Now this event is really...

papubino

now i find you don't have to have a lot of baitcoins, really good gears, and really good luck to this Christmas event.

all you need are really good ingame friends who are willing to help one another and share what they know.

for starters..fireworks! wow..this event really appreciate the devs for giving us the spirit of gift giving ( clap clap clap )..

you can't catch this Christmas species alone! you need friends..and if your friends doesnt have the means to buy fireworks and you do..you must help them to get it ( 10 in total..5 for furry trout and 5 for salmon antler ) then in turn help you :) ..that really is a nice touch!

and to get the kayak you must have a friend who is willing to stay a shore and light up those fireworks and help you catch a big salmon antler and drag across ( wow now i know why the only item you can gift a friend is the fireworks )

again i applaud you guys...the devs! a really good event and really enjoyed doing it though i spent a whole lot of hours completing mine and a lot of bantering and laughs..will do it again tomorrow for my other friends still have 7 fireworks left ( suppose to be 8 but so happy i got the kayak that i light it up lol. happy holidays!

PS_Messages_20171221_203159.jpg

Edited by papubino
typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey Papu... Nice and friendly post! I don't have any fireworks yet but I can spend some coins to buy and help others and help my self to get the kayak! It's Xmas time so! Let's help! 

I'm level 29 but one of the things I like more about this game it's a small but supportive community that is always ready to help with knowledge and fun. 

• Like 1

After the last event, I waited to see if VV and some others gave this event a thumbs up before I bought the DLC. And according to their running thread, it looks like they are having a great time. That persuaded me to support the devs and buy the DLC. Now after reading what you said here Pap I'm really glad I did. For reasons I won't go into here  I have a heck of a time being social in the game due to the way the in-game chat keyboard system works. That said I may not be able to fully participate in this event, but I can do so vicariously here on the forums. Congratulations on that Kayak!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Diggar said:

After the last event, I waited to see if VV and some others gave this event a thumbs up before I bought the DLC. And according to their running thread, it looks like they are having a great time. That persuaded me to support the devs and buy the DLC. Now after reading what you said here Pap I'm really glad I did. For reasons I won't go into here  I have a heck of a time being social in the game due to the way the in-game chat keyboard system works. That said I may not be able to fully participate in this event, but I can do so vicariously here on the forums. Congratulations on that Kayak!

but here is the thing bud..really this event is for all..even if you don't know the guys fishing next to you then incase your lure is on the water and suddenly someone tries their fireworks...booom Christmas fish on! of course after that you will thank them and by earning fireworks yourself it will encourage you to help them.catch one! make friends anew!

p.s. compared to the last event which we really cant blame the devs because night fishing in ps4 wasnt implemented yet..this event i'll give it 10/10..

so much fun and a lot of laughs and made long aquaintances and new friends enjoy fishing again!

Edited by papubino
add
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 7:27 AM, Violentvole said:

Going to have to give my liver a break.

After Christmas ;)

What an event!

I ended up gaining 10-15 friends on FP that I wouldn't have normally!!

Thank you, Devs. You really brought the community together in a way I've never seen a game successfully pull off!!!

Ended up getting all 3 Christmas items and my wife missed the kayak by 9 feet!!! (Only cause she hit the broken tree at corner of spillway and fish came in early)

Again. Many thanks and props to the development team for knocking this one WAY out of the park!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dusty42000 said:

What an event!

I ended up gaining 10-15 friends on FP that I wouldn't have normally!!

Thank you, Devs. You really brought the community together in a way I've never seen a game successfully pull off!!!

Ended up getting all 3 Christmas items and my wife missed the kayak by 9 feet!!! (Only cause she hit the broken tree at corner of spillway and fish came in early)

Again. Many thanks and props to the development team for knocking this one WAY out of the park!!!

I couldn’t agree more!  During this promotion I went from level 30 to 40 and met a lot of awesome players from this great community.  I can’t wait to see what is in store for 2018!!!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:49 AM, papubino said:

now i find you don't have to have a lot of baitcoins, really good gears, and really good luck to this Christmas event.

all you need are really good ingame friends who are willing to help one another and share what they know.

for starters..fireworks! wow..this event really appreciate the devs for giving us the spirit of gift giving ( clap clap clap )..

you can't catch this Christmas species alone! you need friends..and if your friends doesnt have the means to buy fireworks and you do..you must help them to get it ( 10 in total..5 for furry trout and 5 for salmon antler ) then in turn help you :) ..that really is a nice touch!

and to get the kayak you must have a friend who is willing to stay a shore and light up those fireworks and help you catch a big salmon antler and drag across ( wow now i know why the only item you can gift a friend is the fireworks )

again i applaud you guys...the devs! a really good event and really enjoyed doing it though i spent a whole lot of hours completing mine and a lot of bantering and laughs..will do it again tomorrow for my other friends still have 7 fireworks left ( suppose to be 8 but so happy i got the kayak that i light it up lol. happy holidays!

