Hate the New patch/Stronger fish

I agree I have just been to Michigan and having trouble landing 201b cats taking to long to get in a 42 took 20 mins lol so that's my farming spot gone as just takes to long to get them in and losing loads on the other rods because of said time to get them in im all for a good scrap now and then but this is ridiculous . maybe its been done to stop farming money if so I cant play it like it is as I need cash to play 

Edited by BobNudd10
  • Like 1

It's done too much, I agree they can tweak it slightly but it's becoming boring, having a 20lb fish on and it's taking so long to land it I fell asleep twice!!

I don't understand why you would do this when there are so many bugs that still need fixing. 

Off topic, love your avatar Didgelz..

Edited by raffles63
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only thing that I see is missing is 56lb leader for the UL-Chuber heavy caster 10'2" which at max is a 59LB setup current line and reel you can use set it at 57lb setup but you get diminished severely by using the strongest mono leader of 43lbs. This is a 13lb deduction on a setup that cost 86,000 in game cash. Should have done a 46/47lb setup for 69,700 in game cash and saved around 16,000 per set up multiplied by four is 65,000. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, raffles63 said:

It's done too much, I agree they can tweak it slightly but it's becoming boring, having a 20lb fish on and it's taking so long to land it I fell asleep twice!!

I don't understand why you would do this when there are so many bugs that still need fixing. 

Off topic, love your avatar Didgelz..

Hahaha Raffles love your gutts ❤️❤️ 

19 hours ago, BobNudd10 said:

sry don't agree with the( not put it back to how it was) it was fine before you don't see anybody complaining before the balance was fine but now it is not 

Oh well maybe if you get good you might agree. People always complain about it being too easy.

Edited by FU_Didgelz

4 minutes ago, kylerobz said:

All thinking about your selfs being high level players but take a veiw of a low level player, the grind is tough enough on them having to stay at certain waterways and target only certain fish. We all had the option to make it tougher by using lower strengh gear where new players do not

where have we said we are thinking about our selves?

Yes, it may well be harder for newer players and I for one will be doing what i can to help them where I can

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FU_Stewy said:

where have we said we are thinking about our selves?

Yes, it may well be harder for newer players and I for one will be doing what i can to help them where I can

The context in which is spoken, all addressing mainly big hitters like cats gars and sturgeon which i havnt been bothered by the change since catboxer was my go to rod so instead now in comps i will use the other rod (forget the name) the big 1 with the leviathan reel. So what about the players that are going to mistakenly hook into something that takes them for ever if ever to land, not doubting you and others will offer help but what would that be other than "you need to level up,you need better gear,you need to avoid those areas or baits or you need to buy the fisherman" take a step back and look through other peoples eyes and all will be clear

• Like 2

Hm I'm kinda undecided on this. It's a double-edged sword.

On the one hand I'm with @Rotacomando on this: I like a good fight, and I got nothing against a little challenge in the game. A 25kg sturgeon should not just fly out of the water - same goes for a unique catfish, clear muskie, etc. Even with heavy gear those fish should pose a challenge.

I haven't really tried the catfish and muskies yet, but I noticed that the trophy trout in Alberta got stronger, too. Even with the Zeus + Kraken. And I liked that.

On the other hand, it should still be possible to get big fish out of the water with slighty lighter gear, too. I liked targeting the uni Pike and tiger muskie with the Fenix. Just because it was a nice fight, in comparison to the Brutus.

But with the last few patches (and the last one especially, like you guys stated) the fish not only got stronger (which I'm in favor of), but are also impossible to get out of the water if not using top notch gear. There is no tiring effect (anymore?), and it has been like this for a while now. You can get em as close as 20 m if you take your time; but then they run away to 50 m again. Again and again. I've spent 30-60 real-life mins fighting the fish, until I gave up.

This is really frustrating. Feel free to make it hard for the players, but give them a chance. Don't bait people into believing they stand a chance against the fish, and then make them give up after an hour. Either let the fish get tired after a while, and offer players a chance to land them, or just make the line snap at some point in the fight. As a way of telling people "this one's too big. Don't waste your time."

And I agree with @kylerobz, too:

1 hour ago, kylerobz said:

take a veiw of a low level player, the grind is tough enough on them having to stay at certain waterways and target only certain fish. We all had the option to make it tougher by using lower strengh gear where new players do not

A game is supposed to make you feel good when you play it. Offer a challenge, but give people a reasonable chance. And then reward players if they achieve something. As of now, the grind is hard enough as is. They're still kind of left alone when it comes to figuring out how to make a balanced setup, not get bankrupt due to travel fees, and  after all of that, also learn the mechanics. Which should be way more important than keeping an eye on your money.

If the fish get even stronger now, and choosing the right setup becomes even more important than ever before, people might run away before even making it to Michigan.

