Carp A Diem - Musette's Carp Diary

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 1 (9/12/2020) Pt. 2 Rod 1: Boilies Tiger Nut Pop-up .8" (Neutral Warm Bait)        Method 2 5/6 oz. with Hot Spices Method Mix (All Season Groundbait) Rod 2: Boilies Tiger Nut Pop-u

Day 1 (9/12/2020) pt. 1 Observations: I have 13 Unis recorded for this game day but actually caught 14. I had to release the last uni because my keepnet was over capacity. I would need to le

11/19/2020 Dear Carp Diary, My internet is being sus again. I wanted to do a Germany carp creel to show how lucrative carp fishing is in the area, but alas...so much disconnect and groundbai

Posted Images

Awww VisoredGlint751 , I don't see the screenshot of your 71LB grass carp anymore. 

Anyways, congratulations!

Grass and ghost carps seldom breech 70LB/32KG mobiness in cool weather condition using a super feeder method. They can however reach supersized (90LB/40KG) mobiness in warm sunny weather using another super feeder method.

Glad you are having fun carp fishing in Weeping Willows UK. It's my favorite fishing area because it reminds me of the Buddhist gardens in Hawaii and Japan.

Hello Musette i want to say thank you! your Diary Carp help me a lot to Level up i catch uni Ghost Carps with your recipes that make me gain exp and arrived easily to unlock the Blue Crab Islan,Maku Maku and Marron River.So i'm in love with the passion you put to discover all the mistery secrets and parameters there's hide in this game,i'm your fan 🙋🎖.The other day i test launch chum Tuna pellets with x flavor/giant octopus on Blue Crab and i take 7 unis.So Musette technique also is good at the sea.Hugs,much love,health and several Mobys and Unis for Musette.

You are a champ i think i will see you soon won an Official Carp Tournament  you deserves it ❤🎖😎

• Like 1

11/13/2020

Dear Carp Diary,

Ever since the Halloween event ended, I've been plagued with connection issues. The connection issues have made it difficult to fish carp and catfish using a bottom or feeder rod method. Groundbait would refuse to load properly while the act of picking-up an active rod would cause a "running" error as the client tries desperately to connect with the server. Consequently, the fish would drop the hook. Last week, I even ended-up DCing just as I reeled-in a 93.6LB/43.5KG leather moby during a competition. I was not able to screenshot it or toss it in my keepnet. So frustrating.
fEGZMED.png

Luckily, today is Friday the 13th. I thought I would do a little Ghost Carp hunting again.

I am using a simple Spod Buffet Mix on Rod1 and a Spod Feeder Particle Mix on Rod2. The 2 mixes provide exceptional texture variation to hold the attention of the most pickiest of carp, while the enhanced aroma combinations draw in the carp in all types of weather.

My hybrid PVA method mix is potent enough to attract warmer weather carp species like Ghost and Grass carps in both cool and sunny weather. Method mix permeates the area quickly. My hybrid method mix is compatible with most boilies and pellet flavors.

Use Spices Boilies to target mostly Ghost Carp.

Use other Boilies flavors like Shellfish or Banana to attract the monster moby (90LB/40KG+) leather and mirror carps.

Have fun!
g3ikN4B.png

• Like 1

@PanthomGold

I'm sharing my recipe experiments so you guys can have more fun with bottom fishing and carp fishing and hopefully win some competitions for me. I don't expect to win competitions with my poor internet connection. I have more fun exploring and figuring out what makes things tick, and then re-assembling the data to make things amazing.

I do mix spod chum to hold fish potential in other areas when I do float fishing and lure fishing for many different types of fish. I've been needing to do less bottom/feeder fishing because of the ground-bait loading issues when my Comcast ISP is bottle-necking its bandwidth.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Musette said:

11/13/2020

Dear Carp Diary,

Ever since the Halloween event ended, I've been plagued with connection issues. The connection issues have made it difficult to fish carp and catfish using a bottom or feeder rod method. Groundbait would refuse to load properly while the act of picking-up an active rod would cause a "running" error as the client tries desperately to connect with the server. Consequently, the fish would drop the hook. Last week, I even ended-up DCing just as I reeled-in a 93.6LB/43.5KG leather moby during a competition. I was not able to screenshot it or toss it in my keepnet. So frustrating.
fEGZMED.png

Luckily, today is Friday the 13th. I thought I would do a little Ghost Carp hunting again.

