Jrogan

43lb leaders on a lvl 50 59.5lb bottom rod, really?

Is there any way i can get my money back for the 5 heavy chaser 10'2'' rods I purchased?  the 5th was to repair without rebuilding my setup. least I can swap the reels i purchased over to carp bottom rods /le sigh >.>

I know.. I didnt even think to check which is funny because most of my setups start at the line..  I held out for a while too. the last bottom poles i purchased were the lvl 38 bottom snipers. which needed the 33lb leaders. So I had no idea the leaders stopped at 43lbs... I didnt even think to check the leaders.. I thought surely this is a lvl 50 rod... this should be the BEST setup I ever made seeing this rod is end game... NOPE they gimped it out apparently......  Why do you guys have a lvl 50 non-carp bottom rod with 59.5lb line weight when we can only purchase 43lb mono leaders? if anything u guys need to put in some sort of warning on the description of these gimped out rods...I mean shouldn't the non carp bottom rods have ended around 43lbs?   I can understand if u guys want to go purely carp fishing at the end. I get that okay.. I just dont get this rod. its like creating a jet without a jet engine... a car without tires... a pj sandwich without the pj...

I hope noobs like me can see this before they make the same mistake I did!

33lb leaders will catch the heaviest fish, no need to for anything more. 35lb line will catch a 100lb plus Gar, 69lb carp or clear muskie. As long as your set up is well balanced there's no need to go so heavy.

if you want to take a couple of hours each fish then yea that will work 

2 hours ago, Johnny_Young100 said:

33lb leaders will catch the heaviest fish, no need to for anything more. 35lb line will catch a 100lb plus Gar, 69lb carp or clear muskie. As long as your set up is well balanced there's no need to go so heavy.

I've heard from devs that more powerful new leaders will be inserted in the game soon. When I don't know, so do not even ask me about it. 

6 hours ago, FPdimsam said:

I've heard from devs that more powerful new leaders will be inserted in the game soon. When I don't know, so do not even ask me about it. 

That is excellent news. thank you for this bit of information. I will not ask you when I will just say thank you. I know I can keep the rods and at some point I will be able to use them.

11 hours ago, Johnny_Young100 said:

Oh you are correct with this. im almost certain if I was able to catch white sturgeon in cali with a 33lb leader I believe you.  I never struggle so much catching a fish. Given that was nice xp for 45-50. 

3 hours ago, Johnny_Young100 said:

Must be playing the wrong game sunshine....35lb line works fine.

the leaders go up to 43lb why use a 33 and take double the time to land your fish is what im saying I don't see the point unless u need boatloads of xp and just to ad 35lb on  a float rod with a cat on the end or a muskie does take a long time to get in and given its a cash driven economy people don't want to be struggling on every fish as I found out levelling on the new game after 1 or 2 battles it is not fun anymore so my advice is if u need cash go big get them in faster 

Edited by BobNudd10