Dennis_FP

Release Note 03.03: Motorboats Update

NZuliD58cc6y2Xg2D7DByq9WEODd1Cih-Qv3QiUG

Hi, anglers!

We are excited to present you our new update! Here you can find detailed information about what are waiting for you. Explore and be ready for new adventures!

1. Motorboats

Now you can enjoy three new types of motorboats that have unique speed, durability and vary in other params and features.

Metal flat bottomed motorboats.

Slow, cheap, but extremely durable boats. You can rent the basic metal boat. However, the other ones will be equipped with sonars and better engines

ThELXDSg54Pp6Nzyc8GRmpCNmM4s2fOvLEqs1TSC4AkT-yizzUWVvdKJ1-010lK-W31Itv-M3Am81Mug4BA2KQBF0tNgoocAK4ze0kU7OsZp7ez3RiLQUYCt2ZgIP4jnPgQtep3LtWI9Gu9JMsmmxRCCsnSZzXdO

Rubber inflatable motorboats.

These motorboats come with three various sonar options that vary by color themes, speed readings and fish tracking parameters. There are also boats with different engine powers.

EbJcUc_ccur0jH0JUGRBdRK_IBk97UlJdxwsbhFyTvcszlY_M0A48kqA85YLu8QKS4XvDh7OmHtLzPDG3vRqF6JQARbaGibTafZeXiO7ONGQzDFUlI76dSaRhu7sSper9qWavXMNejnpT_6P6H1wydwWY0enhrzi

Bassboats are equipped with the best bassboat edition sonars and can develop the highest speed of all motorboats. Also, some bassboats feature, along with a trolling motor, an additional sonar installed in the front part, so that you could look for fish without having to get behind the steering wheel.

QORcJMtOlnTxmgdTxmQgirxiCfin0O_BDh92KM9lI43oEBWafgvG8ScCtTfL1zOAEX368As9jDNBoCxiYvLg4K1a2q7EKDEp7sgIildUshEmt1UOpbxfC8CI

You can purchase all types of motorboats in the in-game shop and enjoy them on the following waterways:

• Emerald Lake
  • Falcon Lake
  • San Joaquin Delta
  • Saint Croix Lake
  • White Moose Lake
  • Tiber River
  • Sander Baggersee Lake
  • Akhtuba River

A basic edition of metal flat bottomed motorboat is also available for rent at all of these waterways. Please note that only one type of boat (metal boat or kayak) may be rented at a time!

Types of Sonars

As mentioned before all motorboats purchased in the shop may be equipped with different types of sonars that vary by color themes, speed readings and fish tracking parameters.

Basic - shows bottom shape and structure and works on slow speed. Color theme: monochrome.

gwleFASiThSk8CmEiQIFIJ3fCwez0unqR_QOeWv5

Advanced - shows bottom shape and structure as well as fish. Works on slow and middle speed. Color theme: monochrome

iMGzxyTEm1zomFTkla2R6oAvWdPfrVZbc5_cleG9

Pro - shows fish as well as bottom shape and structure in high resolution. Works on slow, middle and high speeds. Color theme: colorful.

0gJnL9eSUdvrYjIn3TZKF3wFMii_9GiZPICWO6np

Also there is a special edition sonar for the bassboat that corresponds to the Pro sonar characteristics but can work on higher speeds.

YOxo27an9Dxch9r7PZ92juamZycjuB-UhwayEqPv

2. Missions

There have been added two new sets of missions: Exploration and Mastering for you to profound your angling skills and fully enjoy professional fishing.

Explore every part of the proposed rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. Combining any fishing equipment and gear available to you, assemble a complete collection of fish species available for fishing and get the title of an explorer of each of the available places!

Use your skills to catch Bass, Pikes, Trouts, Salmons, Catfish, Carps, and other ones that cause envy because of their size and power of opponents, and who often find themselves too tough for most anglers!

