pike slasher

• Moderators

For the mission to be scored, you have to use float tackle only (match or telescopic). The place you know from video, depth 2-3 ft, hook from #2/0 to 6/0, especially I used X-series 4/0. Sunny or partly cloudy weather, daytime, peak of bites. That's all I remember. Hope it will help.

using a #4 hook moving it everywhere as a last resort situation, smaller line then the vid's (also trying) and nothing... I don't understand it... I appreciate the response but I still don't understand not getting a hit? peak times and night

I'd really appreciate more help since your trying... anyone on your friends list you could ask???

Catching the Pike slasher was no easy task and also took me a number of days. Managed to finally catch it. From the left hand side of the Dock of peace you want to aim for the end of the lily pads area. A float rod must be used. Set the depth to around 100cm (39 inches). Choose a hook between 1/0 - 4/0 (a #4 is to small). I managed to catch it at night 21:44 (9:44pm). I found it easier to target the end of the lily pads by using a boat (they are in the middle of the picture, on the other side of the front of the kayak).    

20191023114924_1.jpg

Edited by PH_Carpman99

• 6 months later...

Yes, from your Inventory screen, select the Missions tab, scroll down until you find the Emerald Frankenbait mission, track the mission. You are required to travel (if not  already there) to Emerald lake, then catch one Redfin, one Grass, one Chain Pickerel and one Northern Pike. These fish are day time feeders and respond well to small spoons (medium and narrowspoons, poppers, walkers and frog lures 1/0 - 3/0), you might need to use a Titanium leader to stop being bitten off (the leader should be the same or slightly less than your fishing line Test). Once you have caught the required fish you can then track the Emerald Pikeslasher Monster mission.  You must use a Telescopic or Match float rod to catch the fish, the Pikeslasher is around 10 kg (22lbs) so using the biggest available Fenix match rod is recommended, a 2/0 - 4/0 hook set at about 100 cm (39 in)deep should work (might need another Titanium leader for this setup as well), look at the previous post of this thread to see areas and times you should target. HTH.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 7:29 AM, GoodChiller said:

Either its only the fish size or perhaps its related to level as well... Shortly after getting to lvl 30 I got my first one bitten of :D

It is not related to level.  It has been happening on  Emerald only the past 2 weeks after their update. It is total BS.  You never needed titanium on that lake before this update.   See my posts about it

I've hooked the damn thing twice now. Both times it runs to about 220 and then I loose tention and says lost or eaten bait. Never loose the hook and I'm still reeling in as fast as it can. Not sure why its happening?!? It even flipped my boat over once.  Didnt know that could happen!

Finally caught the damn thing!! Lol  

Edited by MAJOR_RAGE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I understand you can fish for monster fish using several rods and therefore it is possible to catch more than one of some of the monsters, but you may have to hook them before reeling one in but I am not sure on that last point - I have not done it myself. If you have not caught the white moose lake monster yet maybe give that one a go or one of the others and let us know how you get on.

tight lines

13 hours ago, BabyBoomer_60 said:

I understand you can fish for monster fish using several rods and therefore it is possible to catch more than one of some of the monsters, but you may have to hook them before reeling one in but I am not sure on that last point - I have not done it myself. If you have not caught the white moose lake monster yet maybe give that one a go or one of the others and let us know how you get on.

tight lines

What are you telling is to catch the monster by not using the setup by mission? Because of after completed the mission you cant catch anymore or

Trying to do so after the mission?

Is that correct?