PS4 vs Steam / PC

suepollock

Since I seem to find every bug known to man in FP, I had considered trying the PC version. I wanted to see what the overall opinion around here might be? If you have used it, what did you like about it? Less bugs, more bugs (God forbid), maneuverability better or worse? Just thinking about testing the waters. 

Try it out for yourself mate.

Personally, I like to play this game from my couch, with a controller in hand and a beer by my side. Wouldn't really want to sit in front of the PC for FP.

Judging from the steam forums, PC players are experiencing the same issues - especially when it comes to lags and the like. You could maybe skip the inventory bugs by switching to mouse & keyboard, but apart from that, it's pretty much the same I guess.

They do get more frequent updates, though, as the update process seems to be easier on steam. And you don't have to download the whole game with every update. But that's pretty much it. 

I recently started playing on PC - after playing for a long time on PS4;

The PC version has a lot of server issues - every now and again I cannot play and it is very frustrating;

It gets so bad that I just give up and try another day;

Hardly ever have any connection issues on PS4 (When PC is down I play the PS4 account with no problems)

15 minutes ago, suepollock said:

This isn't to get away from the bugs on the PS4. I was simply interested in knowing if it might be worth downloading Steam to play the game and wanted your thoughts. With my health issues, I can't always get in front of the PS4. 

If your PC meets the system requirements, then the PC version might actually grow on you. Check here to see if your PC meets the minimum system requirements level:

System Requirements (scroll down page)

On 5/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, suepollock said:

I can't always get in front of the PS4. 

Have you looked into remote play for PS4?   https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

If you meet the minimum system requirements (scroll down on linked page), you can plug your controller into a usb port on your pc and play on your PS4 over wifi by installing the remote play app on your pc.

I've never tried it myself so I'm not sure how well it works, but it could be another option for you instead of starting the game over with a steam account.

• Like 2

Good hint!

Once you connected and paired your controller via USB, you should be able to use it wireless, too.

Keep in mind though that even with a good LAN / WiFi / internet connection, there is still some lag present in remote play. I've read online that it's too much for fast FPS shooters. I've tried to play FP with remote play, and was not satisfied with the lag. Didn't connect my Mac via cable though, which is recommended. And my internet connection is pretty poor. 

Give it a try. Maybe it works for you. Doesn't cost you anything.