Can't Set The Hook with Lures & Rod Sensitivity

nickaroo88

Hey,

I did see another similar thread on this but it didn't really give me a good answer.

So I've only been playing a couple of days and firstly, I'm finding it extremely difficult to set the hook using lures. I feel the bite and I press L2 to set the hook pretty much instantly and about 90% of the time there's no hook-up. Is this just the way the game works or am I doing something wrong?

Secondly, what's with the poor rod sensitivity? There's almost no difference between 50 - 100. It's impossible to fish lift & drop with jigs because of this, or again, am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially the trouble setting the hook, it's really affecting my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks!

Do lift and drop with L2 button, not with the right analog stick ;)

Also when setting the hook you need to hold down L2 and start reeling in, only tapping it shortly will not work. No probs for me setting with lurs!

Turn off vibration and go for the visual indicators... Vibration does not seem to work too well atm!

Hope I could help!

Cheers

Edited by EvilSam666

Just now, EvilSam666 said:

Do lift and drop with L2 button, not with the right analog stick ;)

Also when setting the hook you need to hold down L2 and start reeling in, only tapping it shortly will not work. No probs for me setting with lurs!

Hope I could help!

Cheers

Thanks. I tried L&D with L2 and I wasn't getting the right action on the lure, I got it once or twice by pressing L2 and snapping the rod back with the stick in unison. Just finding it impossible to be consistent.

I'm also keeping L2 held down setting the hook... I actually just found a post where someone said not to strike when you feel the controller vibrate but when you see a good bit of tension on the tension meter. So I'll give that a try, but yeah I'll also go back to trying to perfect my lift & drop! 

Thanks mate!

For LND have reel speed on 1, press L2 until the rod is all the way up and as soon as you let go of L2 hold R2 for about 2 spins. Then let go of R2 and start from the begining pressing L2 all the way up and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on :D 

You should quite easily get a 3 dot LND!

In higher levels you may have to vary your reel speed, but at the begining speed 1 is just fine! Also lighter weight lurs are easier to LND than heavier ;)

Good luck!