I am using a simple Spod Buffet Mix on Rod1 and a Spod Feeder Particle Mix on Rod2. The 2 mixes provide exceptional texture variation to hold the attention of the most pickiest of carp, while the enhanced aroma combinations draw in the carp in all types of weather.

My hybrid PVA method mix is potent enough to attract warmer weather carp species like Ghost and Grass carps in both cool and sunny weather. Method mix permeates the area quickly. My hybrid method mix is compatible with most boilies and pellet flavors.

Use Spices Boilies to target mostly Ghost Carp.

Use other Boilies flavors like Shellfish or Banana to attract the monster moby (90LB/40KG+) leather and mirror carps.

Have fun!
g3ikN4B.png

Theres Among us Lol

Nice post that I havent seen on forum. Bridges lake my favorite place to fish. Been since I first fished weeping willows long ago. Fish on public rooms and barely seen people fishing there.

They did change thinks at weeping willows since this post.

When weeping willows first came out i get 16 plus unique on sunny days. Cloudy day i would get 12 or more and never used spod or pva bags. Them where the golden days of this disgraceful game they call fishing planet now.

1 hour ago, bottomfeeder lmao said:

When weeping willows first came out i get 16 plus unique on sunny days. Cloudy day i would get 12 or more and never used spod or pva bags. Them where the golden days of this disgraceful game they call fishing planet now.

With the spod system that is currently implemeted,  the right mix, position and timing  can fill an 1102LB/500KG keepnet in under 1 hour. I can get about 10 unis to spawn every 15 mins but only fish-up 5-6 moderate unis every 15 mins when Comcast (my ISP) is not being a sus. I just need to change the PVA/Method formula to match temperature and weather to fish in whatever weather or temperature. Carp unis will range from the low end starting around 35LB/16KG to oversized mobys of 100LB/45KG+.

I think the guys prefer to pull out the oversized mobys more so than  total unis. If FP awarded baitcoins for each uni, then the focus would be to fish-up unis via quantity rather than biggest size moby. The most amount of moderate sized unis I can fit into my creel is 18. It's harder to produce smaller unis unless you target small grass unis only. Grass unis are somewhat rare.

I understand why an area like Weeping Willows can be disgraceful. Boilies, pellets and groundbait are incredibly expensive. The price to fish Weeping Willows is rather prohibitive for newer players. I developed a bottom rod routine which uses much cheaper Common Baits. Common baits can fish-up the same amount of unis carp within 35LB/16KG-to-85LB/38KG range.

• Like 1

11/16/2020

Dear Carp Diary,

LZ0hqT6.png

Jim Kaf shared a UK marker with me today. So after I finished my cool weather 21 Uni Creel, I appropriated Jim's spot for a Sunny Weather Ghost Creel using the same all weather mix I used in the cool weather creel. Jim's spot turned out to be a great spot for Lucky Ghost trophy carps.

XoVjr9O.png
rT7rEGO.png

The all weather mix is great for all purpose carp fishing in both UK and Germany waterways. You can even catch moby range Bighead And Silver Carps with the spod mixes.

• Like 3

Hi mate, fantastic work, I am about to go to Germany for a bit of carp fishing, could you help me out with a good set up, but as simple as possible maybe without spods, I have not used them that is all so unsure about what I would be doing with them, also there is a lot to pick from with the boilies, what do the sizes mean, is largest always the best?

Hi Benji,

I just got home.  Will answer your question in your other topic. This thread is a tad more advance and tailored toward UK. UK carp fishing is somewhat pricey and complicated. But before I tackle your questions, What form of measurement are you using? Imperial or Metric?

