the fishing planet has been sold to Big Ben?
is it a different game? or just the name changed?
or is all bullshit?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i think bigben just make the vid for fishing planet advertisement i could be wrong lol . dont know about the fisherman part maybe they revamping name and look for next dlc . or maybe its the new xbox version type thing i dont know its a bit confusing to say the least

Edited by RedDwarf10

Lesquin, April 17th 2019: The Fisherman – Fishing Planet is for all nature and sport fishing fans! The premium version of Fishing Planet, which sets the standard for fishing simulators and already boasts 5 million players, combines all the content released to date in one package: the equivalent of more than 30 DLCs as well as features exclusive to this premium version of the game. By moving from a free-to-play model with paid content to a premium model, it guarantees players will be able to enjoy a complete and immersive experience.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/04/17/1805627/0/en/PRESS-RELEASE-BIGBEN-IS-HAPPY-TO-ANNOUNCE-THE-FISHERMAN-FISHING-PLANET.html

Edited by sabiScs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RedDwarf10 said:

wow lol thanks for the info sabiScs 👍👍👍

By moving from a free-to-play model with paid content to a premium model!! so we gonna pay twice for the same DLCs!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If true its been planned for a while. A toppic on steam forum where a mission had been removed was replied to by the devs that it wasnt for the f2p version of the game then when people questioned the reply it got deleted and a new reply taking its place in the topic by a different dev.

Cash grab and run springs to mind 👀👀👀👀

Why would it boast 5 million players and 20+ dlc, for the buyer thats there suresafe garantee there cash can be earnt back especially by releasing to xbox finally all new players to buy game/dlcs

And now it leaves the player to wonder no more on why we never get an answer or a fix, if you was selling your car would you care if it wasnt gona make it through its next MOT???? No you let the next man who buys it wurry about that. To me and probly many other can see the same scenario unfolding.

Maybe the devs would care to enlighten us all on the subject???

Edited by kylerobz

I think the Fisherman will be a package with all the DLCs included among other benefits.  Apparently will be released only on the Xbox and PS4, could not understand very well.  It will not affect us "I hope so" and whoever wants the Premium package buys, who does not want to just continue as is.

Looking at the BIG BEN Website, it seems that they are promoters of games and products "but also like to know" 😅

• Like 1

Maybe in the form of a public anouncement to the comunity like they do every new map, dlc, tournament etc. Rather hear it straight from the horses mouth than second hand news that we know little about

so you think in future you gonna can buy 1or 2 DLCs like now or The Fisherman version from Bigben, and why Bigben didn't release The Fisherman version on steam as well. Bigben is very active on steam too! something smells fishy!

On 4/26/2019 at 10:39 PM, Rotacomando said:

I think the Fisherman will be a package with all the DLCs included among other benefits. 

(...)

Looking at the BIG BEN Website, it seems that they are promoters of games and products "but also like to know" 😅

Exactly. Hold your horses guys 😄 From what I understand, Big Ben is a PUBLISHER. Which means they didn't sell the GAME, they just sold the rights to PUBLISH the game.

With the upcoming release for XBOX, they'll probably be "moving from a free-to-play model with paid content to a premium model", so that the game will not be available as a free download in the XBOX store, but instead as a full-priced game - maybe even as a hard-copy on blue-ray (that's where the publisher comes in), with some (maybe all?) current DLCs included. I guess they'll even put a limited / unlimited premium account on top.

Which would explain why they were focusing on pushing out new content so rapidly in the last months, instead of fixing bugs and focussing on making the game more stable. Maybe that's also the reason why the amateur comps are still in the game, and bugging all of us. With all the new content (euro lakes, carp fishing, feeder fishing, bottom fishing, motor boats, etc.) they now got more than enough content to charge a full-price for the game.

When that lame-ass fishing sim world came out, everybody got hyped about the content they promised to offer, that FP was missing. Blinded by some polished game trailers, a lot of people pre-ordered the game for hard money in excitement, and then got bored and came back to FP after a few weeks. FP now has almost all of this content and more. Don't you think it's fair they charge 30-60 euros for all of that content at once?

