Dennis_FP

Release Note 03.03: Motorboats Update

Idiotic question here; regarding the sonar, the slow and medium speeds on which they work, is that the boat speed or can you literally access the sonar to change any settings? I'm still learning how to work with this thing and it will show a fish every now and then but trying to catch them is a different ballgame. I think if I could figure out where the transducer is located, that would help tremendously. Also, somehow my husband uses it to find fish; he drops his line in the water and catches a boatload of fish every time. I can't get it to do that for love nor money. 

Perfect, this was excellent and answered a lot of my questions! Seems it wasn't an idiotic question after all as many others had the same questions. 

• Like 2

Well then I will ask a dumb question. I know there has been some debate as to whether fish are swimming around before you cast or spawn when you cast. If it's the latter, isn't the sonar pointless?. Is it predictive? Or show spawn locations?

• Like 3

On 8/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, suepollock said:

Perfect, this was excellent and answered a lot of my questions! Seems it wasn't an idiotic question after all as many others had the same questions. 

Yup, not idiotic at all ;) we're all still trying to figure this out..

On 8/9/2019 at 4:05 AM, Tmif said:

. I know there has been some debate as to whether fish are swimming around before you cast or spawn when you cast. If it's the latter, isn't the sonar pointless?. Is it predictive? Or show spawn locations?

Well I guess nobody but the devs could answer this for sure. But my guess is, that at the old lakes, fish would only spawn after you cast out your lure / bait to kind of the right spot / depth. If the spot is right and the time is right and the bait is right, it would spawn a unique with a X% chance.

And at the new lakes, there must be actual schools of fish swimming around - even before you throw any bait in the water - that you have to find. Otherwise, you're right, the sonars (as well as ground bait etc.) wouldn't make any sense. And it would explain why sometimes whole areas are just completely dry - no matter what you throw in there. You'd still have to know about the spots, but you'd have to try a couple of them to find the one that is active. And I guess you can cover a bigger area / attract the bigger ones by choosing the right ground bait.