11/19/2020

Dear Carp Diary,

My internet is being sus again. I wanted to do a Germany carp creel to show how lucrative carp fishing is in the area, but alas...so much disconnect and groundbait loss.

Before setting out to fish bighead and silver carps, I wanted to observe their migration habit. I tracked carp migration on my bass boat sonar system just outside the connecting bridges where I normally fish bighead and silver carp. Roughly, the bighead and silver carp appear to run in 2 small schools every 5-6 minutes during prime fishing time. The large trophy/unique blips run by with the schools about every 10 minutes.  I'll try to install a video app sometime to help me time fish migration via sonar with more precision.

I was only able to fish a short time because of the frequent disconnects. But I did want to share what is possible with moby carp fishing in Germany. It has the potential to be as lucrative as UK carp fishing but requires a different strategy and tackle.

The formula in my post is rated for warm water 68F/19C only. I'll work on a cool or all weather mix later.
RPre0eR.png
Enjoy!

• Like 4

Nice catch, I saw this pop up on the leader board, well done, I agree about Germany having a lot of potential, I think it's very underrated, I am making about 30k a day here on the big heads and silver heads and I am by no means advanced at carp fishing, just takes a little patience but I will definitely try this mix out mate

Edited by Benji
  • 3 weeks later...

no8vGZF.png
Apologies in advance for incoming nerdy content. Kerry asked for some help landing mobys. Currently he is landing 60 lb/28 kg unis. He is also wondering how to fish UK carp competitively.

Seasons Greetings @Kerry,

I'm a noob at this. Chum is an alien concept to me. My carp diary starts with me experimenting with chum recipes as if they were aquatic smoothies. My inner mad scientist took over and graduated into hybrid recipes.

Since I am a NERD, I did some research into the manufacturers of chum components, Haith's and FeedStim. A Haith article taught me about carp chemo (smell), visual and tactile receptors. FeedStim taught me about the metabolic components that go into aroma. Fascinating stuff to nerdie me. I went from a humble aquatic smoothie barista to a sus meth chemist for carp.
umqlOsn.png

FeedStim opened my eyes to the digital equivalents of their aromas on Fishing Planet. Especially X-Flavour.

mhVYgkA.png

This clever product translates into a metabolic bomb that boosts:

1. All season attraction;
  2. Fermentation process of warm water products;
  3. Enzymatic hormonal stimulant that produces feeding frenzy even when fish are sleepy; (think about how Marijuana stimulates appetite even in cancer patients who have difficulty eating)
  4. Bio-available efficiency which greatly enhances fish digestion and pro-biotic gut health to produce HUGE fish.

All my mixes contain X-Flavour. This product encourages the fishing AI to generate MOBY carp within the 2nd school migration or wave (roughly 30 minutes) out of a pool of 4-5 trophy/uni placeholders in the UK. In order for the fishing AI to generate a moby, X-Flavour code needs to be present with copious amounts of nutritious, textured groundbait. Not only does X-Flavour stimulate feeding frenzy and groundbait activation in colder temps, it makes the groundbait easier to digest just like FeedStim's Liquid Enzyme Treated Yeast. This causes the fishing AI to generate oversized carp out of trophy/uni placeholders.

Kerry, since your mix is capable of 60 lb unis, you may need to fish with less rods or spod twice as much to provide more groundbait per rod. You can also add a method mix innoculent tailored to current weather conditions if the weather has become colder or warmer. For instance, use Squid Shrimp + Spicy Fishmeal with 5% each of X-Flavour and Giant Octo aromas when the weather becomes colder than your current mix can handle. In hotter, sunny weather, you can make an innoculent with Strawberry Banana + Honey Citrus with 5% each of X-Flavour and Tutti Frutti. The innoculent gives a fermentation and chemoreception boost tailored to the temperature change. Fermentation is important in peaking the chemoreception of groundbait and getting enough pro-biotics into the placeholder's gut for oversized unis. I'm in awe that Fishing Planet has such a complex carp system tied to real life carp microbiology and products.
Bp5p4Ah.png

A placeholder is an old MMO term for a common monster in a group of the same class that has the potential to respawn into a notorious monster (NM). MMO nerds camp these placeholders religiously for a stab at glorious NM loot. In MMOs, NMs are either lottery (they can spawn after killing the placeholder) or timed. Uni carp placeholders in Fishing Planet are generated in timed schools, linked to best fishing time, and nurtured through complex presentation (tackle, bait, groundbait, weather, etc).    