Sure, an OmniFloat shouldn't pull a big catfish out if the water. But I think the devs overshot their goal. I too think that the balancing is not on point.

To offer some kind of inspiration for landing big fish on lighter gear, though: Even after the last patch, I managed to get a 23+ kg uni carp out of the water in Germany, with a 12 kg setup (Ardix 400, EspiraDoublePunch 5500, Fluoro 0.45 mm) by closing the brake all the way, once I got the fish as close as 20 m. Which was the distance where the fish usually took off again.

Might not work with all setups, as some part of your setup might brake (probably the line?), but it worked for this one. Don't remember it exactly, but I think the Fluoro is a little over the 12kg of the reel, and over the 11.5 kg of the rod. Maybe that caused the line to not break, and the weight of the fish being distributed more to the rod & reel. Must've given the few kg extra power that were needed to get it out of the water.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kylerobz said:

All thinking about your selfs being high level players but take a veiw of a low level player, the grind is tough enough on them having to stay at certain waterways and target only certain fish. We all had the option to make it tougher by using lower strengh gear where new players do not

Go grind on russian fishing 4 then get back to us

Would that be your contribution to helping a low level player? Your words are my point exactly of a selfish veiw since you have what, grinded the game twice over also rf4 so have far greater knowledge of the does and donts where a first time round player does not nor is he trying to grind rf4 . As i said you, i and most of who have replied on this topic are experienced enough to deal with change unfortunatly it seems some dont see fault within the changes 

• Like 2

I use a deepcrawler rod, 33lb rod. It came with the catfish dlc. Its my go to rod for anything big.....however since the update I'm subconsciously choosing this rod always now...just in case.

I re visited Missouri recently just to finish a mission. I cast out with a spinning rod( medium level) nothing fancy, whatever took the lure is still running with it. I couldn't get it to turn around let alone make any sort of ground on it. Im level 37 and think I'm ok with fighting big fish, there has to be something that ends the fight, snapped line....something. I couldn't get it off my line, an hour later, I'm still fighting it. Developers....if your reading this....please add stamina to fish...please. It wont take much time to do, then guys....you have a truly wonderful game. You're nearly there. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, YamYamMan said:

I found this topic because i just fished for cats at Michigan and i thought the game was bugged, i understand maybe tweeking it alittle but really this is way over the top even if you like a challenging fight.

Yeah, I agree that it could use a little more balancing. Because not all species have changed in the same way. I'm not a real fisherman, so I don't know where the differences for different species are. I can only imagine that Pike and muskies have more power, and put up more of a fight than other species.

But while I like the fight with the sturgeons in Cali on the HeavyChaser now - as well as the big trout in Alberta on the Zeus, I think they overdid it a little with the Pike. An 8kg trophy will run away 4, 5, 6 times on a 16kg setup (Brutus 360). I don't think that's fair.

On the other hand, a 9kg unique gar in neherrin will come in smoothly on a 9kg setup (Fenix 450).

I haven't really tried the catfish in MI yet, so I can't say anything about it. But the dollys in Alaska seem to not have changed at all.

I find this quite confusing. You'd think they just put +25% power to everything. But it seems to me they added +50% to everything above 10kgs. Or, maybe, to everything that's worth farming. Just to make the grind even harder? That'd be even more ridiculous..

• Like 1

Ended up putting my keyboard on my left mouse button because I completely lost interest; a trophy clear muskie of 19.6kg landed after almost 5 hours in-game - totally unrealistic; strike at around 10 metres out, spooled back and forth between 30-95 metres all through the fight.

Didn't catch the last hour or so in-game, since the keyboard did it for me.

Taking a break until stuff gets patched back to more "fun-game" conditions (if that will happen with fisherman lurking that is...)

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, HamEinar dijo:

Ended up putting my keyboard on my left mouse button because I completely lost interest; a trophy clear muskie of 19.6kg landed after almost 5 hours in-game - totally unrealistic; strike at around 10 metres out, spooled back and forth between 30-95 metres all through the fight.

Didn't catch the last hour or so in-game, since the keyboard did it for me.

Taking a break until stuff gets patched back to more "fun-game" conditions (if that will happen with fisherman lurking that is...)

5 hours of the game, but what equipment were you using?  Was it a piece of equipment well below the fish's strength, or am I wrong?

hace 43 minutos, HamEinar dijo:

Yes, you are wrong..

Weakest link om my setup was the Mono Leader (0.5) - the rest consisted of a Heavy Chaser 300, Ambusher 9500 with 0.27mm braid. Rod 25.5Kg test, reel and line 24Kg - and leader around 19.5Kg I think. 

use the Ambusher 8500 so you can gain more power from your equipment, with the 9500 you can't use at full power causing your equipment not to use its maximum power capacity.

if you prefer to use the Kraken 9000 and it might be even better.

Even if your equipment is not assembled correctly, it would be able to bring the fish faster.

• Thanks 1