Sign in to follow this  
shaysaidso

Topwater Fishing

I am very new to fishing but its always something that i enjoy doing when time allows me to do so. However i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good setup or your fav setup for topwater fishing (rod/reel line & lures) & possibly share why its your go to setup? I live in the Galveston County area, i don't own a boat or have access to one. So i have to fish from the rocks. I have tried bottom fishing and i always end up losing money because my line gets stuck & i have to snap the line and re-setup. Being able to cast further out is also a necessity (im not sure if its all in the technique of the cast or a combination of technique and setup). My apologies for the long post but im just trying to learn as much as i can. Thank you in advance.

Hi shaysaidso, basically many folks use many different "favorite" set-ups.  It depends on the type of fish you are fishing for, what type of lure or bait you want to use, etc.  Something I posted a long time ago may help, then you can decide how you want to fish and with what set-up.  Good luck & tight lines.