Since I can't use sonar to map carp placeholders in the UK, I'll use carp sonar readings from Germany:
Nz8zhj1.png
HXvcA71.png

Therefore, you need to chose a suitable camp where the placeholders are generated. A suitable placeholder camp in UK is adjacent to both a deep pool and vegetation like tall grass, trees and reeds. Larger fish rest in deep pools. The presence of surface vegetation means the presence of insects which both large and small fish eat. As an example, here a few spots that promote placeholder extravaganza:
LZ0hqT6.png

The closer to shore your target markers are, the faster you can reel-in the unis. This is important in the Jolly Carp competition. Mobys will still take quite a bit of running and fighting. You will know you have 40 kg+ (90 lb+) moby because it will pull your line far out. The best way to fight a moby is to back-up a little inland and run with with the carp to gain ground then run towards it as it gets closer. Otherwise you could fight it forever standing still with the heaviest carp gear.

Hope this helps. If nerdie noob me can fish mobys, anyone can. If you require more help, friend me ingame so you can message me directly. Good luck and happy holidays.

Edited by Musette
formatting corrections
  • Like 1
On 11/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Musette said:

11/19/2020

Dear Carp Diary,

My internet is being sus again. I wanted to do a Germany carp creel to show how lucrative carp fishing is in the area, but alas...so much disconnect and groundbait loss.

Before setting out to fish bighead and silver carps, I wanted to observe their migration habit. I tracked carp migration on my bass boat sonar system just outside the connecting bridges where I normally fish bighead and silver carp. Roughly, the bighead and silver carp appear to run in 2 small schools every 5-6 minutes during prime fishing time. The large trophy/unique blips run by with the schools about every 10 minutes.  I'll try to install a video app sometime to help me time fish migration via sonar with more precision.

I was only able to fish a short time because of the frequent disconnects. But I did want to share what is possible with moby carp fishing in Germany. It has the potential to be as lucrative as UK carp fishing but requires a different strategy and tackle.

The formula in my post is rated for warm water 68F/19C only. I'll work on a cool or all weather mix later.
RPre0eR.png
Enjoy!

Hey so following this warm pva method mix and spod carp feeder particle mix i'm unable to get the accurate number of grams used as you even though i'm using metric. So for example under the feeder mix when adding pastoncino mix i'm only able to add 122g instead of 125g. Also when adding x-flavour on method mix i'm only able to get 105g instead of 111g. Both pastoncino and xflavour have never been used as i bought straight from shop. Any help regarding this and would my measurements cause any problems when trying for the moby bigheads and silver seeing its not the amount you have

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello old diary friends ❤️

My apologies for neglecting my carp diary for several months. I've been playing hooky on The Fisherman because connection issues with Fishing Planet was getting out of control in competition instances. Also, there are less people to annoy when I do sonar scanning on a noisy bass boat on The Fisherman.

I wanted to drop a basic Weeping Willows fast sunny farming recipe especially formulated for The Fisherman since I usually tell new WW fishers on TF to find the Carp A Diem thread on forum.fishingplanet.com when asked about uni bait coin farming. If you follow the blue annotations in the creel, you can learn how to adapt mixes from sunny to cloudy, day to night, or even from TF to FP. Pay attention to water temp, air temp, weather (high pressure = clear | low pressure = bad), sunny vs. cloudy...
AYvG6tU.png

The main difference between carp fishing in TF and FP is visual intensity and gear level.

