waiora

ghent - no money to be made

My first time going to ghent. I picked up 2 FeederForce reels, and 2 AllRound rods, setup both around 3.8kg and 3.6kg drag, well below the ability of the reels and rods. Got some baits etc.

Im 3 hours into my 2nd day, made about 7000 silver on day 1.

Both my rods and reels are already down to 75%, a 25% loss on a single day. Now you have to pay for baits, travel fee, licenses, repairs etc. How in gods name is a lvl 14 going to make money here?

Looks like leaders cant be re-used, and you cant keep the mixed baits. more money just thrown away for low level players.

This game is becoming a tedious endless micromanagement to the point where they try and irritate players enough to buy stuff. 

Left with my rods and reels down to 50%. Got 10826 money over 2 days. The trip cost 4k, 2 days cost 1400, License was 1500, used 2 active feeder 1100, a bunch of baits, about 1000 worth, leaders and line.

This place is a waste of time, about "2000 profit" excluding line and leaders, for hours of time spent there. and i haven't even repaired large equipment yet. 

Edited by waiora

On 5/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, waiora said:

How in gods name is a lvl 14 going to make money here?

You don't.

Before you travel check these simple things or it will be a costley trip.

Do I have the right gear for this place?

Do I have a big enough Keepnet or Stinger to hold the fish?

Is this a place to advance in levels fast?

Do I have everything in my travelbag I need at this spot. Iff you forget something you can't get into the Home Depot until you leave the palce. Also the Shop at this place has not everything in store. 

I suggest you go to Rocky or Falcon Lake en earn some monye first.Level-up some more and after that use your experience to improve in the game. Also check some useful hints en tips in the forums and on the internet.

18 hours ago, Lima said:

I suggest you go to Rocky or Falcon Lake en earn some monye first.Level-up some more and after that use your experience to improve in the game. Also check some useful hints en tips in the forums and on the internet.

Like! As well you may try earn some fast gold by catching unique redear sunfishes on Neherrin river. Just track the mission. But never forget to check your gear every time. 

The topic is from May 17:th. 
Now I cant be 100% sure, but Im willing to bet my left arm he moved on since this was posted. 👍

This Neherring unique level is doing my head in... I'm tracking the mission, pretty sure I have the match set up correct (Nero 10'10 and crucian hunter reel with blood worms and #1 hook as asked) but it's not ticking it off as completed so cannot move to next task... what am I doing wrong? It's too expensive to travel not have this right. Currently level 16. Thanks

Maybe it's a bug. Try to reload game. In addition during the mission you need to monitor carefully the peaks of bites. And try to change a bait. For example, use crickets instead bloodworms. Leader length is about 1-1.2 m (3-3.5 ft). Distance is about 10-14 m. (30-37 ft). It has to work.