Show off your expert angling skills by masterfully comply tasks!

3. New lures added: try fishing with Jerkbaits and three type of Minnows - Deep Runner, Hunched Runner and Triple Runner

4. Changed access levels for Emerald and Rocky Lake. Now small mounting Rocky Lake unlocking on Level 5. Emerald Lake with rental motorboat unlocking on Level 8. Some tackles and lures also change access level.

5. Fish Float biting behavior improved. Various unique portraits of behavior added for different fish species

6. UI improvements

7. Added Traditional Chinese localization

8. Сomplex bugfix

9.New Motorboat Packs will be available later today for PS4 America and tomorrow for PS4 Europe. We'll let you know once they are out.

Stay tuned!

So far so good but 1 thing i must say...... y change the keep and release button around, we have  spent 2 years pressing O and now we press X ffs 😅 can see this being an empty net few weeks its almost second nature now to press O

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kylerobz said:

So far so good but 1 thing i must say...... y change the keep and release button around, we have  spent 2 years pressing O and now we press X ffs 😅 can see this being an empty net few weeks its almost second nature now to press O

We've thinking about this for a long time, worried which players who have a habit to press O will break it, but looks like we need to do it with a next patch

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killerwhale said:

We've thinking about this for a long time, worried which players who have a habit to press O will break it, but looks like we need to do it with a next patch

Well some amusment so far 2 friends have kept eel in flounder comp 😂  

Update also uni asp released in next comp 😂.

Im seriously considering taking my controller apart and removing circle before i suffer the same fait

Edited by kylerobz
  • Haha 1

me being 1 of them 7k it cost me trust me to land first fish since update an eel lol didnt know u had reversed buttons dunno what the thinking behind that 1 was 

49 minutes ago, kylerobz said:

hace 10 horas, kylerobz dijo:

Update also uni asp released in next comp 😂.

Im seriously considering taking my controller apart and removing circle before i suffer the same fait

you can change them in the PS4 settings

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rotacomando said:

you can change them in the PS4 settings

Yeh im guessing you mean swapping the buttons layout round outside of fishing planet. My kids would struggle to play there games if i change it all together. Ripping the button out was a joke 😅 im not going to take drastic measures over it. Thanks for the advice though, as we have to with all change adapting is the only option. A big sign stuck to my tv screen in capitals saying "PRESS X" seems to do the trick 😅

13 hours ago, RedDwarf10 said:

me being 1 of them 7k it cost me trust me to land first fish since update an eel lol didnt know u had reversed buttons dunno what the thinking behind that 1 was 

Azn did the same thing as soon as you left the lobby m8 😅 so far iv been lucky with just half full nets

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

Yesterday on asp comp , i release the small fish kkk , i think it eas enough for 3thr place.. kkkk 

Yeh same comp my friend released his uni 😅, im sure there will be many more moments of instant regret to follow

Well, haven't posted in a coons age lol. Had a chance to fish for maybe an hour yesterday. Bought a Bass Boat and a bunch of jerk baits, (love jerk baits in real life). Went to Michigan, rigged a couple of poles with said jerk baits, and caugh a few trophy Pike & Musky including a Uni Tiger Musky. They seem to like the 1-1/2oz. #6/0 Lime Green w/Black Back & the 1-1/2oz. #6/0 White w/Red Head jerk baits. I caught the Uni Tiger at the Sandy Cape Uni spot on the said Lime Green jerk using a 3 speed twitch about half way off the bottom.

Driving the boat is a little tricky at first. When you throttle up with R2, you can't release R2 to throttle down, you have to use L2. The sonar & graph are a nice addition. And it takes about 3 seconds to drive from the boat launch to Pike Alley lol. 

Didn't have a chance to try any of the new Missions, but I was in chat with Hate_ful, Tmif & Kdog yesterday, and they seemed to be having fun. 