Like most of you guys, the money that I put into FP by buying 2 or 3 DLCs and a couple of months premium by now would have been enough to buy it as a full-price game. Which is why I think it's not an unfair move.

Personally, I'd expect the "premium model" to be XBOX only (at first?). Maybe they'll move away from the free model on PS4 and PC, too - maybe not. But if they did, I'm pretty sure they'll want to keep the existing player base (which is what made this move possible in the first place) happy, and let them keep the game as is. Maybe by sending out some license codes, maybe by transferring existing accounts to a full account, maybe by something else.

But I have no fear that all of us will have to pay 60 euros to keep playing FP. That'd be a total dick move, and I don't think the guys are capable of that.

I just hope they got a good deal out of it, so that they can invest the money in a bigger team, get some translators on board, maybe even a community manager that reads and responds to the forums, so that the devs can focus more on the actual game development than on business decisions and marketing the game.

• Like 3

All valid explanations m8, its the lack of information shared to the comunity thats the issue though. This is big news that oviously is leavingpeople clueless to the future of as you say a game most of us have put money and time into playing (the cash iv spent i also would of payed for the game itself hence why i baught some dlc). It would take them 5-10 minutes just to drop a reply just as a heads up " all is ok nobody will lose out the game remains safe". Any reply would be better than no reply. Instead we have to find out via third party. As i said there quik enouth to post a new dlc or a new waterway but nothing on the subject of changing from f2p to premium game, if you see where im coming from

But in the hunter classic when call of wild was released every gun an items i purchassed were lost an my money down the drain.  Devs will we be rewarded for are time money an loyalty ?

@kylerobz Sure brother, I'm with you on that! Communication has never been their number one priority. And I wish they'd handle that differently, too.

I just don't wanna worry about something that's not even out yet. Big Ben probably shat out a press release as soon as the contract was signed - because that's part of their job, and they seem to have PR / marketing people on their team. FP is just a bunch of guys that love fishing and started a simulator..

I can only imagine that they started to notice that they have to worry about lots of other stuff, instead of working on the actual game. If we're lucky, taking Big Ben on board will lead to a better product, and improve the game. Maybe even improve the communication with the player.

I just can not imagine that they are sitting in their office and telling us "thank you for playing, sending bug reports, filling the forums, promoting our game, and buying our DLCs. If you'd like to keep playing, here's the premium version. Now go buy that for 60 euros!"

It was the same with Rocket League. When it first came out, it was free-to-play with in-game transactions (crates & DLCs). Now it costs 20 euros or so. But if you "bought" the game when it came out, you could still keep playing, and keep your DLCs / in-game stuff. I guess it's going to be the same here.

But yeah, a short reply or an official statement would be nice. I'm pretty certain we'll see the latter in a couple of days.

Edited by alohastone
  • Like 1

Think we  all been had they probably sold there rights an now its out of there hands now. I hope im wrong and  other way BigBen Wouldn't of purchesed the rights or whatever if they hadnt had bigger plans? 

Edited by tombomb79

i for one celebrate this new relationship and hope they make everyone pay for a premium edition of the game. one price for everything and maybe some dlcs after the fact as things change. this would be the answer to all the problems concerning multiple accounts as well as clean up all the rifraf that clutter up the game. of course the hope would be we are buying a much better product than currently exists. fp deserves to make some money for their efforts. I sure haven't given them a lot maybe $60 and I know many others who haven't spent a dime on this game. how is that fair to the devs. I feel you get what you pay for and the fact that its a free game with dlcs that are optional doesn't work. put a price tag on the game and only the serious will play meanwhile the abusers and bums that sit on their cans all day with 8 different accounts instead of working for a living wont be too interested in paying money. so by joining big ben fp has fixed that issue as well as hopefully improved the game. well done

just keep in mind Bigben is caring about only selling much as possible!
I have some experience with Bigben they already have one Fishing game and that was not positive!

• Like 1

great as much money ive donated hate to  see it go.  hopefully it wont be positive for all the free players ?

