LucidFX

Michigan Fish Decline

Hey guys

So I'm grinding away and been tona few of the spots or waterways in the last couple of days. 

Is it me or does it seem there are less fish? Was there an update? Lol if I consider a week or 2 ago it was awesome. Now I cast in during a PEAK time as I have always done and then put the controller down while I browse youtube. Never could do that before

Hello,

A new bite system happened about the time they added the tails for spinners.  Might have been around end November.  Yes, if you noticed less Uniques are being caught.  Also have to move around, the window is short.  On the plus side, you get uniques where there not suppose to be.  Also, walleye are at Dusk to dawn in the day.  See Bulkan video on Walleye.  So everyone is scrambling.  Can't sit in one spot the whole day.

I'll share some information and data I've obtained in the last week or so fishing Michigan. Uni Pike & Freshwater Drum can be caught from your boat between the Woods of Eastern Bank & the first boat dock to your left of Sandy Cape. Somewhere about about half way between the two. Use you boat sonar to pin point such. Been catching both Uni Pike & Uni Drum using the x-series #4/0 bass spinner with an attached 4" green shad fishing at all depths. Also been catching Uni Pike using the x-series and trophy frog poppers. I did manage to catch a Uni Pike on one of the new poppers, but they seem to like the frog poppers better. If you go left of the dock at the Dusk to Dawn peg, and position your boat about 200' feet offshore you can catch Uni Drum and Uni Blue Cat. Once again use your sonar to pinpoint their location. I also had a great deal of luck using the aforementioned x-series #4/0 bass spinner with the 4" green shad during the day, and then at night, remove the 4" shad and replace with a glow worm or glow shad. If you venture into the canal at Dusk to Dawn, and go to end of the canal, but not into the lake itselfs there's a drop off about 100' straight out in front of you. Uni Walleye, Uni Smallmouth and Uni Drum can be caught here. Again I've had great success with the bass spinner & shad combo. If you venture out into the lake, turn left and go past the light house to the far left corner, park yourself about 125' offshore. Cast toward the far bank for Uni Walleye & Uni Smallmouth. Uni Browns can be caught at night either from the Fairy Tale Dock or by parking you boat there about using a 23' #4/0 Glow Crank. Trophies will also be quite abundent in all the areas mentioned. There are other places, but that will be for another time lol. I've become quite fond of the bass spinner shad combo, and have not really been fishing with much else. It will catch all sort of species at Michigan. And on a quick note, next time your in Alaska...try the x-series bullet spinner with a white skirt. Caught all the Uni' there on a sunny day in one go using this combo.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, J.Mitchell WV said:

I'll share some information and data I've obtained in the last week or so fishing Michigan. Uni Pike & Freshwater Drum can be caught from your boat between the Woods of Eastern Bank & the first boat dock to your left of Sandy Cape. Somewhere about about half way between the two. Use you boat sonar to pin point such. Been catching both Uni Pike & Uni Drum using the x-series #4/0 bass spinner with an attached 4" green shad fishing at all depths. Also been catching Uni Pike using the x-series and trophy frog poppers. I did manage to catch a Uni Pike on one of the new poppers, but they seem to like the frog poppers better. If you go left of the dock at the Dusk to Dawn peg, and position your boat about 200' feet offshore you can catch Uni Drum and Uni Blue Cat. Once again use your sonar to pinpoint their location. I also had a great deal of luck using the aforementioned x-series #4/0 bass spinner with the 4" green shad during the day, and then at night, remove the 4" shad and replace with a glow worm or glow shad. If you venture into the canal at Dusk to Dawn, and go to end of the canal, but not into the lake itselfs there's a drop off about 100' straight out in front of you. Uni Walleye, Uni Smallmouth and Uni Drum can be caught here. Again I've had great success with the bass spinner & shad combo. If you venture out into the lake, turn left and go past the light house to the far left corner, park yourself about 125' offshore. Cast toward the far bank for Uni Walleye & Uni Smallmouth. Uni Browns can be caught at night either from the Fairy Tale Dock or by parking you boat there about using a 23' #4/0 Glow Crank. Trophies will also be quite abundent in all the areas mentioned. There are other places, but that will be for another time lol. I've become quite fond of the bass spinner shad combo, and have not really been fishing with much else. It will catch all sort of species at Michigan. And on a quick note, next time your in Alaska...try the x-series bullet spinner with a white skirt. Caught all the Uni' there on a sunny day in one go using this combo.

Thanks a to for the info

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, J.Mitchell WV said:

On 2/14/2020 at 11:04 AM, LucidFX said:

Thanks a to for the info

Thanks. That was nice that you shared. Plan to try the spinner/shad combo since I lost my favorite Golem.  Also, plan to fish out front and your other locations.  The pier heads reminds me of the pier heads in Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.  I wish they would have put salmon or steelhead up front.  In real like, that would be where they would stage in the fall. I always felt that it was a waste of a beautiful setting when there is few fish.  Everyone is in the back, fighting the snags and reeds for pike and muskie.

• Like 2