Walleyewhisperer

Unlimited Licenses

Hello all, I just wanted to pose a question to get some consensus on you die hards that have fished at all the venues.

If you had to pick 2 locations to purchase an unlimited license where would they be and why? (Real cash not being a factor)

I’m looking at long term value where having that license can help me stash the most cash without having to worry about paying for a new license every 24 real life hours.  I’m already leaning toward Michigan because of the walleyes, but would like to hear what others have to say.  Thanks!

Well, I unlocked Florida permanently. That's all the bait coins I had at the time lol. But it's a money maker. And you go there and fill your keepnet every day regardless of weather etc. Why you ask, cash not being a factor, is because I love Bass fishing.  I'm sure you know Joe, that you can literaly catch LM & PCK on almost every cast. Then if you get bored, you can mix it up with Drum and Snook on light tackle for added adventure. I just like Florida in general.

I once purchased a months license ($192,000.00 I believe), for Michigan. which with premium you can make back in about 4 days of in game fishing. After that it all profit, less travel expences. 

But once I get a few more bait coins, I would suspect Michigan to be my next permanent unlock, followed by probably Alaska. Yes, both money makers, but you have so many species at each venue, and the versatility of gear you can use make both of these veneus very appealing to me. Never a boring moment.

Louisiana has a lot of species and versatility also. But the time table for fishing there, IMO, is not that great. No matter what the weather conditions, it's virtually dead from 11am to 6pm, and the uni windows are very short for some species.

10 hours ago, J.Mitchell WV said:

Well, I unlocked Florida permanently. That's all the bait coins I had at the time lol. But it's a money maker. And you go there and fill your keepnet every day regardless of weather etc. Why you ask, cash not being a factor, is because I love Bass fishing.  I'm sure you know Joe, that you can literaly catch LM & PCK on almost every cast. Then if you get bored, you can mix it up with Drum and Snook on light tackle for added adventure. I just like Florida in general.

I once purchased a months license ($192,000.00 I believe), for Michigan. which with premium you can make back in about 4 days of in game fishing. After that it all profit, less travel expences. 

But once I get a few more bait coins, I would suspect Michigan to be my next permanent unlock, followed by probably Alaska. Yes, both money makers, but you have so many species at each venue, and the versatility of gear you can use make both of these veneus very appealing to me. Never a boring moment.

Louisiana has a lot of species and versatility also. But the time table for fishing there, IMO, is not that great. No matter what the weather conditions, it's virtually dead from 11am to 6pm, and the uni windows are very short for some species.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Michigan.  This one is a no-brainer.

Florida or California are next depending on your preferred fishing.

A couple months ago it would have been Alaska for sure, no question (not just for money but simply for fun factor).  But now... Not a chance.  Alaska has been completely utterly made unfun since the topwater update.  With cranks being a hassle and most certainly not working properly there anymore combined with a clear reduction in size average and other factors, Alaska has went from top destination to hardly ever there instantly.  A quick look at concurrent fisherman at each location will quickly let you know how far Alaska has fallen.  One of the greatest disappointments in the game, tbh.

• Like 2

I have Unlimited Advanced for Texas, Missouri, New York, Colorado, Oregon and just got Michigan.

New York for low levels, Oregon for mid-levels and Michigan for life!!!

Grinding Michigan until $350k, then completing the Spent Cash Challenges in one swoop!

• Like 3

On 1/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, dusty42000 said:

I have Unlimited Advanced for Texas, Missouri, New York, Colorado, Oregon and just got Michigan.

New York for low levels, Oregon for mid-levels and Michigan for life!!!

Grinding Michigan until $350k, then completing the Spent Cash Challenges in one swoop!

I'm making my first trip to New York and trying to decide on the unlimited license. I just made lvl 16.  Or should I wait for FL.?

I think you should wait, the fish are smaller at NY and it takes longer to fill the net but if you have run into money trouble you could be there sooner than FL. (A bit vague I know but if you haven't been to the waterways it's more fun finding things out about them for yourself)    

Personally i wouldn't spend bait coins , horde them till there is something you really want or until you check out all venues. If there is a place you really enjoy go for it. It really isnt that hard to make money as long as you stay at venue a few days. 

The umlimited advanced license are nice but not really needed. 

• Like 1

From the Inventory screen, select the SHOP tab, select the LICENCES tab, (if at the home screen select the required waterway) select the Advanced licence column and select the UNLIM: (amount of baitcoins) option, then select the BUY button. (Suggest always double checking selection before selecting BUY).

No point in buying Basic licences, you can't hire/use a boat, fish at night or keep (most of) the trophy or unique fish you might catch.

• Like 1