Good morning anglers!

I don't think I will ever completely understand Fishing Planet ins and outs. I understand the red arrows pointing left mean that your XP are decreased, however I have no idea of telling how much. But last night I noticed green arrows pointing to the right in the same location after some fish that I caught. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind the green ones? I'm thinking the XP might be increased but how much, or is that even possible to tell?

Thanks in advance for any explanation anyone can offer. 

Sue 

Hi Sue.

Red arrows mean you earned some XP but less than you could have due to heavy gear etc.

Green arrows mean you earned decent XP, but not necessarily more than you could have with different gear.

I have no idea if the XP increase is exponential or not - as in, landing a 20lb fish on 6lb line as opposed to 15lb line awards more XP,  but basically, unless you're grinding/farming you want green.

Choose gear to suit the species, or go heavy to land everything and grind at the expense of XP.

You'd think this would be something they'd make us aware of, but even as an experienced angler, I don't recall anything explaining this to the gamers who don't fish irl.

Yeah, it would be nice to know how the arrows affect us as far as the XP points. Unless I am fishing in a pond / lake known for smaller fish, I usually err on the heavy side. Of course, I tend to go for the heavier fish too. My husband likes to go for anything that's biting regardless of the size, but nothing makes me happier than landing 99 lb alligator gar in Louisiana or a 75 lb blue cat in Michigan or even a 55 lb sturgeon in California. I mean I'll take the smaller fish but I much prefer the larger ones simply due to the fight.

Thanks for the input too!