MickBridge8950

Crazy Repair Prices on the Fisherman....

I dont know if this is a bug or a balancing issue but the amount of baitcoins u have to use to repair gear (especially the 440lb keepnet) is astronomical the overal durability of the keepnet is 83, after 9hrs of playtime it dropped to 50 and to repair it I had to pay 216 baitcoins, guys that's way too much I'd rather pay the 5k cash u pay on the F2P version. Please either change how u pay for repairs or lower the price of repairs using baitcoins cos that is crazy high

Agree, this is way too unbalanced. Also it seems the DLC items we got in the pre-order pack ALL need to be repaired with lots of baitcoins. So basically in another night or 2 all my DLC items that I paid real money for will be broken , unable to be repaired and useless.

This cannot be the intention , can it ? 

• Like 1

I have no idea I hope not I just worked out that if your durability went all the way down on a 440lb net it would cost 500-600 baitcoins, regardless of level you are that is crazy high and a 3rd of the price of one of the rod packs which are about 1,200 baitcoins. I got the gear threw preorder and it does seem like the wear and tear rate has been upped on those items too.

• Like 1

So you buy the game for 60-70 Euros to get the DLCs for free, and then you have to farm BCs in-game to unlock / buy them, and then you restrain from using the DLC gear and let it rot in your home storage because you can't afford the repair costs..

Great job fishing planet. You guys never seem to amaze me with your perfect balancing 😂

• Like 1

my advice is to use a correct fishnet for each waterway. I do not see any reason using 200kg fishnet in New York. but the choice is yours. however, I need to say the repair cost can be really lower.

10 hours ago, MickBridge8950 said:

I dont know if this is a bug or a balancing issue but the amount of baitcoins u have to use to repair gear (especially the 440lb keepnet) is astronomical the overal durability of the keepnet is 83, after 9hrs of playtime it dropped to 50 and to repair it I had to pay 216 baitcoins, guys that's way too much I'd rather pay the 5k cash u pay on the F2P version. Please either change how u pay for repairs or lower the price of repairs using baitcoins cos that is crazy high

200kg fishnet durability drop -1(repair cost 6 gold coins) only for each in-game fishing day.

3 hours ago, mitderplatte said:

So you buy the game for 60-70 Euros to get the DLCs for free, and then you have to farm BCs in-game to unlock / buy them, and then you restrain from using the DLC gear and let it rot in your home storage because you can't afford the repair costs..

Great job fishing planet. You guys never seem to amaze me with your perfect balancing 😂

The game is €39.99, not "€60-70". And if you pre ordered the game you got the dlc's for free, now theyre €4.99 each. 
Are they expensive to repair? - yes they are. Is it balanced? I cant tell, since I dont know the current payouts for baitcoins in the game, but if it is anything near to how FP was in its early days, there will be no issues earning those baitcoins (as an example a uni pike in michigan payed 30-40 baitcoins). 
What people need to learn, is that there is no reason what so ever to bring such a big net to the low level lakes. 

Edited by J_3
added info

I think this is more of a problem with durability rather than the cost the sport gear wears out at to fast a rate when the whole ideas with sports equipment is that they r more durable than normal equipment 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SabiScs said:

my advice is to use a correct fishnet for each waterway. I do not see any reason using 200kg fishnet in New York. but the choice is yours. however, I need to say the repair cost can be really lower.

If it were just a single item it wouldn't be a huge deal , but the fact is that ALL of the gear that came with the pre-order has to be repaired with baitcoins. Hat , Rods , Rod Case , Lure Box , Boats....ect...ect...ect. And at the inflated price its currently set at most of my gear will break down by next weekend and be useless .

Ok, my advice is: try to repair your gear when it is not worn too much. For example, repair cost of my 200 kg keepnet after approx. 15 game days using in Florida was 36 bc. Given that I can earn 40-50 coins per night (12-18 bc for unique Largemouth), this price is not too high as for me. The same goes for the rest of the equipment.