Sign in to follow this  
FrankieD24

Red Arrows

I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and can not figure out the red arrows. I know what they are, you are losing XP because the equipment is overmatched, but how the heck do you know what to use?  I am using a rod with 3-11 lbs line capability, a reel with 8 lbs mono capability and 6lb Fluro line. If I catch a 2.5 lbs largemouth bass I get red arrows. I am fishing for trophy catfish and when I catch a 10 -- 12 lbs catfish it takes 10 minutes to land. It is frustrating that I purchased the Catfish DLC but the gear is way overmatched for catching even 20 lbs catfish. I am level 24 and need XP to level up. What am I missing? Thanks, guys! I love this game!

Just look at your line test,If your using 15kg test on a 6.8 tapoon then thats your reason.if its something else i suggest you contact the devs because it may be a glitch,don't quote me on this im not the smartest and the best at this game :)

You never know what size fishing your are gonna catch , sometimes you get a smaller fish on bigger gear.  Catching fish with no red arrows always take longer to land. That means you have the right setup for the size of the fish caught.

Check the max drag of the reel. I think that has a big impact on the red arrows. If it’s way higher than the weight of the fish, that may be why. I think line and rod power also play a part, but those sounds okay. My guess is your reel has a max drag more than double the weight of the fish.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:30 AM, JohnBoy said:

You never know what size fishing your are gonna catch , sometimes you get a smaller fish on bigger gear.  Catching fish with no red arrows always take longer to land. That means you have the right setup for the size of the fish caught.

That is absolutely true as it depends on the technique to catch a fish. Equipment are also important.