Sign in to follow this  
A past player

Stick your disc up your ring piece

So you can easily fix a bug that doesnt effect anybody but gives them a chance to gain eg: alaska chinooks, cheaper gear in waterway shops, extra xp for a historic muskie and fish that could be reeled in for a lower level player etc, but countless bugs that do effect us are ok yeh? No examples needed im sure. 

Before anybody jumps the gun iv played since it started ps4, best fishing game and perhaps best game in general,dont care about cash or xp and have baught dlcs which i have no regrets about but my issue is the underhanded acts and cash grabs of the developers time after time which if cant be seen for your selfs i can only say your either blind or foolish or both. 

Many will remain to play for now me included mostly due to the fact of the game being more adictive than the sh!te the devs are smoking every time they have a brain fart each tourny update to change/bug something else, 

Anyway moral of the story, dont fix what isnt broke or in the devs case dont fix anything ffs youve broke enough

Oh yeah and as the title is writen stick your disk up your ring piece

• Like 3

I'm on there now ( on there every night actually ). Can't say I've noticed anything different Bob? Have I missed something major? I've been in Russia for the past week or so I'll admit, therefore I may well have missed something that won't become evident until I go elsewhere.

Regarding the original post, from what I can gather the team was picked up by a publisher ( Big Ben ). Publishers make certain demands - like Activision gradually ruining COD year after year with their bright ideas - and the dev teams are beholden to listen and obey.

I'm going with the paid version purely on the basis that a publisher isn't going to want a F2P version out there for very long competing with the P2P product. The servers for the F2P will be given the deep six at some point, no matter what is being said right now.

Anyone remember the infamous crankbait issue? I still can't bring myself to use the damn things anymore. This was not regarded as an issue at the time and persisted for months despite God knows how many complaints. With a publisher at the helm, this would have been a bug of a few days at most. Because broken games don't sell.

I'm expecting the P2P version to have all the known bugs fixed. It'll soon become evident via online search engines if they aren't, which will impact sales a lot. Therefore, I'm just making a supposition that the team are being brought under pressure to tighten everything up prior to the P2P release.

I also don't believe this 'no micro-transactions' guff for one second.

The F2P version is on a countdown though, even if at this moment in time they have no intention of killing the servers. No way is a publisher going to stand for a free version of a game when they could potentially be making more money by shutting it down, DLCs notwithstanding.

• Like 1

Travel to many locations, joining different lobbies in comp freeplay and private. Fish different species different tecniques and different areas and you will witness for yourself. But this isnt about the 1 patch that just makes a fish take a little more time on our level 50 gear or about the tightening up of the game model in advance for the fisherman this is about the tactics of the developers over the long corse of time, midle finger to the old players and a big laugh to the new. As i said quik enough to fix something beneficial but any problematic things get brushed under the carpet. For instance they can put a barrier up that makes your tackle bounce god knows where but dont put barriers up that allow people to be swimming underwater. Defence for this game is a clouded mind, do you allow people to mug you off in real life scenarios, offering people premium even reduced still at a price as you said AAA games cost then a week later find out for the same price you can get the game with no need to pay premium even next year.... yeh m8 you just got mugged off. Each to there own people will buy and in honesty i think they will maybe have more people buy the game than they ever had on f2p base but for me its a no

I think the money to be made on the new game would be through having to buy new lakes rivers etc as that is what they do in others it would be like buying maps on cod etc I will make the switch only if the reviews r good I still have 6 month premium on here . also the new match system being every 45 mins which I am not complaining about its just it is so expensive to fish matches when catching no fish lol or very few in said match it does not give much time to earn the cash if u want to do most of them I just think a reduction in the cost of travel etc for people fishing matches would be nice but highly doubt that will happen lol . and as for the balance well I only really noticed it when I went to Michigan apparently a lot have complained about the pike fighting harder but not tried them ,as for the cats I was using 2 brutus n 2 cat rods it was the brutus that was have trouble getting them in so the balance is gone I cant use them there now . it took two ingame hrs to land 200lb lol I could get 660 in 1 before lol so I was very angry at my only cash spot as I hate cali lol I don't know why , but will up my gear for the cats, if im still having trouble after that then I dunno what im going to do for some fast cash 

Kyle, I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way.

I am hugely pissed off at the fact all of us long-term players don't get our progress transferred over. Loads of us spent a lot of money for nothing it seems.

I think I was trying to put across that it's no longer the small team making the decisions. They're now at the behest of Big Ben, who will crack down on anything that can be done in-game that could be changed so purchases need to be made instead. Hence my comment about the no micro-transactions.

We get 35 DLCs with the P2P version? Whoopee-fecking-doo. There will be more which won't be free, I'm willing to bet £100 on that. It may take a while, but it'll happen.

As will the closure of the F2P servers. Publishers don't give anything away for nothing. They may leave them active for a while, they may even gravitate away from the 'no need to pay a single penny' format at some point while they keep them active. But, eventually, the F2P servers are going down. UNLESS, they focus on the micro-transactions on F2P and give the P2P the stuff for in-game cash or something.

Trust me, I'm not happy either. 2 years of progress suddenly gets shits out the back door as I buy the P2P version and go back to being a level zero. Big Ben are the ones to thank for that, not the FP team.

• Like 1

I hope we can cash out some money for selling all the dlc items .  Devs also most make some sort of medium for players who have supported the f2p version?  So they want us to throw away all the money we invested and in my eyes that money went to the new version an just pony up the dough and move on.  With out nothing in return?  Will comps be just the players with the new version or will it be both the paid an f2p?   For the long term players such as myself I dont want to see all my progression to be lost.  Cause thats what is happening too us.  were just throwing it all away if we buy the new version.  So the free dlc arent enough for are sacrifice and  commitment.  Can anyone else know of this kind of transaction where a f2p game goes premium and if u know of one please explain how that one went?  I see both arguements  i guess im up in the air with this one

Edited by tombomb79