far but still a very low yield. Any suggestions or clues?

Kayak dock is a good place to start. They like structures, so look around for something like that by the train bridge. That is what I am willing to share. I put my time in and found 3 uni spots, prob more than that - for sure. Good luck. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedDwarf10 said:

so i could use frogs and cranks in the contest as long as its on spinning tackle ? feeling pretty dumb atm lol 

Yep

47 minutes ago, iGoshawk said:

Kayak dock is a good place to start. They like structures, so look around for something like that by the train bridge. That is what I am willing to share. I put my time in and found 3 uni spots, prob more than that - for sure. Good luck. 

I know the area you are referencing, I have had good luck there with live bait but not with lures. Have tried cranks at various depths and colors, bullet spinners, spinners, topwater, and spoons but seem to only be able to catch 1 or 2 pike, not young pike,  per game hour. Do get a lot asp, zander etc,. so worried about even being able to catch 5 during the comp.  Will have to expand and try some other stuff and variations. Was not expecting any trade secrets and do appreciate what you suggested, I at least know I am in somewhat of the right area, thanks.

Edited by Tarne67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarne67 said:

I know the area you are referencing, I have had good luck there with live bait but not with lures. Have tried cranks at various depths and colors, bullet spinners, spinners, topwater, and spoons but seem to only be able to catch 1 or 2 pike, not young pike,  per game hour. Do get a lot asp, zander etc,. so worried about even being able to catch 5 during the comp.  Will have to expand and try some other stuff and variations. Was not expecting any trade secrets and do appreciate what you suggested, I at least know I am in somewhat of the right area, thanks.

Yellow tiger med-spoon 4/0 - give this one a shot, make sure to try it enough before giving up on it. 

The competition is at time xx: xx, the weather is on the relevant tab. You can be lucky and find yourself at the right day or use your coins to jump. You do not make money, you do not do xp but you are studying a competition. 🙂

• Like 1

I've caught a Uni and several others at the deep spot next to the island (halfway between boat dock and bridge) on Med spoons.  Seemed like they bit more when I let the lure go deep, almost to the bottom.

• Like 1