Carp on TF are visually superior to the carp on FP. This means you need to cast out at a longer distance from your feet in TF. I recommend a distance of 20 meters. Starting at 19 meters, the larger carp will begin to bolt. In this regard, TF Weeping Willows carp are as visually sensitive as the FP Germany carp.

Also on TF, the smaller carp begin to bolt and you will notice a big reduction in nibbling activity at 10 meters. On FP, all the veterans love to fish monster mobys @ 3 meters on bottom rods and 6 meters on carp rods.

Gear wise:
Max hook size is 10/0 on TF and 14/0 on FP
No South American waterways on TF which means no Jauari or Moriche fruit for bottom rod moby fishing.
Also no South American 17-33 kg weight bottom rods on TF. Stuck on Heavy Chaser 11-27 kg bottom rod.

The current TF WW Leader Board (May 22, 2021) looks more like FP September 2020 just as people began to learn how to create mixes to catch 40 kg carp.
h8jVRLd.png

Hello again Carp Diary 🤠

While on The Fisherman, I wanted to test a high action multi-grain feeder mix on one of the more stubborn carp comps, Weeping Willows, UK: Grass Cutter Range. I use a similar recipe to clear all missions on all Euro waterways on The Fisherman. I was thinking if I can get just about everything uni to bite with this recipe, it might work on Grass Cutter Range.

Of course, Grass Cutter Range got canceled on TF due to lack of players...

So I hopped on to big sister Fishing Planet today to try out my TF mission destroyer recipe on Grass Cutter Range. I usually get DC'd multiple times or major rod malfunctions due to a combination of server and Comcast lag issues. I seldom place in the top 10 due to lag issues. But lag issues on Fishing Planet is better than a canceled competition on The Fisherman!

I start out with the smallest hook that I had in my inventory: #4 @ 20 meters cuz I was simulating The Fisherman 8mm caviar pellet.

On Fishing Planet, Grass Cutter Range, I deduce that the reason the bite rate is so bad is a combination of low temps and night time spawning. So the hook bait I start off with between the competition hours of 2am-4am is caviar. Why caviar you ask? Because when a pond is in spawning season, the only things mature fish will touch are each other and fish eggs. As far as carp pellets go, caviar pellets is pelleted fish eggs!

Grrrr, you would think that I would catch a lot of bream and predator carp with a tiny #4 hook...nope...I should have brought a #10.

Fish 1: Trophy Grass Carp hook size #4 + 8mm caviar pellet. Why!!!?

Well, this mix is insisting on catching heavier carp, lets switch to #12/0...

Hook #12/0 = 1x wrong trophy carp + 2x 29kg wrong carp... I don't have time to reel in heavy wrong carps that I can't see at 20 meters. I am switching to #10/0! Stupid TF mission destroyer feeder mix >.<

At 4am competition time, the sun breeches the horizon. On The Fisherman and Fishing Planet, spawning usually ends and shrimp, pineapple, and mulberry pellets become dominant. I choose the stinkier pellet cuz it's kind of cold.

Hook #10/0 + stinky 14mm shrimp pellets: I can see the fish nibbling. I see mostly ghost and commons...grr...a freaking uni mirror picked-up the hook before I could tug it away...waste of time uni. I am not going to have time to move to another area to fish a tiny grass carp...

4 minutes left. I hope that was a grass carp that just got hooked. Whatever took the hook did a bottom ninja grab.

3 minutes left. Cool, this uni is indeed a grass!

1 minute left. I hate TF mission destroyer mix. It's a lot like the buggy Gingerbread Cookies groundbait. It adds additional fishing stamina which makes fish fight stronger and longer...

@4 seconds left. 4 minutes to reel in a 29kg uni carp is too long. I can't catch a baby grass carp. That small range grass trophy will have to do.
QU3Q5pe.png

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Germany Moby Carp Farming for both The Fisherman and Fishing Planet

On The Fisherman, I prefer to do game cash farming on Germany's Sander Baggersee Lake. Weeping Willows nets mostly baitcoins, about 1k per creel. Unfortunately, while baitcoins is great for buying Golden ground bait and a few pieces of gear, game cash is needed to fix endgame gear.

