Dennis_FP

Welcome the 4th of July Event 2019!

wIuVuMG0YyVgdlGJd0HO_ad13Fpm-BzV4Kjx0PKM

Hey anglers! Independence Day is coming, so let’s celebrate the triumph of liberty in all its glory! 
Welcome new exciting event missions  - Independence Treasure Hunt!

Independence Treasure Hunt will be held until July 8th, 6:00 UTC.

Cp94AiP5ZT85uRvvYt6ikiGt4uRzumdKGf7uGWH8

• Restore George Washington’s statue to win a unique jacket and rod!

Jacket_RP_512.png?version=1&modificationSwordCast_doll_512.png?version=1&modificSwordCast_512.png?version=1&modification

• Historic Fish with anchor tags cannot be sold for credits, so you can release it at once. Go on an epic angling adventure try your luck at catching catch 21 different types  truly historic fish that are over 200 years old! All these fish had a special anchor tag clipped onto their fins, marked with the year and President’s George Washington’s signature! So good luck at catching these living pieces of History!         

GrassPike_hist_512.png?version=1&modificnorthern-pike_new_hist_512.png?version=1Walleye_new_hist_512.png?version=1&modifGoldenTrout_hist_512.png?version=1&modif          BlackCrappie_hist_512.png?version=1&modiBrownTroutSpawning_new_hist_512.png?versSnookFish_hist_512.png?version=1&modificWhiteBass_hist_512.png?version=1&modific             Steelhead_new_hist_512.png?version=1&modBull_Trout_new_hist_512.png?version=1&moSpotted_Bass_Tagged_512.png?version=1&moCrappieWhite_Tagged_512.png?version=1&moChain-Pickerel_Tagged_512.png?version=1&CutthroatTrout_Tagged_512.png?version=1&Smallmouth_bass_Tagged_512.png?version=1RainbowTroutRiver_Tagged_512.png?versionLargemouth_Bass_Tagged_512.png?version=1ChinookMale_Tagged_512.png?version=1&modMusky_Tagged_512.png?version=1&modificatStriper_Bass_Tagged_512.png?version=1&moButterflyPeacockBass_Tagged_512.png?vers

• Raise the USA flag on each of the 11 USA waterways daily to win fireworks! Fireworks can be launched only on these 11 waterways.Try your luck to collect them all!
  • Find Cannonballs in snags and fire holiday salutes from the Liberty Cannon to win a unique reel!  

CannonBall_512.png?version=1&modificatioCannonBallReel_512.png?version=1&modific

• Each Liberty Cannon can be fired only once a day! To make the shot, you must have a cannonball in your backpack, that’ll disappear afterwards.
  • Don't miss to challenge yourself with new "4th of July" missions!

Mission-4july_statue.png?version=1&modifMission-4july_maproll.png?version=2&modiMission-4july_cannon.png?version=1&modif

FYI: firing the Liberty Cannon and launching Fireworks - attracts Historic Fish  After firing the Liberty Cannon, you’ll be rewarded with a special holiday edition patriotic lure!

F_t4.png?version=1&modificationDate=1544F_t3.png?version=1&modificationDate=1544F_t2.png?version=1&modificationDate=1544F_t1.png?version=1&modificationDate=1544 

• Like 1

La merde blanche historique se trouve à Mudwater et la merde noir historique à la rivière Neherrin.

The historic white crappy is found at Mudwater and the historic black crappy is found at Neherrin river.

Please buff the event rewards considering you need to be level 40 to get them. The rod and the vest are both useless if you're at the level to get them they look neat but functionally they're really bad and it's kind of a waste of time to even participate in this event. I'm assuming the reel isn't anything to write home about either they need to be a level 40 equivalent or better it's just to much effort for nothing.

• Like 2

Agree only use for either of the rewards is to sell for a few baitcoins . This is common with fishing planet even dlc hats and vests all are useless as they aren't on par with higher level gear.

• Like 5

Garbage event. Costs way too much in baitcoins and the rewards are not at all worth it. I could spend all the baitcoins I have earned over months of play (177 baitcoins) and still not be able to buy all the lures (roughly 17 different lures required to complete), only to get 2 bait coins for completing the lesser stages of missions. Completing the main mission grants 13 baitcoins. Not even half of the cost of a single lure required to complete the first mission... 1 “patriotic walker” lure costs 40 baitcoins. Each historic fish caught grants only experience. No ingame cash or baitcoins. On top of that, the travel costs and fishing licenses required to go to roughly 12 different lakes will be astronomical. Any fun this event could have been was robbed right along the baitcoins, in game cash, and/or real cash this event required in the first place.

Traveling to flags/cannons in hopes of getting some of the lures without bait coins is also a waste of in game currency. “Better luck next time” or a pack of fireworks simply makes it nothing more than an irritant. 