PS_Messages_20171221_203159.jpg

You mentioned 5 Fur trout and 5 Antler? I didn't get an achievement for getting 5 fur trout... it just says I have 5/50... I want to know how to get the hats?

6 minutes ago, SmokinRoses said:

You mentioned 5 Fur trout and 5 Antler? I didn't get an achievement for getting 5 fur trout... it just says I have 5/50... I want to know how to get the hats?

oh i mean..if you get 1 of those specie it will give 5 fireworks each..the hat i think a LOT of those species

sorry for wrong info. gl :)

p.s. you need  a buddy to light the fireworks for you and your lure must be in the water first b4 lighting it up

2 minutes ago, papubino said:

oh i mean..if you get 1 of those specie it will give 5 fireworks each..the hat i think a LOT of those species

sorry for wrong info. gl :)

p.s. you need  a buddy to light the fireworks for you and your lure must be in the water first b4 lighting it up

Okay so we have to catch all 50 then to get the hat?! -_- Lol I'm going to just get the Kayak if that's the case.. 

7 minutes ago, SmokinRoses said:

Okay so we have to catch all 50 then to get the hat?! -_- Lol I'm going to just get the Kayak if that's the case.. 

50 i think just the 12baitcoins hat i don't know :P

gl on getting the kayak :)... remember long pole weak as$ line and gear (eg jigwinner, basscaster)

1 hour ago, papubino said:

50 i think just the 12baitcoins hat i don't know :P

gl on getting the kayak :)... remember long pole weak as$ line and gear (eg jigwinner, basscaster)

Wow! lol alright.. Yeah we got the second tier, now working on the third have to get 1640 in one go... says 181/500 lol doesn't make sense.. Does anyone know how to get this achievement? Also, how large is this lake? It would be really appreciated for some feedback!! ^_^

Edited by SmokinRoses

6 hours ago, papubino said:

500m in 1 go..

no it doesnt

So how far is 500m in this lake? We've been trying to figured this out to get it completed, it shouldn't be this difficult to complete. But would be nice to get more input on this to help us get this. Not trying to be a pain but with a short deadline, got a late start on this event. We'd like to try and at least get the Kayak challenge done.. lol But considering 500M, it's hard trying to control your fish to go when he likes to stay in one spot for 5 minutes, when going so far.

Edited by SmokinRoses

We've noticed that the fish of any weight that will pull for 500 all have one thing in common. They pulse when they pull and like to stay away from the kayak.

It's like pull. Pull. Pull. And constant.

We had people catch it on heavy rigs, light rigs, everything.

Mine was a 16.6lb Antlered, a friend did it on an 11lb Furry, another on a 15.43 Antlered on his 3rd cast.

Just keep trying as there's 2 days left!

21 minutes ago, dusty42000 said:

We've noticed that the fish of any weight that will pull for 500 all have one thing in common. They pulse when they pull and like to stay away from the kayak.

It's like pull. Pull. Pull. And constant.

We had people catch it on heavy rigs, light rigs, everything.

Mine was a 16.6lb Antlered, a friend did it on an 11lb Furry, another on a 15.43 Antlered on his 3rd cast.

Just keep trying as there's 2 days left!

Definitely will try. Running out of Fireworks trying lol. We were just curious how far that is across the lake to get it. Because we definitely know that it don't matter size of the fish that drags you. Just not sure how far 500m's are for this fish drag so we can try and keep em out there to get the achievement. Apparently I have 181/500 lol not sure how that works.. 

38 minutes ago, SmokinRoses said:

So how far is 500m in this lake? We've been trying to figured this out to get it completed, it shouldn't be this difficult to complete. But would be nice to get more input on this to help us get this. Not trying to be a pain but with a short deadline, got a late start on this event. We'd like to try and at least get the Kayak challenge done.. lol But considering 500M, it's hard trying to control your fish to go when he likes to stay in one spot for 5 minutes, when going so far.

play with the drag to keep the kayak moving but loose it when u got too close..point the tip in front of kayak to move forward ( if the fish is either left or right point the tip opposite then play with drag to turn ) if you're certain u got an antlered or even uni furry..ask ur buddy to light up 1 again sometimes they get boost of energy when fireworkd were lit ( of course if you feel u ain't moving )

p.s. it's easier in ps4 party chat..cant type when reeling in fish :P