Edited by J.Mitchell WV
  • Like 1

fish float biting behavior improved hmm not tried this but i pray it means the false dings will be thing of the past especially with minnows n shiners also like the new lures very nice indeed but as for the boats for me they just a gimmick i wont use unless needed and i can think of only 1 place and that would be new area mississippi i am talking about the bassboats as they r way to fast for the lakes we have at the moment and trolling is just a no skilled required lazy mans fishing u might as well pull a net behind u i see no excitement in that particular form of fishing also there are still many bugs would rather a patch come out adressing the bug issues before we have anymore dl . and yes i know a lot will love the boats its just my personall opinion thats all each to their own etc 

Edited by RedDwarf10

Personally iv had a quik go of the new missions which i think are a good thing for when it gets abit boring, err hermm am comps 😅. As for the boats i dont think there needed still so havnt bothered to buy, but was wondering why i carnt rent one? Was gona have a play while i was waiting on the last hour of cmon carp to kick in for the uni but instead had to just sit like the rest bored 20 mins. As for the new lures well so far not tryd them but always good to have a wider selection of lures to play about with, havent heard anyone thats been using them though so far. As for bug fixes and better float fishing improvement im yet to see a difference exept the young carp that seem to dive out the water as they leave your bait 😅

On 6/12/2019 at 8:03 AM, J.Mitchell WV said:

Well, haven't posted in a coons age lol. Had a chance to fish for maybe an hour yesterday. Bought a Bass Boat and a bunch of jerk baits, (love jerk baits in real life). Went to Michigan, rigged a couple of poles with said jerk baits, and caugh a few trophy Pike & Musky including a Uni Tiger Musky. They seem to like the 1-1/2oz. #6/0 Lime Green w/Black Back & the 1-1/2oz. #6/0 White w/Red Head jerk baits. I caught the Uni Tiger at the Sandy Cape Uni spot on the said Lime Green jerk using a 3 speed twitch about half way off the bottom.

Driving the boat is a little tricky at first. When you throttle up with R2, you can't release R2 to throttle down, you have to use L2. The sonar & graph are a nice addition. And it takes about 3 seconds to drive from the boat launch to Pike Alley lol. 

Didn't have a chance to try any of the new Missions, but I was in chat with Hate_ful, Tmif & Kdog yesterday, and they seemed to be having fun. 

I'm assuming the trolling feature is why we have two throttle buttons, which is a little awkward at first, but should be easy enough to get used to.

I do like having the missions back and the trophy hunt ones seem to be a little more challenging so far, even on the first tier for some of them. I get the feeling it'll take a while to complete all of them (hopefully).

18 hours ago, SabiScs said:

Wondering why I don't see my lure on the sonar screen!
or I just expecting too much?

From what I can tell, they have the old standard transducer that points straight down, imaging from directly under the boat, not behind it where you're lure is. Even if it was, I would think the lure would almost be too small to be detected by the sonar imo. I'm told they do have ones that will do that irl, but they're ridiculously expensive

2 hours ago, kylerobz said:

As for the boats i dont think there needed still so havnt bothered to buy, but was wondering why i carnt rent one?

Maybe you have to leave your kayak at home in order to rent one, I don't know, just a thought.

I did a little float fishing and one thing I noticed was when you're zoomed in on the float, it doesn't zoom back out anymore when you reel in the slack. I can't try myself for a few more hours, but I'm hoping I can do the same thing when retrieving a popper or walker that's been cast 200 feet out, that would be great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdog013 said:

From what I can tell, they have the old standard transducer that points straight down, imaging from directly under the boat, not behind it where you're lure is. Even if it was, I would think the lure would almost be too small to be detected by the sonar imo. I'm told they do have ones that will do that irl, but they're ridiculously expensive