I hopped over to Fishing Planet to see if my 2 favorite carping spots were as active as its The Fisherman counterpart. It is!
rq85lUd.jpg

Each peak spike, the fishing area scans show a school of 2x moby uni bighead and silver carp placeholders, 2 trophy along with several schools of mixed brown, grass and common carp (from trophy to young), including schools of bream, roach, ruffe, prussian carp, goby, tench and the occasional eel. Uni pike can be found among the lily pads and reeds to the left and right of the carp fishing spots. zander, perch and larger catfish are found about 50 meters further out.

On a sunny day, there are 2 short peak spikes during the day, and 2 longer peak spikes at night. The potential is there to catch at least 2 unis bighead/silver carp each peak period. I only managed to catch 1 uni each peak period during the day, but catch 2 unis each longer peak periods at night. 2x moderate sized unis + 4x moby sized unis for today's creel. My largest bighead and silvers are around 39k in the same area on both The Fisherman and Fishing Planet.

Pro Moby Carp Hunting
The creel I submitted is done with an assortment of rods and baits but each with a size #7/0 hook. The 2 match rods are for targeting silver and bighead carp. The bottom and carp rod are for general carping. I typically just bring 2 carping rods and 2 match rods for general carp and moby farming.

For level 50+ gear, I highly suggest size #7/0 for farming. Sizes #8/0 thru #12/0 will not net as many unis as #7/0. Size #7/0 is the sweet size for bighead, silver, browns, grass and commons.

Higher than #7/0 dramatically slows the catch rate even if carp sizes become slightly chunkier. The heaviest hook that bigheads and silver will take is a size #12/0, but spodding with my old method is required for larger hooks.

I typically catch 5-6 of the 8 uni carp placeholders with 2 rods. It's possible to catch all 8 if you can reel them in fast enough with 4 match rods. This depends on how much you want to be at the top of Germany's leader board.

Feeder/Method Spodding
Feeder/Method spodding ensures that each set of moby carp place holders remain interested in feeding with the schools of fish you attracted with your feeder groundbait mix. You can use your own feeder groundbait mix, but it is important to combine a method mix with your spodding routine. Utilizing method mixes in spodding creates slow release puddles on the floor of your carping spot. The method puddles slowly release droplets of flavored, aromatic gems that float to the surface of the water and entangle with the surface micro and macro plankton and algae which the bighead and silver carps feed on. Feeder groundbait attracts an entourage of smaller fish schools which the mobys swim with. Mobys don't travel alone.

Pro carpers in real life deploy method mixes with their groundbait mixes in monster carping to create floating droplets that not only ooze aroma, but also reflect sun and moon light like sparkling gems.

Barbless Power Leveling
For level 40-something carping gear, please don't use hooks bigger than #4/0. Even a size #4/0 has a potential to catch a 35k+ moby uni carp at least once a day in the carp spots using my spod method. Moby unis are a challenge for level 40-something gear. For fast exp points, use size #4/0 barbless on match rods with technoplankton and vegetables and match/floater rods to catch bighead and silver carps. For regular carps, use #4/0 barbless with sweet corn or sweet peas with bottom rods. Carp rods are not able to equip barbless hooks at this time.

The following Fishing Planet creel is similar to The Fisherman with minor level 50ish rod differences for The Fisherman.
trFoYp1.png

Now that you guys know how to catch these elusive moby Bigheads and Silvers consistantly, let's see who catches a 40kg German moby carp first! Will it be The Fisherman crew or the Fishing Planet crew who catches it first?

Edited by Musette
formatting
  • Thanks 1
On 5/27/2021 at 3:11 PM, Musette said:

Germany Moby Carp Farming for both The Fisherman and Fishing Planet

On The Fisherman, I prefer to do game cash farming on Germany's Sander Baggersee Lake. Weeping Willows nets mostly baitcoins, about 1k per creel. Unfortunately, while baitcoins is great for buying Golden ground bait and a few pieces of gear, game cash is needed to fix endgame gear.