I truly think you guys could have come up with a slightly better method of approaching a special event than an all out cash grab. Was excited to do this event only to be extremely let down.

Happy 4th of July!........

Edited by Loodie
Left out information
  • Like 2

An event like this has forced me to not even want to play your game anymore. Sad display of predation for money. I bet you hoped people didn’t even buy the event bundle and were ignorant enough to buy everything via baitcoins from the premium shop as well. Disgusting.

• Like 2

I really enjoy doing the missions for events its really the only thing that makes me play daily . I dont care about spending $ 7.50 on the bundle but make the rewards worth it . Remember is a free to play game so they have to generate income to continue development of new things and general maintenance . This event could have been better by increasing the drop rate of event lures (Or allow them to be gifted) and earn some cash from event fish . The 0 cash from event fish makes it real hard not to lose money on trips. The bite rates on event fish is really good i hope all events continue that way.

• Like 2

That is the whole point. All of this currency whether real or ingame ends up being wasted as the rewards aren’t even close to worth the investment. Completing missions happens to be fun yes, but not when you have to go broke to do so.

i enjoy this event.  very cool indeed....but i have no idea how to catch the relic chest...somebody give me a clue??   im in north carolina...caught all the historic fish there and found the canoe...now what?  i thew my hook over there but it says catch the relic chest...how?

Edited by NothingMuch

Aim your lure at the inside of the sunken part of the canoe(s), the part which is underwater. You should expect to get a snag straight away, although it might not be the chest.

12 hours ago, Tmif said:

Can you please make it so that ALL event lures stack. Why do the worms stack but not the bull frog popper?

Cause it's a topwater lure. None of them stack in the game.

14 hours ago, NothingMuch said:

btw the bull frog popper is tha shat!  love that thing...and the patriotic walker...nice.   

Agreed there, 2 uni largemouths very fast and a 100lb gar. Lucky for me i was using a heavy rod when i hooked the gar otherwise id of been saying bye bye to the frogpopper 

• Like 2

Have you tried that striped Jerkbait for the Muskies yet? This thing is a beast, too. They bite it like there's nothing better in this world. Loads of fun. Still trying to get and try out the topwaters though.

All in all: there are some pretty awesome lures to get from this event. And while I do understand why you only get 1 wobbler and why they don't stack; the thing I don't understand is why they only give you 1 worm / shad / tube. Don't you think that's a little greedy, my beloved devs?

And, even more frustrating: why do the lures from the dlc take up inventory space? With the shitload of new lures, boilies, carp equipment, feeders, blablabla, we're always struggling with inventory space. Every. Single. Day. It's gotten so bad that you can't even wear your DLC jackets, simply because you can't store the stuff you don't need for your trip in your home storage anymore!

Some of my friends have bought the DLC and we're presented by a "home storage is overcrowded" message. That's like a big trollface saying "thank you for your money! Now go buy some inventory space!"

Get real guys. Give us some room to breathe. Maybe 5 inventory slots with every rank-up or something. I'm sure you can figure sth out. Thanks!

• Like 2

Not always, especially with event lures for some reason. Halloween i had cats and normal gar on for over 30 mins real time even on the land a few times and they wouldnt escape, same goes for many other fish. I use mainly just my thora for almost any fish exept for gar, uni chinook, uni lake trout, uni muski spots, oh and the last uni pc day bass challenge purely just to get him in before the timer runs out but the big species tend to stay on regardless and either attempt to spool you or just waste time dragging them in. Oh yeh also tested with carp in the uk, will let you drop a rod onto stand with a common or trophy on without tension yet put a uni down correctly 9/10 escape either when rod goes down or more anoyingly once the rod is picked up.

Alohastone i havent got the jigbait so far but definatly some of these event lure dispite me not being into the american stars and stripes on most of them they do seem to be very effective with many good fish

• Like 2

all sounds good so will buy the lures from the pack on Tuesday thanks for info I would not of got them otherwise , but if they work good outside of the celebration fish it sounds a no brainer as I have not done the celebration quests

• Like 1

I have to agree that the cost of the event is not worth what you can get for doing it. And I see the point about making money to keep the game going, but when ever there is some kind of event, the way it is presented to us makes it look like a all out money grab. With that being said, I do like different missions to help keep people interested. I think the deal with the cannon and cannonballs is a waste of time, when I shoot the cannon all I get is No Reward or Better Luck Next Time! What a waste of time. At times I wish the game would be like other games I purchase. I buy the game and I can play it without being nickeled and dimed to death. Something else that would be great is if the Devs would give us about a 2 week notice about events like this. It seems like I only find out about this stuff a few days after it is going. It always makes me wonder if I will have enough time to do the event because I have already lost 2 to 3 days because I did not know it was happening. Ok, sorry for the rant, I will stop now.

• Like 1