Jump to content
suepollock

Trouble with missions

Recommended Posts

I wanted to ask if anyone else is having trouble with their missions? I am trying to finish each one as I am at the particular lake. Last evening, it took five tries to get the game to recognize the mission and give me credit for a unique redear sunfish. In fact, I caught four uniques before the game ever recognized the fifth one and I received credit. I am still at Neharin today and now it will not recognize the trophy bass that I am catching on the particular braid and bass jig. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance! and before this suggestion is made, I will tell you that I stopped and exited and restarted the game at least four times last night and I am doing the same today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed all mission without any issues. The specific one you are attempting to complete requires the .005 (4 lb) braid line and a casting rod/reel. If you are using any braid heavier than .005 (4 lb) or a spinning rig, it will not count. I also assume you are tracking that particular mission at the time of the catch but I don't think that really matters. Now, if you have reviewed every requirement and you are sure you have met each one, then FP support is your only remaining option.

mission.thumb.png.ca96f510c7179da687aefebd3f15ca64.png

i50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input. I checked and did have everything correct and thank goodness, it finally acknowledged my fish last night. One good thing about it, I added at least five uniques to my fish base - LOL. And I agree, customer support was my next step if it hadn't worked. 

Edited by suepollock
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on missions too.  I can't seem to find where Chain Pickerel are. I've been fishing all over at different times at Quanckin Lake. Any advice out there?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Top right hand corner of the picture or) 1/3 Oz 3/0 jighead and 4" inch Shad (the Bony Shad is a Halloween event lure, if you don't have that one try swamp green, but any colour will work at the right (peak) time).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to ask, but don't want to start another thread as this addresses mission.  Trying to catch the golden trout in colorado.  Any advice on which spinner and technique i should be using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juiced2010 said:

Hate to ask, but don't want to start another thread as this addresses mission.  Trying to catch the golden trout in colorado.  Any advice on which spinner and technique i should be using?

Short video - See the 2nd fish caught:

Equip a Bison 1/3 oz 1/0 lure. Cast out to the marker shown in the video. Use Stop n' Go on Speed 1 to retrieve.

Note: Here are other lures I have used that work too:
1/8 oz 1/0 Spinner Rainbow
1/8 oz 1/0 Spinner Beetle

Cheers,

i50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'm going to have to put it on the backburner as I've done 12 ingame days and the largest I've caught is a 1.02lb but have pulled in enough cutthroat and rainbow to drown the devs in if I find them and pour the fish into their office.  So, frustrated to the point where it seems for some fish, trying to complete a mission is not a challenge and just meant to be frustrating.  Fished all 3 lures you mentioned, as well as the ladybug and a few others and it is 12 ingame days I wish I had back as I've gotten only a handful of goldens during the time, yet caught enough others to give take my experience from a new 43 to halfway to 44, as well as giving me the trout achievement 1-3.  It isn't that I'm not catching fish (I rarely get a dead pull with no fish,) but I see on the room page that barely anyone is catching them even though most are in the same boat I am and trying to catch it.  Done peaks, sunrise and sunset fishing, night fishing, etc... and yet I see a telling the truth more often then I have seen this fish pop up either on my hook or on others...

Going to try again later, going to experiment with poles, reels, and lines seeing if it's the presentation that's preventing a bite due to how limited the programmers seem to be at times where everything has to match up.  But this is one of the worst lakes in game, in my opinion outside of La, and it's one of the reasons why I avoid it when possible.  Going now to Canada to catch the largest trout on the list for now, and I have a feeling it's not even going to be 1/30th the hassle.  Going to keep your answer bookmarked though, and going to use it when I revisit to try to catch the colorado gold again after my frustrations calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Canada, caught both sizes needed in one catch and then filled up keepnet, went back to Rocky and caught the golden on 3rd case.   UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Juiced2010 said:

