I cannot catch this one... can anyone help..

3 days ingame time... 5'ish real time hr's trying at morning and at night but not even a hit using two bottoms and a float... watched all the youtube vid's...

PLEASE HELP, I'm running out of time

For the mission to be scored, you have to use float tackle only (match or telescopic). The place you know from video, depth 2-3 ft, hook from #2/0 to 6/0, especially I used X-series 4/0. Sunny or partly cloudy weather, daytime, peak of bites. That's all I remember. Hope it will help.

using a #4 hook moving it everywhere as a last resort situation, smaller line then the vid's (also trying) and nothing... I don't understand it... I appreciate the response but I still don't understand not getting a hit? peak times and night

I'd really appreciate more help since your trying... anyone on your friends list you could ask???

Catching the Pike slasher was no easy task and also took me a number of days. Managed to finally catch it. From the left hand side of the Dock of peace you want to aim for the end of the lily pads area. A float rod must be used. Set the depth to around 100cm (39 inches). Choose a hook between 1/0 - 4/0 (a #4 is to small). I managed to catch it at night 21:44 (9:44pm). I found it easier to target the end of the lily pads by using a boat (they are in the middle of the picture, on the other side of the front of the kayak).    

20191023114924_1.jpg

Edited by PH_Carpman99

6 hours ago, GreatGnarledOne said:

I cannot catch this one... can anyone help..

3 days ingame time... 5'ish real time hr's trying at morning and at night but not even a hit using two bottoms and a float... watched all the youtube vid's...

PLEASE HELP, I'm running out of time

No other options (as far as I know), can only be caught using frankenbait (using (spoon) lures fished near the surface will get the pike/pickerel required). 

image.thumb.png.126036f7bc593f68576a420f273bbc5a.png

You need to complete this mission first.

Then you can use the Frankenbait to do this one...

image.thumb.png.7c95e7aa813377fb4e2bf4d877d98cd3.png

Yes, from your Inventory screen, select the Missions tab, scroll down until you find the Emerald Frankenbait mission, track the mission. You are required to travel (if not  already there) to Emerald lake, then catch one Redfin, one Grass, one Chain Pickerel and one Northern Pike. These fish are day time feeders and respond well to small spoons (medium and narrowspoons, poppers, walkers and frog lures 1/0 - 3/0), you might need to use a Titanium leader to stop being bitten off (the leader should be the same or slightly less than your fishing line Test). Once you have caught the required fish you can then track the Emerald Pikeslasher Monster mission.  You must use a Telescopic or Match float rod to catch the fish, the Pikeslasher is around 10 kg (22lbs) so using the biggest available Fenix match rod is recommended, a 2/0 - 4/0 hook set at about 100 cm (39 in)deep should work (might need another Titanium leader for this setup as well), look at the previous post of this thread to see areas and times you should target. HTH.

I'd guess it depends on the size of the fish and the Test (breaking strain) of your fishing line, most likely to occur when tangling with Trophy and Unique sized fish (Titanium leaders at Michigan can be  very handy).

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:29 AM, GoodChiller said:

Either its only the fish size or perhaps its related to level as well... Shortly after getting to lvl 30 I got my first one bitten of :D

It is not related to level.  It has been happening on  Emerald only the past 2 weeks after their update. It is total BS.  You never needed titanium on that lake before this update.   See my posts about it