Pierre

white moose lake

sup guys,

so like many of us, there are a few lakes you haven't really fished a lot, and yet you feel very uneducated when everyone is catching fish and you struggle to get a bite.

i was hoping someone had some info on white mooooose lake for me, i know that spoons , single spoons and bullet spinners work quite well, those are the ones i tried :)

is there any specific colour or distance they prefer.

much appreciated 

2 hours ago, Pierre said:

is there any specific colour or distance they prefer.

I've had really good luck with lemon/Tigers. Either from the dock or the Yak throwing just to the left of the last campfire on the left to the other side. Trophy and Uni Lake Trout. A big one will roll the Yak and get me wet.

• Like 1

the color..i found that they bite with any, i just change it up when more than 3 casts and no bites..the distance brown trouts 30m (right side dock)will do, salmon 40m(mid), lake trout (left)50-45m

• Like 1

Lure type doesn't seem to matter. Shads, grubs, worms, cranks, spoons, spinners - all seem to work for all the bigger species. I've had Lakers, Splake, Salmon, Burbot, Brookies, Pike and Perch on all the above. Whitefish prefer smaller lures, nano spoons work well.

Location doesn't seem to matter too much either. While the majority of Lakers come from the left side of the dock, it's also where the majority of people fish. I've had them from the ice down to the pike tree, same for Salmon. Burbot and Perch definitely hug the shoreline, while Brookies and Splake seem to prefer open water. Whitefish are the exception for me, seeming to be localised up near the ice - I've yet to catch one anywhere else.

Before the kayaks came along I always did fine from the right hand side of the dock aiming at the dead tree closest to the outlet ( not the pike tree ), also the uni Brookie location btw. Everyone had a fascination with the left hand side leaving me in peace.

Left hand side of the dock around the base of the cliff is the best bet for a uni Laker or Splake though to be fair, with the uni Burbot being caught a meter or two from the cliff around 100 feet out. Trophy ( 20lb+ ) Salmon can come from absolutely anywhere.

The uni Whitefish...I'll get back to you when I find it!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, and thanks V. V always very helpfull. 

Will head out again today and see what bites i see mosts uni's coming from sunny days. Havnt had one yet most cloudy and snowy might be my problem. 

Will share some results ones i have some lol. 

Happy fishing all

Well, I only spent two days there some time back, and haven't been since the kayak update. But I'll be more than glad to share what I know.

All the fish listed below were caught using uber sheet designated times for the current weather conditions for the specified species:

43lb. Uni Lake Trout. Left hand side of the dock. Using 30ft #4/0 Lemon Crank casting at 180' close to the left hand shore line.

17lb. Uni Burbot. Left hand side of dock. Using 30ft #4/0 Lemon Crank casting at 180' close to the left hand shore line. But strikes for the Burbot occur at about 100' on in.

16lb. Uni Burbot. Left hand side of dock. Using Large Minnow #5/0 casting "very" close to the left hand shore at 130'.

18lb. Uni Splake. Left hand side of dock. Using 1-1/2" #4/0 Medium Green Tiger Spoon casting close to the left hand shore line at 180'.

7lb.Uni Brook Trout. Right had side of dock. Using 30' #2/0 Perch Crank Bait. Casting as far as I could toward the dead tree closet to the outlet.

Had a fair share of trophies thrown in here and there. All the way to the right, well not all the way, but to the last "park bench" I caught a bunch of pike casting all in this area around the dead fall trees using a 3/4oz. #3/0 Red Devil Spoon and various Crankbaits.

Fishing for the uni Whitefish with fairly light float gear on the drift. Catching a few bits and bobs and the rod hoops over. Cue a near 10 minute fight which towed me right back to the dock.

" I'm using Mayflies, it's the uni, it's gotta be the uni, please be the uni, it has to be the uni, come here you bugger, don't go behind me, come back " and suchlike were going through my head.

Amazing how we go fishing and say we enjoy the fight, yet when we know it's a big fish we want it to come in quietly and behave itself huh?

So after my epic battle and being towed fast enough to waterski behind the kayak I land...a 9lb salmon. On mayflies. That's fishing for ya ;)

For my next trick, a Lake trout on a nano spoon..

• Like 1

Didn't see it mentioned here- Atlantic salmon will take shiners. I haven't been back since Halloween so I'm not sure about depth- I think it was max though. Straight out as you'd cast for them with cranks or whatever.

I sure miss those ghost pike from this lake. That was the most fun I've had in this game.