H4zy

=PS4= Line broke without reason

Hi, I'd need assistance please...

I lost my X-series walker between 13:30 and 13:37pm EST on Maku Maku lake. Line, rod and reel were NOT above maximum tension and the line was below 200ft with a maximum of 275 ft or so. It just broke without notice, looked like a bug. I'd very much appreciate if it could be replaced.

I'll gladly provide the account information and everything else needed by e-mail.

I wouldn't be bothering you guys with this if I could obtain it again but since it's my all time favorite lure, a one time thing, here I am. Thank you in advance!

You are not the first to lose an x-series lure, and I have yet to see one replaced by FP, but you can email support nevertheless. It is irrelevant whether it was caused by a bug or your own doing, they simply haven’t replaced any that I know of.

i surmise that you didn’t use a titanium leader in Maku Maku and a fish with teeth cut the line. 

you can obtain another one however by placing anywhere on the podium in the Steelhead competition in San Joaquin.

btw. There are no bugs in this game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are very good to know, thank you very much for the infos, especially the Steelhead competition! I shall compete for the first time soon(ish) hehe!

Your surmising was correct as well as I didn't expect a fish below 8lb to be this .. efficient?.. at breaking gear! Mistake learned at least so thank you for that as well! 

As for the "no bug" part, all I got to say is this: Funny guy (or gal)! XD 

Have a good one Tonto and take care! :)

I've lost some lures at Saint Croix while trying to catch Trout. I think what happened is that I must have accidentally hooked a large Muskie or Pike, and I wasn't using a Titanium leader, as the Trout are quite small and I wasn't in the "Pike or Muskie area". The fish bit, and even though my reel wasn't turned to maximum, the line broke within seconds. I guess when you are at a location where these kinds of fish are, always setup your rig to deal with big fish just in case. Especially when you're using a special lure instead of just a generic jig or lure which you can replace easily. It doesn't feel like it's a bug but who knows.

Edited by gunnies799

After reconsideration (and useful comments! :)), it was my mistake, no titanium leader. I underestimated them teeth on rather small fish (compared to Arapaimas at least!). I was in Peru, 8lb cast setup with walker, going for uni peacock bass (and omg did it work!), the fight was going on for about 3 minutes with all tensions ok, I've had some more yesterday WITH said leader and it didn't happen again! Granted it was very close to the arapaimas spot but the poor 8lb setup would've immediately broke the line I figure with reel tension being very high for the 4-8lb bass! Either way, I'll just check often for the Steelhead comp and get the walker back! :3 Thank you for the comments, have a great day guys! Take care!

• Like 1

If the leader is bitten off, a message comes up on the screen saying so. I've had both happen to me. I've had leaders bitten off because I forgot to equip a titanium leader, which fair enough was my fault. But I also once had a leader break for no reason at all. That was annoying.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, Tonto said:

You are not the first to lose an x-series lure, and I have yet to see one replaced by FP, but you can email support nevertheless. It is irrelevant whether it was caused by a bug or your own doing, they simply haven’t replaced any that I know of.

i surmise that you didn’t use a titanium leader in Maku Maku and a fish with teeth cut the line. 

you can obtain another one however by placing anywhere on the podium in the Steelhead competition in San Joaquin.

btw. There are no bugs in this game

Can you get a replacement x-series walker by redoing the 30 day explorer at San Joaquin. 

10 minutes ago, pverdura said:

Can you get a replacement x-series walker by redoing the 30 day explorer at San Joaquin. 

You can only do the 30 day challenge once