No side scan sonar here lol. Hard to say were the transducer is mounted, on the bottom of the boat or on stern somewhere. I don't how accurate these are compared to real life, still testing stuff myself, but if you use the rule of thirds, ie. if your scanning in 15' of water, and a fish pops up on your scan, it should be within 5' of your boat. If your scanning 30' of water, then the fish should be within 10' of your boat and so on. Nearly impossible with 2D sonar to tell if the fish is to the left, to the right, in the front, or behind you. The sonar is just telling you that there's a fish somewhere within your scan paramiters. Imo, 2D sonar works best for vertical jigging and bait fishing. I would suggest, once you find a school of fish, throw out a bouy marker. Then back off of that spot around 100' to 150', and fish a 360 degree pattern around said bouy. Just my two cents for whats it's worth lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdog013 said:

I'm assuming the trolling feature is why we have two throttle buttons, which is a little awkward at first, but should be easy enough to get used to.

I do like having the missions back and the trophy hunt ones seem to be a little more challenging so far, even on the first tier for some of them. I get the feeling it'll take a while to complete all of them (hopefully).

Maybe you have to leave your kayak at home in order to rent one, I don't know, just a thought.

I did a little float fishing and one thing I noticed was when you're zoomed in on the float, it doesn't zoom back out anymore when you reel in the slack. I can't try myself for a few more hours, but I'm hoping I can do the same thing when retrieving a popper or walker that's been cast 200 feet out, that would be great!

Yeh kyak was at home it gave me the option to rent the kyaks only no other boats. And yeh its a nice to be able to keep zoomed in when reeling im almost sure it remained zoomed while i was retreiving my lures also. Seems better zoomed out again while reeling a fish in though so you can see the full rod while playing your fish. 

Iv noticed they just sent a new patch out though maybe the renting of the boats is working now after the devs have tweaked a few things??

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, kylerobz said:

y change the keep and release button around, we have  spent 2 years pressing O and now we press X ffs 😅

Apart from everything that's new with this update: why not put the patch notes on the first screen when you push out an update and people start the game for the first time? @Killerwhale

Your already do that with your DLCs (and it might show the same one for 2 months) and the special events.

Why not provide valuable information to the (long-term) player with that feature?

On steam the flow is different, and people can see the update news / blog in steam. But on PS 4 you always have to search for it online.

Why not display it in-game? #justathought

However today I park the Bass boat on the beach and Sonar still show fish. and then I forgot to put down the anchor but I didn't expect the unique 11kg Pike will pull the big 1000kg Bassboat😂:icon_32:

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 4:09 AM, Dennis_FP said:

Hi, anglers!

We are excited to present you our new update! Here you can find detailed information about what are waiting for you. Explore and be ready for new adventures!

1. Motorboats

Now you can enjoy three new types of motorboats that have unique speed, durability and vary in other params and features.

Slow, cheap, but extremely durable boats. You can rent the basic metal boat. However, the other ones will be equipped with sonars and better engines

ThELXDSg54Pp6Nzyc8GRmpCNmM4s2fOvLEqs1TSC 4AkT-yizzUWVvdKJ1-010lK-W31Itv-M3Am81Mug 4BA2KQBF0tNgoocAK4ze0kU7OsZp7ez3RiLQUYCt 2ZgIP4jnPgQtep3LtWI9Gu9JMsmmxRCCsnSZzXdO

These motorboats come with three various sonar options that vary by color themes, speed readings and fish tracking parameters. There are also boats with different engine powers.

EbJcUc_ccur0jH0JUGRBdRK_IBk97UlJdxwsbhFy TvcszlY_M0A48kqA85YLu8QKS4XvDh7OmHtLzPDG 3vRqF6JQARbaGibTafZeXiO7ONGQzDFUlI76dSaR hu7sSper9qWavXMNejnpT_6P6H1wydwWY0enhrzi

Bassboats are equipped with the best bassboat edition sonars and can develop the highest speed of all motorboats. Also, some bassboats feature, along with a trolling motor, an additional sonar installed in the front part, so that you could look for fish without having to get behind the steering wheel.