Went to Canada, caught both sizes needed in one catch and then filled up keepnet, went back to Rocky and caught the golden on 3rd case.   UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I was in St. Croix for 2 days trying to catch Muskie. In the second morning I caught my first unique Muskie. My first unique fish EVER!..LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trick to catching Muskie and Pike at St. Croix is to keep the lure off the bottom. They are a mid depth fish, and fishing the middle water column is your best bet. If you have trouble keeping your lure at said mid depth, try using "lighter" jig heads and lures. Which means you want have to do a 3 speed retrieve to keep it up. It's been my experience in game that pike and musky are lazy, and like a slower lure presentation. 1 or 2 speed stop and go will do the trick. And I might get a scolding from this one lol, with all the trouble with crank bait issues in the past, but they are still quite deadly if fished correctley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J.Mitchell WV said:

The trick to catching Muskie and Pike at St. Croix is to keep the lure off the bottom. They are a mid depth fish, and fishing the middle water column is your best bet. If you have trouble keeping your lure at said mid depth, try using "lighter" jig heads and lures. Which means you want have to do a 3 speed retrieve to keep it up. It's been my experience in game that pike and musky are lazy, and like a slower lure presentation. 1 or 2 speed stop and go will do the trick. And I might get a scolding from this one lol, with all the trouble with crank bait issues in the past, but they are still quite deadly if fished correctley.

I finally figured that out..lol. The second morning I caught my first unique fish and it was a Muskie. It was 50 lbs.  That took care of both the requirements I had left. Thanks for the advise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's a good one.  I'm on Mudwater River it says: Catch the Drum 33.1 lbs. Does that mean I have to catch that much in weight?  If anyone could help please. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you are to catch a small(er) one at mudwater then catch a larger one at the Everglades. To finish the mission you have to catch one over 33.1 lbs (which would also be from the Everglades, I suggest large minnows for that one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

No, you are to catch a small(er) one at mudwater then catch a larger one at the Everglades. To finish the mission you have to catch one over 33.1 lbs (which would also be from the Everglades, I suggest large minnows for that one).

Thanks so much!  I didn't read anything about going to the Everglades to catch the big one. Thanks again!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok....I'm about to give up. I've been 4 days in the Everglades and still haven't caught a 33.1 trophy Drum. I've watched video after video and still no luck. I have to use live bait. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the information you need should be provided in the screenshot, have to use fresh bait(I have caught my PB on large minnows but large cutbait will work too), Salty Delta, standing on the right hand end of the dock, casting to fish activity straight out and slightly to the right next to a weed bed, just off the bottom. Hope this helps. 

20190602215811_1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

Most of the information you need should be provided in the screenshot, have to use fresh bait(I have caught my PB on large minnows but large cutbait will work too), Salty Delta, standing on the right hand end of the dock, casting to fish activity straight out and slightly to the right next to a weed bed, just off the bottom. Hope this helps. 

20190602215811_1.jpg

Thank you so much!  I've been using shrimp, that's what everyone suggested. I'll try what you sent next. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

Most of the information you need should be provided in the screenshot, have to use fresh bait(I have caught my PB on large minnows but large cutbait will work too), Salty Delta, standing on the right hand end of the dock, casting to fish activity straight out and slightly to the right next to a weed bed, just off the bottom. Hope this helps. 

20190602215811_1.jpg

Was your lead set to 90inches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not remember, try 71 in - 180 cm, there is a slightly deeper hole in the area, cast beyond the fish activity and slowly reel in until the bait is no longer touching the bottom.  Try targeting a different area of fish activity if you aren't getting any takes.   

Edited by PH_Carpman99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

I do not remember, try 71 in - 180 cm, there is a slightly deeper hole in the area, cast beyond the fish activity and slowly reel in until the bait is no longer touching the bottom.  Try targeting a different area of fish activity if you aren't getting any takes.   

Thanks again for your help. Day 8 and still nothing. I've caught a trophy 28 pounder but that's the biggest. Also, do you happen to know what the big circle in the water is?  I see them but have no idea.

Thanks Again for all your help!

Edited by Huskerfan66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

×
×
  • Create New...