Edited by tombomb79

The current game version will certainly be running and supporting without any changes. These two versions will not have any transfer features. We'll post an announcement with more details closer to the release time.

You reacted to this
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey just joined, wanted to ask if there's any word on whether this premium version can be played offline? So server or PSN issues, np, can still drop a line. And if a blu ray version is also offered, my money is already yours.

If you guys could also fix the often infuriating frame rate hiccups (e.g. proper casting distance is a timing mini game; not very fun if timing is sabotaged, at times every other cast), and the equally frustrating and unrealisticly high rate of snagging "loot", that sometimes requires 50 ft of reeling just to determine if you'll pull free or get a gift, I would be truly appreciative.

Otherwise I love this game, and I want to support the devs for their work. An offline-playable disc copy w/ bug & balancing fixes would imo be well worth the retail price.

Will post more info later, but for now, I will say the game will require constant internet connection. Not because we are too lazy to move the server to the client, but because of the Fish AI in the current game world required a couple of GB of RAM. So it's almost impossible to do it on the client side. 

About bugs and fixes - optimization and fixes - all we do constantly but especially for last month. But all fixes and optimization will be release to f2p version too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Killerwhale said:

Will post more info later, but for now, I will say the game will require constant internet connection. Not because we are too lazy to move the server to the client, but because of the Fish AI in the current game world required a couple of GB of RAM. So it's almost impossible to do it on the client side. 

About bugs and fixes - optimization and fixes - all we do constantly but especially for last month. But all fixes and optimization will be release to f2p version too.

Thank you for the response. A bit disappointing about no offline play, but will wait for more info.

Besides issues involving server snafus, there's also the fact that when servers are ultimately shut down, that's game over; a disc copy becomes a shiny coaster (had & still have the same concern w/ another always-online game I love, The Crew).

And FP is the kind of game I can see myself returning to constantly, like all the free days I can't go fishing irl :)

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, SabiScs said:

Lesquin, April 17th 2019: The Fisherman – Fishing Planet is for all nature and sport fishing fans! The premium version of Fishing Planet, which sets the standard for fishing simulators and already boasts 5 million players, combines all the content released to date in one package: the equivalent of more than 30 DLCs as well as features exclusive to this premium version of the game. By moving from a free-to-play model with paid content to a premium model, it guarantees players will be able to enjoy a complete and immersive experience.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/04/17/1805627/0/en/PRESS-RELEASE-BIGBEN-IS-HAPPY-TO-ANNOUNCE-THE-FISHERMAN-FISHING-PLANET.html

nice i played on ps4 until il sold him,very good simulation of fishing and i will buy this game for sure

On 5/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, SabiScs said:

just keep in mind Bigben is caring about only selling much as possible!
I have some experience with Bigben they already have one Fishing game and that was not positive!

fishing planet is a good game , i think this will be nice 

I wish they would have changed the way comps are. Instead same ol crap. So now anyone who played fishing planet on any platform, bought The Fisherman. The same people who were leading in those comps are now doing the comps in The Fisherman and its the same crap. They could have at least move around the fish in the comps so we all have a fair chance at doing well in comps. Instead same people over and over at the top. It's no fun seeing same thing over and over. So glad i wasted my money. 

• Like 1

In my opinion , what it boils down to is this....If you think this game is going to be a long-term game and get a good chunk of your playing time over the next couple years , then you would just be crazy not to buy the Fisherman. 

Ive played this on PC , beta tested it on PS4 and now playing on xbox , and I have to say , The Fisherman makes me feel "Liberated" !! Its amazing how the money chocking and restrictions across the board became accepted as the norm. After only a few hours of play of the Fisherman I felt FREE !

Other than that as far as the Xbox version goes , I also think the graphics seem a little more polished than the free version. I always thought it looked a little pixilated .

Long story short , it depends on the time you see yourself putting into this game.

Limited , or not much : Fishing Planet 

Massive amounts or binge weekends : Fisherman 

Edited by Warsteiner