QORcJMtOlnTxmgdTxmQgirxiCfin0O_BDh92KM9l I43oEBWafgvG8ScCtTfL1zOAEX368As9jDNBoCxi YvLg4K1a2q7EKDEp7sgIildUshEmt1UOpbxfC8CI

You can purchase all types of motorboats in the in-game shop and enjoy them on the following waterways:

• Emerald Lake
  • Falcon Lake
  • San Joaquin Delta
  • Saint Croix Lake
  • White Moose Lake
  • Tiber River
  • Sander Baggersee Lake
  • Akhtuba River

A basic edition of metal flat bottomed motorboat is also available for rent at all of these waterways. Please note that only one type of boat (metal boat or kayak) may be rented at a time!

Types of Sonars

As mentioned before all motorboats purchased in the shop may be equipped with different types of sonars that vary by color themes, speed readings and fish tracking parameters.

Basic - shows bottom shape and structure and works on slow speed. Color theme: monochrome.

Advanced - shows bottom shape and structure as well as fish. Works on slow and middle speed. Color theme: monochrome

Pro - shows fish as well as bottom shape and structure in high resolution. Works on slow, middle and high speeds. Color theme: colorful.

Also there is a special edition sonar for the bassboat that corresponds to the Pro sonar characteristics but can work on higher speeds.

2. Missions

There have been added two new sets of missions: Exploration and Mastering for you to profound your angling skills and fully enjoy professional fishing.

Explore every part of the proposed rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. Combining any fishing equipment and gear available to you, assemble a complete collection of fish species available for fishing and get the title of an explorer of each of the available places!

Use your skills to catch Bass, Pikes, Trouts, Salmons, Catfish, Carps, and other ones that cause envy because of their size and power of opponents, and who often find themselves too tough for most anglers!

3. New lures added: try fishing with Jerkbaits and three type of Minnows - Deep Runner, Hunched Runner and Triple Runner

4. Changed access levels for Emerald and Rocky Lake. Now small mounting Rocky Lake unlocking on Level 5. Emerald Lake with rental motorboat unlocking on Level 8. Some tackles and lures also change access level.

5. Fish Float biting behavior improved. Various unique portraits of behavior added for different fish species

6. UI improvements

8. Сomplex bugfix

9.New Motorboat Packs will be available later today for PS4 America and tomorrow for PS4 Europe. We'll let you know once they are out.

Stay tuned!

On 6/6/2019 at 4:09 AM, Dennis_FP said:

Hi, anglers!

1. Motorboats

ThELXDSg54Pp6Nzyc8GRmpCNmM4s2fOvLEqs1TSC 4AkT-yizzUWVvdKJ1-010lK-W31Itv-M3Am81Mug 4BA2KQBF0tNgoocAK4ze0kU7OsZp7ez3RiLQUYCt 2ZgIP4jnPgQtep3LtWI9Gu9JMsmmxRCCsnSZzXdO

EbJcUc_ccur0jH0JUGRBdRK_IBk97UlJdxwsbhFy TvcszlY_M0A48kqA85YLu8QKS4XvDh7OmHtLzPDG 3vRqF6JQARbaGibTafZeXiO7ONGQzDFUlI76dSaR hu7sSper9qWavXMNejnpT_6P6H1wydwWY0enhrzi

QORcJMtOlnTxmgdTxmQgirxiCfin0O_BDh92KM9l I43oEBWafgvG8ScCtTfL1zOAEX368As9jDNBoCxi YvLg4K1a2q7EKDEp7sgIildUshEmt1UOpbxfC8CI

• Emerald Lake
  • Falcon Lake
  • San Joaquin Delta
  • Saint Croix Lake
  • White Moose Lake
  • Tiber River
  • Sander Baggersee Lake
  • Akhtuba River

Types of Sonars

2. Missions

6. UI improvements

8. Сomplex bugfix

Stay tuned!

I can’t see any boats under the boat section