Sign in to follow this  
obi_xyz

Mississippi Fish Species

I will be just a bit honest here because I am just a bit confused... This is NOT MEANT AS A WHINE POST. I just want to know more. 

If anyone who knows this area well can correct me or add their pro opinion I would be grateful.

I am from EU and I am by no means expert or even layman on Mississippi River but I did read a lot about it. Now, I know this is the Delta part.

So, Mississippi rolls out and... it really doesn't have many Fish species to catch. We have few new and rest from the other parts (WHICH IS TOTALLY FINE) but I was wondering, is Mississippi delta that poor in fish species or?

It is just when I think about the Mighty Mississippi I think TONS of different species.

Again, this is just a question for people who know the River and not a whine of any sort.

6 hours ago, Samsonite13376 said:

if your talking about the spawn area that isn't the boat dock. that is a very shallow area. where you can catch bass mostly i belive

Sounds like he is talking about real river, not our in game waterway. No idea why he wants to compare to a game.   Our ingame waterway has plenty of fish, even after the nerf.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, Tonto said:

Sounds like he is talking about real river, not our in game waterway. No idea why he wants to compare to a game.   Our ingame waterway has plenty of fish, even after the nerf.

I simply wanted to know if there is more fish species in the Mississippi delta that are not in the game. I was asking this since Mississippi is massive so I was expecting more fish when lake was announced.

I even said this isn't a whine post. It was just a question. Jesus...

Edited by obi_xyz

These are the fish listed for the river.

https://www.mdwfp.com/media_legacy/media/296612/mdwfp_fish_id.pdf

as far as fish in the delta, it depends how big an area you consider the delta. Any saltwater fish native to that geographic sea region, could enter the delta.  That would include several hundred additional species, and their inclusion for the in-game waterway would not add value.

as someone who has fished the Mississippi for over 50 years the answer to your question is yes there are many more species that aren't in the game. the river is 2481 miles long. so naturally some fish will be found in some places and not in others.it passes through 10 u.s. states fish run from Herring, Skipjack
Muskellunge (Musky, Muskie)
Paddlefish
Pike, Northern
Pumkinseed
Redhorse, River
Shad, Gizzard
Sauger
Sturgeon, Lake
Sturgeon, Shovelnose
Sucker, White
Walleye , and of course huge blue cats, spoonbill cats, flathead cats,bullhead cats and many more species.

hope that answers your question.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 3:39 AM, obi_xyz said:

I will be just a bit honest here because I am just a bit confused... This is NOT MEANT AS A WHINE POST. I just want to know more. 

If anyone who knows this area well can correct me or add their pro opinion I would be grateful.

I am from EU and I am by no means expert or even layman on Mississippi River but I did read a lot about it. Now, I know this is the Delta part.

So, Mississippi rolls out and... it really doesn't have many Fish species to catch. We have few new and rest from the other parts (WHICH IS TOTALLY FINE) but I was wondering, is Mississippi delta that poor in fish species or?

It is just when I think about the Mighty Mississippi I think TONS of different species.

Again, this is just a question for people who know the River and not a whine of any sort.

Actually your point is very valid..I didn't read others post and I apologise if someone already pointed this out..I'm currently from the low country in the south in the usa.any if the fish species are not listed in many of the southern parts of this game and there are quite a few listed and can be fished for that are absolutely not indigenous to those bodies of waters ( real actually waters in these areas) some of the fish posted in everglades mississippi and other southern waters have many northern types which only time you see any of some of the ones that can be fished for in some of the games waters in real life would have to be stocked there meaning they where brought there on purpose..but yes to answer your question the south has so so so so so many different varieties of fish ( mainly pan types ) and not as many predator types ..I would have to say that nothern fish or lakes have alot more predator fish like bass walleye and the likes as to south has many predator fish like LM bass and the occasional gar..in fact to find any body of water that has alligator gar is actually rare since their not as common as ppl think and many places who govern over fishing population will sometimes stock gar in their waters to cut down the population of fast breeding fish or fish that destroy eco systems like carp..( a carp is a gold fish and if you put a gold fish like at pet store it will never stop growing in size) you won't or don't see carp much in the south and if they are in a body of water in the south it means someone either stocked it there or it was put there from someone 200 yrs ago and they branded out..carp do not belong in the south ..they are a northern fish original and if any body of water or river in the south has them they where brought from either nothern like canada area or from Asia a long time ago..but I'm this game you can catch a ton of those nasty tasting trash fish in many of the southern lakes and such lol..ide personally like to see them add more brackish and fresh water types in the southern waters since our varieties are larger than that if the northern types..😊 excellent question though..and regards to stripe bass it's hard to find striped bass in a lake these days means it was stocked there which is more common now .it used to be that you could only find stripes in brackish and salt water to brackish and never in lakes but now ppl stock these super predators into their area because ppl love them and they kill the hell out of baby eel and carp which are absolutely horrible for most eco systems carp is really only good for helping alge spread so that a lake or pond gets equal hydrilla distribution which helps for water not to become clear blue which looks pretty but means theirs no oxygen and after the carp spread life into a body of water they then load up on gar or LM bass or striped bass to cut back on those nasty fish..