I hopped over to Fishing Planet to see if my 2 favorite carping spots were as active as its The Fisherman counterpart. It is!
rq85lUd.jpg

Each peak spike, the fishing area scans show a school of 2x moby uni bighead and silver carp placeholders, 2 trophy along with several schools of mixed brown, grass and common carp (from trophy to young), including schools of bream, roach, ruffe, prussian carp, goby, tench and the occasional eel. Uni pike can be found among the lily pads and reeds to the left and right of the carp fishing spots. zander, perch and larger catfish are found about 50 meters further out.

On a sunny day, there are 2 short peak spikes during the day, and 2 longer peak spikes at night. The potential is there to catch at least 2 unis bighead/silver carp each peak period. I only managed to catch 1 uni each peak period during the day, but catch 2 unis each longer peak periods at night. 2x moderate sized unis + 4x moby sized unis for today's creel. My largest bighead and silvers are around 39k in the same area on both The Fisherman and Fishing Planet.

Pro Moby Carp Hunting
The creel I submitted is done with an assortment of rods and baits but each with a size #7/0 hook. The 2 match rods are for targeting silver and bighead carp. The bottom and carp rod are for general carping. I typically just bring 2 carping rods and 2 match rods for general carp and moby farming.

For level 50+ gear, I highly suggest size #7/0 for farming. Sizes #8/0 thru #12/0 will not net as many unis as #7/0. Size #7/0 is the sweet size for bighead, silver, browns, grass and commons.

Higher than #7/0 dramatically slows the catch rate even if carp sizes become slightly chunkier. The heaviest hook that bigheads and silver will take is a size #12/0, but spodding with my old method is required for larger hooks.

I typically catch 5-6 of the 8 uni carp placeholders with 2 rods. It's possible to catch all 8 if you can reel them in fast enough with 4 match rods. This depends on how much you want to be at the top of Germany's leader board.

Feeder/Method Spodding
Feeder/Method spodding ensures that each set of moby carp place holders remain interested in feeding with the schools of fish you attracted with your feeder groundbait mix. You can use your own feeder groundbait mix, but it is important to combine a method mix with your spodding routine. Utilizing method mixes in spodding creates slow release puddles on the floor of your carping spot. The method puddles slowly release droplets of flavored, aromatic gems that float to the surface of the water and entangle with the surface micro and macro plankton and algae which the bighead and silver carps feed on. Feeder groundbait attracts an entourage of smaller fish schools which the mobys swim with. Mobys don't travel alone.

Pro carpers in real life deploy method mixes with their groundbait mixes in monster carping to create floating droplets that not only ooze aroma, but also reflect sun and moon light like sparkling gems.

Barbless Power Leveling
For level 40-something carping gear, please don't use hooks bigger than #4/0. Even a size #4/0 has a potential to catch a 35k+ moby uni carp at least once a day in the carp spots using my spod method. Moby unis are a challenge for level 40-something gear. For fast exp points, use size #4/0 barbless on match rods with technoplankton and vegetables and match/floater rods to catch bighead and silver carps. For regular carps, use #4/0 barbless with sweet corn or sweet peas with bottom rods. Carp rods are not able to equip barbless hooks at this time.

The following Fishing Planet creel is similar to The Fisherman with minor level 50ish rod differences for The Fisherman.
trFoYp1.png

Now that you guys know how to catch these elusive moby Bigheads and Silvers consistantly, let's see who catches a 40kg German moby carp first! Will it be The Fisherman crew or the Fishing Planet crew who catches it first?

Hey Musette so following your advice just after you caught your first Moby 83lb Bighead, i caught this badboy same place on the PS4. I will try the new spot as i seen a friend of mines randomly caught a small bighead while fishing Roach, so i know they must be there.

FishingPlanet_20210427151412.jpg

• Like 2