Sergey.B

Regarding PS4 Update 1.05 and gameplay experience.

Dear anglers,

We acknowledge that the Implementation of new content and mechanics affected game physics and we are aware that some players prefer the pre-patch version more.
Good news is that the dev team is already working on improving PS4 gameplay experience and physics. 

There is no E.T.A yet, but we will keep you updated!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

don't know how to react to this..it seems better now,  for me..not every cast you need to have a bite right? the physics is great, and you need a good presentation now to entice the fish, not like just reel in and bam fish on (except the crank not bouncing from the bottom, and can you guys make it bob up and down the tip of the lure when doing presentations not just swiming parallel, but i now see the line weaving left and right more and that's perfect!)

and with bobber..placed 2nd in florida yesterday without missing a strike, the bip sound..superb. dont know what else you can change there.

all i can say is that this upgrade is superb..little kinks here and there but the experience is good. dont want to revert to the old physics and such, just me though.

a poll maybe before implementing the revert to pre patch?

Edited by papubino
typo
  • Like 2

Agree i like the new version better, but also had the same issue with cranks.. 

Other than that there is no need to revert, i would just kike to be able to buy kayaks in the home store for igc, coz im noy spending 800 on the pack where as steam is only 500...

But besides that keep up the good work. 

Happy 🎣 

• Like 1

I have no complaints. Except when I'm wearing my headsets, and using top water poppers, at times when it gets close to the bank, it sounds like a dog "woofing". Kind of startles me a bit. Like I'm getting ready to be attacked from behind or something lol.

15 hours ago, Fishing Planet Support said:

Dear anglers,

We acknowledge that the Implementation of new content and mechanics affected game physics and we are aware that some players prefer the pre-patch version more.
Good news is that the dev team is already working on improving PS4 gameplay experience and physics. 

There is no E.T.A yet, but we will keep you updated!

oh now i know where this is coming from..facebook comments and rants..haven't gone out to maps with kayaks or tried kayaks atm, but i read here that use kayaks and they dont have the same problems..maybe the support teams will suggest to them to reinstall the whole game then if still persist, then you got better understanding where the bugs or problem you need to adress. because not all is having this problem and fine with the update..just my opinion.

cheers

I’m happy with the new update,  I have minor issues with the joy sticks but if I log off and back in it fixes my issues. I love the game and I enjoy playing it. I’m sure you guys will keep improving the game. But yep will have to agree I very happy with game now and with the new update just keep going foward and don’t change back. Thank you for the game and yes please do not revert. 

Edited by Drunkendude

Hey guys,

Just to make things clear, there is no intention to implement any reverts or roll-backs, we are aiming just for adjustments and improvements.

• Like 2

Everything seems better with one exception. The controls on the map screen while attempting to select the area of choice and room type (private, etc). It's beyond aggravating. My wife & I find ourselves increasingly frustrated fighting with the controls there. Before, there may have been three different direction control points, but they made sense & it was easy to get used to. This new way of navigating that screen is unintuitive & just makes me want to turn it off. I select my area of choice on a particular map & then try to select a private room and it changes the area. Works the same the other way around, I select 'private room' & then try to select an area only to end up on the left side looking at the weather, etc before trying to switch back to the right side only to end up accidentally changing the area AND the room type. PLEASE...there HAS to be a solution to that.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2017 at 7:48 AM, Pierre said:

Agree i like the new version better, but also had the same issue with cranks.. 

Other than that there is no need to revert, i would just kike to be able to buy kayaks in the home store for igc, coz im noy spending 800 on the pack where as steam is only 500...

But besides that keep up the good work. 

Happy 🎣 

Agreed. I'd like to try kayaks, but I'm not spending that much money ($30+ on PSN) just to try out something to see if I like it. Doesn't work that way in my house.

I thought we were going to be able to rent them at the locations they're available? Could have sworn that's how it worked on PC.

Edited by The MOSEPH!!

You can rent them at 5 ( I think?) venues.

