Sign in to follow this  
richierob

Trophy Series Lures

What are people's experiences with the trophy series lures? After completing a few missions, I now have the trophy casting spoon, single spoon, bullet spinner and frog popper.

The frog popper was excellent - I caught the unique butterfly peacock bass at Florida with almost my first cast, after trying for days before with no luck.

But the single spoon and bullet spinner don't work for me at all. It's not just that they're no better, they are actually worse. I get hardly any bites on them at all, and when I switch to the standard single spoon the fish start biting again.

Has anyone else found the same thing, or is it just a coincidence or bad luck? It seems pointless to have a trophy series of lures that are less effective than the standard ones.

On average the trophy, X-series lures do work better, however there are often conditions where a specific standard lure will outperform a trophy or x-series lure.

I can recently recall that the Char Charger Tournament was won with the #6/0 Lemon spoon outperforming x-series and trophy counterparts

That is my experience as it stands currently, but keep in mind that lure effectiveness is at the mercy of the developers, and changes are made over time

• Like 1

Is the Char Charger tourny held at Alaska? That would make sense, because I found the trophy single spoon and bullet spinner really bad for catching Chinook at Alaska and Cali. It still doesn't make sense to me. 

5 hours ago, richierob said:

Is the Char Charger tourny held at Alaska? That would make sense, because I found the trophy single spoon and bullet spinner really bad for catching Chinook at Alaska and Cali. It still doesn't make sense to me. 

The final was held in White Moose, Alberta