Agree with the above about the venue map screen being a little hard to navigate now. I find it easier to select my room type first, but it's still a faff.

• Like 1

Yep, it does seem to be easier to select the room type first, but wow...still a real hassle.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier regarding the map screen navigation problems...There's another issue and that's when selecting an area to fish at any location, sometimes TWO will be highlighted instead of one forcing you to have to go back & select a different one, then reselect the one you wanted.

Cranks are broken.  A 1m crank should not dive 15m with just single speed. 

I can’t believe no one is talking about how massively broken weather is now.  Simply forwarding time at all will change the weather immedistely in the UI and alter it on the pond while didplaying old weather while on pond.  It’s completely fubar.  This is honestly my biggest issue as it costs money to keep shuffling time and leaving and returning to a zone.

Fish bite cycles have not changed.  Weather is so broken it’s making people believe they have, lol.

13 minutes ago, ThePedroKid said:

Cranks are broken.  A 1m crank should not dive 15m with just single speed. 

I can’t believe no one is talking about how massively broken weather is now.  Simply forwarding time at all will change the weather immedistely in the UI and alter it on the pond while didplaying old weather while on pond.  It’s completely fubar.  This is honestly my biggest issue as it costs money to keep shuffling time and leaving and returning to a zone.

Fish bite cycles have not changed.  Weather is so broken it’s making people believe they have, lol.

That's strange, the weather is the same as it's always been for me. Nobody has mentioned it in any of the rooms I've been in either.

• Like 1

I say go back to pre patch. Twitching was great before it felt realistic and the line action looked realistic now it feels completely opposite. I was easily getting 3 bar twitching on 2 reel speed witg my setup that was great the night before update but now I can only get 3 bars on 3 reel speed because I have to try so hard to keep it off the bottom now with a 1/ 10oz jig. It's so bad that the same twitch retrieve i do is now struggling to be a lift and drop. I was easily able to look straight ahead and do this retrieve now I have to look at the sun to be able to stay off the bottom. You can also really tell how it completely screwed the line physics for sure because it looks crazy elastic rubberband line when twitching as well so I would much rather go back to old patch because all retrieves were working great then now i'm stuck  doing lift n drop. Just please make twitching great again its my favorite method in real life and the smoothness and realism before patch is why I have fell in love with this game. Thanks for all your hard work and listening to the community as well they dont make em like you guys anymore.

• Like 1

just a quick note on the retrieves the reason it feels like the lure is heavy af and not moving off the bottom is it shows depth alot better now, i can assure you that even if the lure is not coming off the bottom it is. So far all my old retrieves work fine can get 3 on all except new topwaters as im still learning them

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ItsShamee said:

just a quick note on the retrieves the reason it feels like the lure is heavy af and not moving off the bottom is it shows depth alot better now, i can assure you that even if the lure is not coming off the bottom it is. So far all my old retrieves work fine can get 3 on all except new topwaters as im still learning them

^^this

• Like 1

Cranks are definitely broken, havnt been able to catch anything on them after patch. 

Lure are much mire realistic. Keep up the good work. 

Weather problems i have us ill switch the game off at 9am igt cloudy day, and when i switch it back on im at 7pm sunny day, happens to some friends of mine aswell. 

Line definitely looks elastic, even when you cast it bounces out of controll in the air before hitting the water. 

But even with the abovr mentioned, overall the patch is good and it gave new life to the game. 

Happy fishing 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Hegert said:

Please do not write in all caps, thank you.

My appologies @Hegert, however sir, could you guys please fix the crankbaits? Please? I'm not sure if anyone from the support/dev team has seen my post regarding the issues we're having with them. I outlined all of the problems regarding them in my post here, if you could kindly direct them towards it please?

https://forum.fishingplanet.com/index.php?/topic/2047-crankbaits-broken-and-topwater-too-light/

I will say however, everything else about the new patch is wonderful! I'm really enjoying it! I do miss my crankbaits though. :(

The only other complaint I have is that the Scarecrow Hat still shows up like this. :/

https://imgur.com/1Qlyump